Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity (2759 Views)

Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation / Tongues: A Fundamental Flaw In Pentecostalism / My Fear For Pentecostalism. . .will She Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by dragon2(m): 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2006
no insult meant just saying the truth, protestanism is so weak in teaching that it is so surprising so many flock to it. whydo i say so? let me explain:

#1 core belief:solar scritura; i.e,we believe in the bible. com'on the full new testament bible did not exist until 367 c.e and then it was compiled by your bitter rival (the catholics under controversial circumstances)http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/NT_Hist.htm. christ's apostles never used it neither did the LORD himself talk about it. what he always talked about was the spirit "he will guide u(not the bible)into ALL TRUTH, and will show u THINGS TO COME", are we saying that the spirit can not reveal anything u do not see in the bible since its{the bible}advent?

#2.u believe in GOD u are saved! ha, not totally true!!!! what was the last complete instruction concerning salvation christ gave to his apostles?matt:28.19-20,acts:10.44-48.

#3.u flock wherever miracles are, exposing yourselves to the possibilty of demonic(yes demonic, the devil can make apparent "miracles"wink delusion,fraud, and heartbreak.remember "many will perform miracles in my name, " .is miracles at the centre of christianity? no! my favorite writter john called them exactly what they are, SIGNS to the father nothing more nothing less.recieving or not recieving miracles does not make u holier.hmmmmm i'd like to see 1 of ure miracle workers perform miracles on the streets of lagos just like jesus did rather than on the stage of a closed environment.i may just believe.i just don't understand this appetite for miracles i thought faith as small as a mustard seeed is enough?

#4 noisy church prayers.praying together is better in one voice is better than the rucus u create.Period! how do the jews pray?learn from then for that is hoe christ prayed.1cor:14,23-32.

#5. the way pentecostals speak in tongues is unscriptural!!!!

#6 one sin and u are in hell!? bloody lie!!! quote please. anyway if that were so, you are all doomed cause we all sin everyday.after all their is none like GOD and only he is HOLY.

#7 finally instead of ure pastors being shepards they are more like ravenous wolves devouring the pennies of widows promising riches,u are all chasing wealth, some at all cost, but remember," it is easier for a camel, " how many of u followers out there own a bmw m5?christ said feed my lambs not devour them.and paul made tents so as not to put any material pressure on his hosts.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by funloving(m): 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2006
@drag on
Do you have anything else to say is this all ?
We have heard such stories before from people seeking attention or just trying to spew spurious and baseless arguments.
Please try another method. This is no longer a popular way to be famous
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by darqly(m): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2006
em drag on, just in passing, I noticed your header says
Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity
and then the very first line goes
no insult meant just saying the truth, [b]protestanism [/b]is so weak
. So which fuse are trying to light here- Pentecostalism or Protestanism? undecided
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by welborn(m): 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2006
@drag_on

Are you a Catholic who really has a problem with pentecostalism or protestantism, or you're just trying to finish off a quarrel you picked up from somewhere else? I marvel that you seem to be against the New Testament, and yet you quote it when it suits your petty whining - or where did you get all the scriptures you used in your lecture on this page [matt:28.19-20,acts:10.44-48. .1cor:14,23-32. . ]?? How did you know that Paul made tents, or that the Lord always talked about the spirit ["he will guide u(not the bible)into ALL TRUTH, and will show u THINGS TO COME"] - if you didn't get that from the same Bible (particularly the New Testament) that you're shouting your crapola against? And your favourite writer John: where do you find his writings - in Ebony magazine or the New Testament? It doesn't make any sense for you to slur the Bible and yet call one of its inspired writers your favourite!

Miracles. . . noisy prayers. . . speaking in tongues. . . pastors did this and that - what's the next pentecostal and protestant activity that gives you sleepless night? Why pointing accusing fingers - if others have not been able to perform miracles on the streets of Lagos, what is stopping you from being the first to display your faith of a mustard seed? This is the kind of double standard that Jesus warned against - beware of mere talk without action to back it up. . . He calls it hypocrisy (see Luke 12:1 and Matt.23:3).

Friend, you need to take care of your prejudices before shouting at others. Those who do wrong, the Lord will deal with them - so leave them to Him. "Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God." (1Cor. 4:5). Miracles, tongues and all else that God has given to His children are priceless and honourable - so hold your tongue from the temptation of classifying the miracles of the Lord as "demonic, delusion, fraud, and heartbreak." You failed to mention that there are genuine miracles - I've experienced some for myself in my life, and they did not lead to the possibility of frauds, delusions, or heartbreaks. God is love and bigger than the noise you're making - He's definitely bigger than Catholicism, Protestantism, Pentecostalism or any "-isms" in Christendom. Whatever the confusion we see around us, we can help to warn against evil and encourage towards the good: in all things, God alone will be God.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by dragon2(m): 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2006
sorry if i ruffled a few feathers,no need to get bitter. oh!darqly i meant penticostalism, sorry for the error i take it back.
the most impo thing is dat nobody said its a lie. dats d result i wuz expecting,and confirmation of my observations.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by welborn(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2006
Your generalizations are not true about pentecostal pastors, speaking in tongues, and people flocking wherever to miracles as the possibility of the demonic. If you have a problem with pentecostal Christians, will you deny that Catholicism has had its share of questionable practices?
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by gospelman(m): 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2006
Drag_on,how're you doing?
Well,I just pray you understand that there are certain fundamental truths you must believe in in order to be a Christian:

1.You must believe that Jesus was born of a virgin
2.You must believe that the Bible(all scripture) is given by  inspiration of God,
3. etc

So arguing about the bible is just a waste of time.Where did you here about the Holy Spirit?In your physics class or biology class?How did you know Jesus said the Spirit(not the bible according to you) will guide you into all truth?Surely you got them all from the bible.

Now you need to know that the author of the bible is the Holy Ghost.And since He does not contradict Himself,His leading will always be in agreement with the Word of God (in the Bible).See?

So your point is really unnecessary.All you need do is be born again and filled with the Holy Ghost.Studying your bible will help you know the Holy Ghost,your rights in Christ etc.If you do not study the bible,the Holy Ghost will not lead you because He will not have the necessary  ingredients with which you lead you.More so, you cannot accept an author and reject His book:that will be dishonesty and insincerity.
I do not even want to take you on some of the major issues you raised about miracles etc,because I perceive you not authorized to speak on these matters since there a too high for you.

So check yourself and let's know what the problem is.We may need to pray for you.

Cheers!
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by Ukpekeson(m): 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2006
Drag_On, this statement is not true pls dont say this again cos God is watching us embarassed shocked
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by funloving(m): 12:54am On Apr 01, 2006
I think drag_on just wanted to spark off some arguments from Christians,that was why I decided not join issues with him.

Dear Drag_on stop attacking christianity and just become one.We get enough attacks already from the Agnostics and Atheists but it has not changed anything. Jesus is still Lord and the Bible is still True.There are still miracles and Pastors are still caring.
In my Church in Port Harcourt educational grants are given to indigent students who are members of the church and it is a pentecostal church.

It is not very hard to be a christian,just sign up by accepting Christ as Lord. No need fighting us because you won't win.They have tried it for generations and it has not succeeded
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by gidig(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2006
I totally agree with funloving and it is not just drag_on but a lot of other guys on nairaland.com.People are just looking for attention and this is one of the easiest ways to get it.

Ignore this guy abeg una!
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by kimba(m): 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2006
@drag_on

you better drag-on somewhere else.

Its more like you had an argument with someone else and you got so dissed, you couldnt make through with your argument, that you just had to let it out somewhere. After you quote the Bible very well, you begin to talk foolishness.

What is your own Faith, Christian, Catholic, Muslim or what, pls tell us.
And are you talking to Pentecostals/Prostestants/Christians? and whoever, and you claim to have John as your Favorite?, let me give you one assignment.

Please go and read the whole book of John. After reading it, come and tell us what you have read.
You really had nothing to say, did you?
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by dragon2(m): 3:16am On Apr 02, 2006
rather than blow so much hot air.can somebody explicitly tell me where am wrong? i don't think so. therfore the status quo remains. and 'am not attacking christianity after all their are several forms and only one can be right!. simply logic.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by funloving(m): 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2006
Drag_on did you read welborn contribution ? Please go and read it and then you will know where you are wrong
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by lioness(f): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2006
Another Crapy thread grin grin
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by dragon2(m): 9:44am On Apr 03, 2006
when you have no solutions to a question wat do you do? simple say the question is crap in the first place and not worth an answer.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by dragon2(m): 9:45am On Apr 03, 2006
com'on funloving our friend wellborn suspended the issue in mid air like a talented magician by saying basically GOD will judge. If paul had been like that their would be no "Gentile"christianity today! On the issue of scripture the prob is not that it wuz written by the inspiratin of the HOLY SPIRIT rather that it can be interpreted wrongly by any devil (even as satan did wen tempting christ) any "GOD SENT" prophet can interpret as he likes.dat is a severe weakness in penticostalism. another thing, article #2 of gospelmans write up is NOT an article of faith anywhere in d old or new testament. i don't know where dat wuz generated from.the written law "TORAH" or something like dat is the only written law dat wuz generally accepted as a precondition and even then the jews wre already "baptised into the family of God"through their passage of the Red sea. Baptism not scripture binds u 2 God.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by lioness(f): 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2006
CRAP! grin
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by otokx(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2006
this is a futile place
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by dragon2(m): 10:00am On Apr 04, 2006
sigh! just as i thought penticostalism is so weak a religion. they know their is so much evil amongst them and their doctrines/belief so loose but still they move about other faiths like leopards looking for who to devour yet are so spotted themselves.beware of this sect and keep your distance from them!!!!!! maybe, just maybe i'll post a complete dossier on thier errors only that it will be soooo loooong. i just tried to shorten it here.so pathetic.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by lioness(f): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2006
More Crap! grin grin
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by EddyTells(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2006
Double Crap!!!
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by welborn(m): 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2006
drag_on:

com'on funloving our friend wellborn suspended the issue in mid air like a talented magician by saying basically GOD will judge.

drag_on, it would be nice of you to post some of your nightmares in Protestantism or Pentecostalism here for us to read - then I'll be most glad to show who is the greater talented magician between us by sampling a few Catholic imbroglios to take home for your consideration. Since you're not satisfied that GOD will judge and you want to take the judgement into your own hands, please do so by all and any means in your next post.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by lioness(f): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2006
Am not in support of any denomination. I just think this crap is enough.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry END THIS SSHIT
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by EddyTells(m): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2006
shocked
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by dragon2(m): 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2006
care lioness you shouldn't be using such words around here.
okay,let me see , simple question for any of u out there(and their are many) . let say i want to join your faith and i have some objections o.k?. i believe this is more polite. where is speaking in tongues that i hear in your churches in the holy book?.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by 4getme1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2006
I hope U've asked that question sincerely, and that would be a more sane way of putting things than you've done in the past.

Read up Acts 2 and I Cor. 12-14 for a start, and ask yourself: what is God telling you in those scriptures?
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by lioness(f): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2006
Dont give me that care shitt drag_on. Am not in the mood for cautions right now OK angry
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by EddyTells(m): 9:14am On Apr 07, 2006
@ Drag_on, you are now asking about speaking in tongues

YOU SURE SAY YOU DEY READ BIBLE AT ALL??
Abi na only that paper wey Father dey give wey u dey read grin
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by dragon2(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2006
sorry i haven't been around, i've been busy. anyway i like an answer to this: After considerable research i have to say that the "tongues" in scripture mean languages to me and that is not what i hear when i pass by many churches it sounds more like the repitition of 3 or more syllabuses. peter and the other apostles definitely spoke in "languages"  that others understood to be thiers. acts 2.,1 cor14:21-22. Even if it is an unknown tongue (like spanish is to me) it can still be deected as a language.Secondly paul states categorically that not everybody gets this gift. 1 cor 12: 8-13,28-30.   paul also said speaking in tongues(lets say that it what occurs in your churches) should be private not done when you congregate.1 cor 14: 23-30. Generaly i still have to say what i hear on T.V. and see other do is not a language whether known or unknown tongue and it is good (speaking in tongues) but not available to all. i mean i could speak in tongues (the way u guys do it ) if i wanted to. what i hear is crap.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by Enigma(m): 12:06am On Apr 11, 2006
drag_on:

sorry i haven't been around, i've been busy. anyway i like an answer to this: After considerable research i have to say that the "tongues" in scripture mean languages to me and that is not what i hear when i pass by many churches it sounds more like the repitition of 3 or more syllabuses. peter and the other apostles definitely spoke in "languages" that others understood to be thiers. acts 2.,1 cor14:21-22. Even if it is an unknown tongue (like spanish is to me) it can still be deected as a language.Secondly paul states categorically that not everybody gets this gift. 1 cor 12: 8-13,28-30. paul also said speaking in tongues(lets say that it what occurs in your churches) should be private not done when you congregate.1 cor 14: 23-30. Generaly i still have to say what i hear on T.V. and see other do is not a language whether known or unknown tongue and it is good (speaking in tongues) but not available to all. i mean i could speak in tongues (the way u guys do it ) if i wanted to. what i hear is crap.

and you are correct; totally correct.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by EddyTells(m): 8:56am On Apr 11, 2006
Exactly Drag_on. What YOU HEAR is CRAP, doesnt mean what they speak is crap. When you quote the bible on what tongues they spoke then, did you know what they spoke. Where you in the bible days to see if they spoke 10 syllabus or 132 ?

rustatbagtrfevvafdsewuyhrashahah ~~~~ interpretation ~~~ You prick. grin grin grin grin
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by babymine(f): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2006
At da topic - N O T  T R U E!!

Da topic should be - PENTECOSTALISM: THE STRONGEST FORM OF CHRISTIANITY!  grin  cheesy  grin  
                                              Got that?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Who Is A Member Of Scoan T.b Joshua's Church: Need Your Help. / Jesus Vs The Devil / Pope Francis Starting To Suspect He May Actually Be The Antichrist After All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.