Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,767 members, 7,844,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH (35620 Views)

Aisha Buhari Takes A Walk With Her Grand Daughter (Pictured) / EFCC Freezes Bola Shagaya’s N500m Account Over Patience Jonathan's Probe / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ComradeAdelabu(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2015
kITATITA:
Wife of the President performs nominal and ceremonial roles in other countries of the world. What's repugnant like we had in the last administration is budgetary allocation to an office not recognized by law. Are we going to lock her up in her bedroom because her husband won an election?

I wonder.
Its funny how the media modifies stories without conscience just to attract attention. Remember what u are establishing, possess some righteousness.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2015
hedonistic:

The FCTA setting aside funds to build an office (permanent edifice) is not the same thing as a budgetary allocation to RUN the Office of the First Lady. Is it not the same office that your hypocritical Aisha Buhari is now using? So what exactly is your point?

It is not same office. The N4bn allocation was for African First Ladies Peace Mission Building, a pet project of First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan. Some other aspects of funding for the First Lady's office are hidden in the huge allocation for feeding, entertainment, etc. Aso Villa, by is design, already has banquet halls and such other facilities, including where the President's wife can entertain her guests and carry out such ceremonial functions. I won't argue more with you.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by tsdarkside(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2015
grin grin grin grin...this realy bring to laugh....hahahaha..............
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by alexlee50: 11:17am On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=hifaif post=36762569]

So a wife should only serve at home? You need therapy.[/quote. Your response has shown that u have a very low I.Q.let's start from the definition of wife, who is a wife? What is her responsibility? A wife is a woman married to a man who is reffered to as her husband. Her responsibility is to the man and his/her family.in a case where we have a woman who is pursuing a career that means she has taken an added responsibility which should not be detrimental to her primary duty as a wife/mother.this one has said she does not want to be first lady, which is an added responsibility to her role as wife of PMB.why does she now need an office to perform her traditional role of wife? Abi your papa open office for your mama to function as wife/mother for una family? Hope u now see the reason why I said u have a low I.Q?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by mekadinho(f): 11:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Government of liars n hypocrites, for d gullibles n nitwits.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by alexlee50: 11:24am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

[size=15pt]FCT Budget: Patience Jonathan’s Mission Building To Gulp N4bn[/size]

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/fct-budget-patience-jonathans-mission-building-to-gulp-n4bn/
Passingsshot did you read the story in the link you just posted? Please try to read before answering questions or making comments. That building is not patience jonathans personal building but african first ladies building. The proposal to build the African first ladies headquaters in Abuja was approved years before patience became first lady.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by PassingShot(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2015
alexlee50:
Passingsshot did you read the story in the link you just posted? Please try to read before answering questions or making comments. That building is not patience jonathans personal building but african first ladies building. The proposal to build the African first ladies headquaters in Abuja was approved years before patience became first lady.
The point is that her pet project (this particular building in this case) was financed by Nigeria. Read it again too.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 09, 2015
PapaOyoyo:
I thought they said no First lady. Will politricians ever keep to their words?

Change indeed

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Femolacaster(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2015
Vickygirk:

dont always be a two side of a sword is very bad. Learn to say the truth as it is no matter wat
if i may ask, how have i used "double mouth"? I believe PMB wont allow her to misbehave there, or even allocate tax-payers money there, as it was the case during Gej's era. I stand for truth!
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by hary4luv(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
seunmsg:
No big deal here. The press should let her be. Which office did they expect her to operate from before? What matters is that the activities of the office and her pet project will not be funded by government unlike what was obtainable during the regimes of past head of states.

And who told u her projects will not be funded by government? People are just so gullible. mstchew!
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by arabianights: 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
owobokiri:
This lady. . If she is left to her ways will easily be another attention seeking first lady. Our lanky friend has done a great job trying to keep her in the background (read;puddah). But it is obvious madam is not very comfortable with this reality. . From her attention commanding wristwtches, through her classy parties to stuffs like this, it is obvious madam is being held from the camera against her will. It is like holding a fart. . She is going to break out someday. We just hope she won't foul the air thereafter. .

This man....Am suspecting you. Your are too on point.Its either you are a family member or someone revealed some facts to you.
The General knows his wife much as he is not happy with some of her antics,i assure you, he has her under leash.She cant try any nonsense as she knows what to expect
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by arabianights: 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
identify what areas? we expect her to deal with the welfare as well as rehabilitate IDP.What else is more important right now?
We expect her to assist in the children fitting into society,mothers getting jobs even if its menial and lots more.
Should the government relax on this,they should expect an uprising worse than bh as this people are hungry,angry ,frustrated and depressed.Dont also forget that this has caused some of them to be psychologically disturbed.

The internally displaced persons are a ticking time bomb.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by bashsani(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
anonimi:

Below is the title of this thread, not so

Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office

Abeg na where you see pet project inside the matter?
If you want to open a thread about pet project, do so and I may join you to discuss thereon whether this building was for a pet project or rather the ASSOCIATION of First Ladies in Africa, which will belong to the FGN in perpetuity and attract visitors and tourists with their forex to our country.
pls go back and kindly read the passage
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Piro4rl(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=seunmsg post=36759610]No big deal here. The press should let her be. Which office did they expect her to operate from before? What matters is that the activities of the office and her pet project will not be funded by government unlike what was obtainable during the regimes of past head of states.

guy use ur head! Where will the fund come from, if not from the Govt.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by handie(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
amazingspiderma:

Stop diverting from facts.The report said that PMB had not kept to his word concerning the office of the First Lady as promised.
And suddenly you are now telling us how every wife of a president and governor should support her husband"in a complementry role".
I must commend your PR skill,but you have made no point at all.All you did was to refer to Pateint Jonathan so as to your trigger your emotional sensation and those of your of guillible followers who blindly gave you likes.
You didn't look forward,you had to look back just six years ago for reference,what about 16 years ago. That my friend is sentimental.
In as much as you have always accused PEJ with your mouth of abuse of power,you cannot within your conscience say that previous regime of the first lady did not abuse their offices when they serve along side their husbands.I believe you are old enough to remember them.
One can have sight but can also be emotionally blind.That is exactly what you have demonstarted.
The point is we still have the office of the wife of the president contrary to PMB campaign promise.

The wife of the president has some roles to perform. Or are u trying to tell me all Aisha Buhari should be doing is cook for Mr. President, and come out to snap pictures when the occasion demands? We're in a modern age brother. What Buhari meant was, a situation where the office was being run like a constitutionally recognized office will be no more tolerated
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
Jesus! This is ridiculous... When we were saying that Buhari and APC were being hypocritical, some people called us alarmists and wailers. A man that vehemently kicked against the First Lady's office is the same man whose wife operates the office but with different title. I am happy that Punch has spoken out!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by amazingspiderma: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
handie:
The wife of the president has some roles to perform. Or are u trying to tell me all Aisha Buhari should be doing is cook for Mr. President, and come out to snap pictures when the occasion demands? We're in a modern age brother. What Buhari meant was, a situation where the office was being run like a constitutionally recognized office will be no more tolerated
I have a question for you.

Are you PMB's campaign promise interpreter
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by handie(m): 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
amazingspiderma:
I have a question for you.

Are you PMB's campaign promise interpreter
This is not a answer to my question
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by limamintruth: 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ozin:
Bloody hypocrites

You can say that again bro. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by DJAmyluv: 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
seunmsg:
No big deal here. The press should let her be. Which office did they expect her to operate from before? What matters is that the activities of the office and her pet project will not be funded by government unlike what was obtainable during the regimes of past head of states.
and you know her pet projects won't be funded by govt, how? See my dear hypocrisy is a disease!
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Gondonu: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Don't tell me you can't differentiate between the "official" title of "First Lady" which the president promised not to allow to function such that Nigeria money is used to fund it AND Aisha operating her pet projects as the wife of the president from same office Mama Piss used.

Aisha has said it severally that she will have pet projects to be funded by NGO's and other corporate bodies. Do you then expect her to come use your office or house?

This is the crux of the matter. A situation where Pepe practically became the president while Jona was made redundant and helpless was what Nigeria condemned. After all, she was not the first person to be called "First Lady".
Bullshit! There goes another hypocritic agent of the scam "change".
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Gondonu: 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:
Jesus! This is ridiculous... When we were saying that Buhari and APC were being hypocritical, some people called us alarmists and wailers. A man that vehemently kicked against the First Lady's office is the same man whose wife operates the office but with different title. I am happy that Punch has spoken out!
Guess we can all see where we all find ourselves as a country- in the hands of damned scammers? How one wish this party will do things differently.Guy you remember the pigs in "Animal Farm" by George Orwell?
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:

It is pathetic if you don't know the difference between Office of the First Lady, a position and First Lady's Office, a physical structure. I don't give you much respect on matters of honour and principles but I didn't know that you've sank this low on all dimensions.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
That gworo chewing ape told us such would not exist.....
Apc are the greatest scammers ever.. .
Buhari can't fool us.....
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
kITATITA:
Wife of the President performs nominal and ceremonial roles in other countries of the world. What's repugnant like we had in the last administration is budgetary allocation to an office not recognized by law. Are we going to lock her up in her bedroom because her husband won an election?

So where is the funding for Aisha's activities so far coming from? From her personal bank account? Who is paying her aides? She personally handles that too?
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Don't tell me you can't differentiate between the "official" title of "First Lady" which the president promised not to allow to function such that Nigeria money is used to fund it AND Aisha operating her pet projects as the wife of the president from same office Mama Piss used.

Aisha has said it severally that she will have pet projects to be funded by NGO's and other corporate bodies. Do you then expect her to come use your office or house?

This is the crux of the matter. A situation where Pepe practically became the president while Jona was made redundant and helpless was what Nigeria condemned. After all, she was not the first person to be called "First Lady".

She already had numerous aides, despite not starting any Pet project yet. Who is in charge of paying her aides' salaries?
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by major466(m): 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
Well, what can I say? Nigerians have been scammed!
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by musa1980yahoo(m): 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
IdiAmin1:
When hypocrites are in control, nothing surprises persons like me.

First it was to seek foreign help in fighting terrorism, an act they previously condemned and now this.

Next will be calling boko boys our brothers just like Gej did which they saw as weakness on his part. I mean, what does negotiating and granting amnesty to terrorists mean if not calling them your brothers.

Silly and "great grand" clueless people undecided

You people misunderstand what he mean by no first lady office. Being that she move to that office does not mean she will arrogantly use that office the way patience did. She is not going to exercise any political power like patience which in many occasions exercise power morethan the constitutionally recognised cabinet members.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by musa1980yahoo(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
emperorceaser:
That gworo chewing ape told us such would not exist.....
Apc are the greatest scammers ever.. .
Buhari can't fool us.....

You should better understand ceremonial role and constitutional role. What president says is that, the office of first. Lady has no any constitutional responsibility and as such he will allow his wife to engage in unconstitutionally role. But as president wife she can assist her husband by way of ceremonial activities which is what Hajiya Aisha does.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
Yes, I do
Gondonu:
Guess we can all see where we all find ourselves as a country- in the hands of damned scammers? How one wish this party will do things differently.Guy you remember the pigs in "Animal Farm" by George Orwell?
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
musa1980yahoo:

You should better understand ceremonial role and constitutional role. What president says is that, the office of first. Lady has no any constitutional responsibility and as such he will allow his wife to engage in unconstitutionally role. But as president wife she can assist her husband by way of ceremonial activities which is what Hajiya Aisha does.

https://www.naij.com/349866-why-i-wont-have-office-for-first-lady-buhari-reveals.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/there-is-no-office-of-the-first-lady-in-the-nigerian-constitution-a-revisit-of-buhari-claim/

I now wonder if someone takes over an office belonging to the first Lady what do you now take is for...... What..

We ain't fools...
Spits

Anyway u ar Musa and it seems you are sentimental to Buhari’s wife and her office of the first Lady....

U guys should eat it grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Boyooosa(m): 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
As Oyinbo pple de advance in science and technology for positive impact on human race, our leaders are busy here upgrading lies and decptive words... from "Office of the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (OFLFRN)" to "Office of the Wife of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (OWPFRN). See how we use our creativity, turning blue to red, calling a thief, a chief. GMB, just do the needful!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator Isa Zarewa Dumps APC With 300 Aspirants In Kano / #EndSARSMemorial Protest In Abuja In Pictures / Tinubu’s NYSC Certificate Submitted To INEC Has Adekunle — Atiku’s Lawyer, Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.