Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,318 members, 7,864,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website (2062 Views)

Osun Denies Receiving N82b From FG / Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze / We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by tpiander: 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
here is a quote from an article about website designing. Like i pointed out before, you pay for quality. Its not about half baked comments and p.ornographic content which might be on a website of say N900. Not to mention pop up ads and other annoying stuff.

If you want quality, you pay for it.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/207576
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
tpiander:
here is a quote from an article about website designing. Like i pointed out before, you pay for quality. Its not about half baked comments and p.ornographic content which might be on a website of say N900. Not to mention pop up ads and other annoying stuff.

If you want quality, you pay for it.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/207576

agreed. some websites cost millions of dollars. But those are custom coded. That fashola website is built on a generic CMS with no specific function. it's just like every other joomla website out there.
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by socialmediaman: 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris:

Even the 10 million naira is outrageous. Believe me.

An experienced content manager may disagree. After website development, uploading or converting thousands of physical content from paper to digital content online for an 8-year government would become an an enormous task because this would take months and that manpower+bandwidth+disk space etc has to be paid for
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by tpiander: 10:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
is it the same nigerians who pay cash down for phones and airtime which even overseas people cant afford to buy at full price, who are complaining here?
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by 360metrosports: 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
cc: lalasticlala
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
socialmediaman:

An experienced content manager may disagree. After website development, uploading or converting thousands of physical content from paper to digital content online for an 8-year government would become an an enormous task because this would take months and that manpower+bandwidth+disk space etc has to be paid for

Are you fvcking kidding me? You have the website in question. What extra-digital contents are on that website aside from jpeg images, pdf files and video recordings?

Dedicated unlimited diskspace host cannot cost more than $40 a month. What manpower do you need? for a CMS?
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by tpiander: 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris:

Are you fvcking kidding me? You have the website in question. What extra-digital contents are on that website aside from jpeg images, pdf files and video recordings?

Dedicated unlimited diskspace host cannot cost more than $40 a month. What manpower do you need? for a CMS?

did you not read the link i posted?

how much do you want someone to be paid per hour for thousands of hours of work?

N20 for the whole thing?
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
tpiander:

did you not read the link i posted?

how much do you want someone to be paid per hour for thousands of hours of work?

N20 for the whole thing?

what is the acceptable average in Nigeria and for what work exactly? uploading contents into a CMS? really?
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by socialmediaman: 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris:

No, you misunderstand, this is a professional contract. Lagos government has thousands of pages and documents of project work, descriptions, images and files etc to be put on the site. Now this is where the work is. All these documents have to be summarized, organized, typed and pictures and files will be attached to these descriptions etc. for a state government of 8 years, you're probably talking about months of work. Do not forget that someone will go round Lagos state taking photos, conducting interviews and doing research on these stuff. This is not free! It's not a job that Mr A can handle, its a job for a company with the resources to get it done.
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
socialmediaman:

No, you misunderstand, this is a professional contract. Lagos government has thousands of pages and documents of project work, descriptions, images and files etc to be put on the site. Now this is where the work is. All these documents have to be summarized, organized, typed and pictures and files will be attached to these descriptions etc. for a state government of 8 years, you're probably talking about months of work. Do not forget that someone will go round Lagos state taking photos, conducting interviews and doing research on these stuff. This is not free! It's not a job that Mr A can handle, its a job for a company with the resources to get it done.

then these jobs should be in the office running cost of the government and not in the contract for the website. The government has an IT department, don't they? What exactly would be the work of the IT department?
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by CyberWolf: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
socialmediaman:

Stop lying..We are not gullible..Haba angry ..The said N78M, is it not just for upgrading the site for 2014 alone? That's about $391,000 we are talking about shocked shocked shocked ..For just a wordpress website.. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by tpiander: 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris:

what is the acceptable average in Nigeria and for what work exactly? uploading contents into a CMS? really?

are you of the belief Nigeria is a jungle?
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by socialmediaman: 10:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris:

then these jobs should be in the office running cost of the government and not in the contract for the website. The government has an IT department, don't they? What exactly would be the work of the IT department?

The last time another state government did this, they also outsourced it because this kind of work would bug down the IT arm of the government. Imagine leaving their job to focus on development and documentation of Fashola's achievements when they should be maintaining infrastructure and doing other core functions. The ICT department of government is usually small if you're running a lean government
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by socialmediaman: 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
CyberWolf:
Stop lying..We are not gullible..Haba angry ..The said N78M, is it not just for upgrading the site for 2014 alone? That's about $391,000 we are talking about shocked shocked shocked ..For just a wordpress website.. angry angry angry

No, Fashola said it was N10 million, the IT company in question said it was N10 million as well, so in the absence of an official publication of the contract papers showing N78 million, can we please focus the discussion on N10 million?
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by CyberWolf: 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
tpiander:

are you of the belief Nigeria is a jungle?
My friend keep quiet because you are talking shiiit...You don't know a shiiit of what you are talking about..let me ask you, how much does it cost to develop and maintain an eCommerce website? Can you compare and eCommerce stie like jumia.com with this silly blog we are talking about? angry
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by CyberWolf: 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
socialmediaman:

No, Fashola said it was N10 million, the IT company in question said it was N10 million as well, so in the absence of an official publication of the contract papers showing N78 million, can we please focus the discussion on N10 million?
And what difference does that make? That's exactly why we are shouting because we knew that the site will not cost nothing more than N10M(That's because it's government funded,if not with 2M, boys can do a better job than that silly thing they put up there angry), and they budgeted 78M, that means he looted the remaining 68M...He must provide the remaining 68M or else, he will have to explain to a Judge sad ...

Besides it's Fashola that will provide evidence to backup his claim of spending 10M instead of 78M so for now, lets deal with 78M which we have evidence at hand.
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by tpiander: 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
CyberWolf:
i should keep quiet because I am talking shiiit..I don't know a shiiit of what I am barking about..let me ask you, how much does it cost to develop and maintain an eCommerce website? Can you compare and eCommerce stie like jumia.com with this silly blog we are talking about? angry

so because someone mentioned jumia.com, you must start being an irritant ?

shows you know nothing but are just wasting people's time here!!!!!!!!

come back when you actually have a clue about what you want to discuss!
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by CyberWolf: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
tpiander:

so because someone mentioned jumia.com, you must start being an irritant ?

shows you know nothing but are just wasting people's time here!!!!!!!!

come back when you actually have a clue about what you want to discuss!

grin grin look at this clown, anyway I don't have time for you. Keep fooling yourself here..
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by socialmediaman: 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
CyberWolf:
And what does difference does that make? That's exactly why we are shouting because we knew that the site will not cost nothing less than N10M(That's because it's government funded,if not with 2M, boys can do a better job than that silly thing they put up there angry), and they budgeted 78M, that means he looted the remaining 68M...He must provide the remaining 68M or else, he will have to explain to a Judge sad ...

Besides it's Fashola that will provide evidence to backup his claim of spending 10M instead of 78M so for now, lets deal with 78M which we have evidence at hand.

I don't know who is lying here. If the government published the actual contract papers to back their claim that Fashola spent N78 million on the contract, then it's an indictment on Fashola. But for now, Fashola insists he awarded N10 for that contract and the IT company substanciated that.
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by tpiander: 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
CyberWolf:
grin grin I am a clown, anyway I don't have time for better things. i will keep fooling myself here..

undecided
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by CyberWolf: 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
socialmediaman:

I don't know who is lying here. If the government published the actual contract papers to back their claim that Fashola spent N78 million on the contract, then it's an indictment on Fashola. But for now, Fashola insists he awarded N10 for that contract and the IT company substanciated that.
We are still talking the same thing. For LSPPA to publish that in there report shows that it's real at least for now. Fashola saying that he awarded 10M and the IT firm corroborated that might be true but you and I know the kind of government we have when it comes to awarding contract..They might award a contract for 50M and write 200M. If I'm you, I will be telling Fashola to publish the full contract papers so as to exonerate himself completely, than this lie..
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by luvmijeje(f): 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
This story is still not adding up. Why will a government official website quote 78m when is 10m naira? It's high time the press beam their searchlight on Ambode. He should order the department in charge of procurement to release the necessary documentation.
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by socialmediaman: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
CyberWolf:
We are still talking the same thing. For LSPPA to publish that in there report shows that it's real at least for now. Fashola saying that he awarded 10M and the IT firm corroborated that might be true but you and I know the kind of government we have when it comes to awarding contract..They might award a contract for 50M and write 200M. If I'm you, I will be telling Fashola to publish the full contract papers so as to exonerate himself completely, than this lie..

I understand. With Fashola's claim, the government needs to publish the actual contract document so we can dispute Fashola's figure, he says he awarded the contract for less than N10m and not the N78m claimed by government. They're accusing him, the evidence should be with them, let's see it
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by Brimmie(m): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
shachris:

agreed. some websites cost millions of dollars. But those are custom coded. That fashola website is built on a generic CMS with no specific function. it's just like every other joomla website out there.

Bro, I'm not trying to defend BRF. But in Design, Graphic Design most especially, Status of Clients dictates the Price most times. I can give a Design to Client A at the cost of 10naira and charge Client B 200naira for the same Design.

The truth is that, there's no fixed price for Design.

There's nothing outrageous in 10m on a Website with Apps on different Platforms.
Re: IT Firm Denies Receiving N78million For Fashola’s Website by egift(m): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
shachris:

Even the 10 million naira is outrageous. Believe me.

It is not. The Obamacare website cost over 2 million dollars. It is not only about designing a website but include APPs, and managing the website. This includes personnel etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why I Masturbate Alot, Told By A Friend During NYSC / PHOTOS From the burial ceremony of Deputy Governor Of Borno State Today / Isis/iswap Claims Responsibility For Nyanya Bombings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.