Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH (35618 Views)

Aisha Buhari Takes A Walk With Her Grand Daughter (Pictured) / EFCC Freezes Bola Shagaya’s N500m Account Over Patience Jonathan's Probe / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by cococandy(f): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Stop insinuating and alleging when you have no evidence.

In the past when there was budget for Office of the First Lady we knew about it and not that we relied on conjectures.

Aisha said it during campaigns and interviews she would engage in some pet projects to be funded by NGO's and some other corporate bodies. Do you really think it will be difficult for her to get NGOs and some companies to fund her projects?

Why must she insist on accepting a title her husband vehemently opposed to exist?

The problems with some Nigerians is that they're so used to abnormalities such that any attempt at correcting them is seen as "hypocrisy" or "pretending". This is what you've displayed here.
Abnormality? Office of the First Lady?

What's abnormal is hypocrite goody two shoes. We know they used patience to campaign. Nigerians of course like passive women. So patience being the assertive type rubbed many people off the wrong way. He keyed in on that and bought some votes by promising to dissolve the office of the First Lady.
Who's the husband to dissolve the role of a First Lady anyway. Tomorrow he will say he doesn't want to be called president but the leader of the country because he just feels like. Like he's the one that laid the foundations of all offices when the county was founded and can dissolve anyone he wishes when it suits him. Tomorrow the next wife of the president will chose a different name for herself and that's how all of them will continue until it's totally trivialized.

It's Look inwards and correct yourself not me.

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by cococandy(f): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Nne, why are we saying the same things using different words?

We must be fraternal twinsgrin
I tire for these people. Make I go sleep cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by PassingShot(m): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Since you raise the issue of constitution, if I may ask...
On what Constitutional Ground does she have a right to use any office she pleases to? What right does she have to even have an office?
Who is she?
She as the president's wife has a right to use any office for her work. The constitution doesn't have to address petty issues as that. Not the same as having projects done through that office budgeted for.

Does our constitution recognise her as " wife of the president?
As far as the constitution is concerned, me and Aisha are on the same level.
It means I have a right to go into Aso Rock and choose the treasury as my working space.
This is too low for you to ask. Going by your reasoning, she is even an illegal occupant in Aso Rock.
This is another example of you TRYING JUST TOO HARD to justify an untenable position.

You say there is no "office" of the first lady, yet you're using her officegrin

Such Irony...
First Lady office/title was made to be seen as official, hence there was budget for it. And by clearly saying her projects will be funded by NGOs and corporate bodies has lessen the need to see that office as an official position.

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by cococandy(f): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Wow! Job of which First Lady? To me, what you call First Lady is Wife of the President here with the difference being that the former is seen as official title even though it's officially wrong while the later is not an official title and not seen as such.

And why can't she have pet projects as the wife of the president? My wife (a nobody by Nigeria's politics) has some "pet projects" (charity) she does.

Again, the difference here is that while such office was funded by our budget in the past, her works will no longer be funded by our budget but her sponsors.

Her sponsors grin

Lmao. Gosh you're not that gullible. You can't be.

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by PassingShot(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2015
cococandy:

Her sponsors grin

Lmao. Gosh you're not that gullible. You can't be.
Please what is funny in saying "her sponsors"? I expected you to understand I meant sponsors of her projects.

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2015
itz okay. let her be. how much be her salary sef. make me sef go occupy "Office Of The Citizen Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by socialmediaman: 7:13am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

What are you saying?
Was Turai not christened "first lady"?

Did she not hold the forte while her husband was away?

The chair PEJ sat on was used by Turai and Stella (of blessed memory), why should Aisha sit there when she has no intention of functioning in their capacity?

Did you read the part where the newspaper said that Aisha has officially dropped the title? It means also that office is no longer an office of the first day, it's now a guest house for the wife of the president, probably. That she uses same building PEJ used doesn't make her officially recognized anymore

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by alexlee50: 7:13am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Don't tell me you can't differentiate between the "official" title of "First Lady" which the president promised not to allow to function such that Nigeria money is used to fund it AND Aisha operating her pet projects as the wife of the president from same office Mama Piss used.

Aisha has said it severally that she will have pet projects to be funded by NGO's and other corporate bodies. Do you then expect her to come use your office or house?

This is the crux of the matter. A situation where Pepe practically became the president while Jona was made redundant and helpless was what Nigeria condemned. After all, she was not the first person to be called "First Lady".
my guy, why una dey reason like this sef? She is the wife of the president and the duty of the wife of the president is to her husband at home.she is not married to nigerians but PMB.Any attempt to revive the office of first lady either by changing it's name to wife of the president falls contrary to the stand of PMB during electoneering campaign and therefore a fraud.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ShowYourCertificate: 7:14am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

You're trying too hard to see something wrong in Aisha occupying the office but you're not answering the key questions.
1. Is the office of First Lady constitutional in our democracy? NO.

2. Should such office be funded through our budget. NO

3. Has Aisha assumed or been addressed as "First Lady"? NO

4. Does she have a right to engage in certain pet projects dear to her heart as the wife of the president? YES

5. Should such projects be funded through our budget? NO

6. Does she have a right as the president's wife to use any office within the Aso Rock Villa for her work? YES.

So, what is/are your issue(s), Miz?
Is the Office of The Wife of the President recognised in our constitution? Now that's the question.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by PassingShot(m): 7:15am On Aug 09, 2015
cococandy:

Abnormality? Office of the First Lady?

What's abnormal is hypocrite goody two shoes. We know they used patience to campaign. Nigerians of course like passive women. So patience being the assertive type rubbed many people off the wrong way. He keyed in on that and bought some votes by promising to dissolve the office of the First Lady.
Who's the husband to dissolve the role of a First Lady anyway. Tomorrow he will say he doesn't want to be called president but the leader of the country because he just feels like. Like he's the one that laid the foundations of all offices when the county was founded and can dissolve anyone he wishes when it suits him. Tomorrow the next wife of the president will chose a different name for herself and that's how all of them will continue until it's totally trivialized.

It's Look inwards and correct yourself not me.
No need to go back and forth. The huge difference here is that there won't be provision for her projects from Nigeria's budget.
Whatever else you hold on to is your right.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by PassingShot(m): 7:17am On Aug 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Is the Office of The Wife of the President recognised in our constitution? Now that's the question.
As I've explained, there is no office of the wife of the president. She is simply to be addressed as the wife of the president which she is by being married to the president.

And as far as we do not provide for her pet projects in our constitution as was done during GEJ, no biggie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by MizMyColi(f): 7:17am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

She as the president's wife has a right to use any office for her work. The constitution doesn't have to address petty issues as that. Not the same as having projects done through that office budgeted for.

This is too low for you to ask. Going by your reasoning, she is even an illegal occupant in Aso Rock.
This is another example of you TRYING JUST TOO HARD to justify an untenable position.

First Lady office/title was made to be seen as official, hence there was budget for it. And by clearly saying her projects will be funded by NGOs and corporate bodies has lessen the need to see that office as an official position.

You can swerve with your emotional blackmail PShot.

You were the one who brought up the constitution this, constitution that?

Again, I ask, what is her constitutional right as a president's wife?
What sets her apart from other citizens.

The Aso Rock is funded by our collective wealth, if she chooses any office, I hope she will pay rent and maintenance fees?

Take it or leave it, Aisha is Nigeria's first lady, what she chooses to make of her rather conspicuous but unconstitutional office is up to her.

I'm going back to sleep.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by cococandy(f): 7:18am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Please what is funny in saying "her sponsors"? I expected you to understand I meant sponsors of her projects.

I know. The sponsors who will use their personal money to give the presidents wife to run her pet projects just because they have excess or maybe because they get political favors, oil wells, and or appointments from them?
Also having no official budget doesn't tell you money can flow in and out if there without being tracked because it's all under the radar.

These couple are obviously saints and can do no wrong.

Unu weldone.

8 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by alabiyemmy(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2015
eleko1:
cool A woman place is no longer in the kitchen.She can't operate from the kitchen/bedroom.That PMB cancelled the office of the first lady doesn't mean she shouldn't go there.

To do what? To cook? Double talk!
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ZUBY77(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Take it easy bro. Buhari is the C-in-C and he will continue to be for the next 8 years. Your wailing won't Change anything.

Toad brain. Animal
This mentality is what keeps you to the ground.
Your country is on the ground floor of development and all you care is who rules.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by PassingShot(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2015
alexlee50:
my guy, why una dey reason like this sef? She is the wife of the president and the duty of the wife of the president is to her husband at home.she is not married to nigerians but PMB.Any attempt to revive the office of first lady either by changing it's name to wife of the president falls contrary to the stand of PMB during electoneering campaign and therefore a fraud.
You must understand that she has a right to have pet projects. As far as such projects are not financed by our budgets, no issues. The issue was spending huge sum on First Lady's office as if it were officially recognized in our constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by buoye1(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2015
PDP & APC goons, your foolish arguments here is getting boring everyday!

Rubbish! This guys are enjoying their sorry lives you guys are here making fool of one another
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by MizMyColi(f): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2015
socialmediaman:

Did you read the part where the newspaper said that Aisha has officially dropped the title? It means also that office is no longer an office of the first day, it's now a guest house for the wife of the president, probably. That she uses same building PEJ used doesn't make her officially recognized anymore

MizMyColi:

If truly, Mr Buhari despises the office of the first lady, and so does his wife, then they should not be seen holding on to any relic or vestiges from the supposedly abandoned office of the first lady.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by ShowYourCertificate: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

As I've explained, there is no office of the wife of the president. She is simply to be addressed as the wife of the president which she is by being married to the president.

And as far as we do not provide for her pet projects in our constitution as was done during GEJ, no biggie.
Why don't her "sponsors" rent an apartment for her or build a structure close to the villa? Why should she use an office that was built and furnished with tax payers money?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 7:22am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

If truly, Mr Buhari despises the office of the first lady, and so does his wife, then they should not be seen holding on to any relic or vestiges from the supposedly abandoned office of the first lady.

i hate APC because of their hypocricy

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by cococandy(f): 7:22am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

No need to go back and forth. The huge difference here is that there won't be provision for her projects from Nigeria's budget.
Whatever else you hold on to is your right.
good for you if you believe that.

Have you asked your saint buhari what's been happening to accountability since he got sworn in and has been running the govt. by himself in all the ministries? GEJ would have been crucified and buried since if he was the one.

Private money indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by alabiyemmy(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2015
socialmediaman:

Hahaha. Try to reason with your brain. Guest House indeed.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by godoluwa(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2015
eleko1:
cool A woman place is no longer in the kitchen.She can't operate from the kitchen/bedroom.That PMB cancelled the office of the first lady doesn't mean she shouldn't go there.
why do you always sounds fooolish? read your post to have better understanding
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Atlantian: 7:23am On Aug 09, 2015
Only if we were told that 'change' will only be 'metamorphosis of nomenclature'; as far as I am concerned,"Office of First Lady" is exactly "Office of Wife of President" and "APC" is the same bloody "PDP" less Jonathanians.

We are a doomed nation, this is what happens when a people do not finance Educational Sector. Lecturers are busy raping our daughters and sisters. SW patriots are busy eating snakes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Nsalihu: 7:24am On Aug 09, 2015
Where do u want her to operate from ,that is her office and she is free to operate from there.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by Miner13: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2015
“The Office of the First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them,” Buhari had said.
let him "MR PRESIDENT" start the fight against corruption by standing on his words or he's just as them

Investigations by our correspondent have, however, showed that apart from the nomenclature, nothing significant has changed.

continuation of this will mean APC is just a change of name from PDP

Mrs. Buhari and her handlers operate from the First Lady’s office used by her predecessors, it was learnt.

from personal or federation account MR PRESIDENT start your probe from here

Her office, like it was under her predecessors, houses her staff members, including personal aides, security details and protocol officials, among others
financed by who

9ja I hail thee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by godoluwa(m): 7:26am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

who will be sponsoring those project? why must president wife have an office? is there anything like first lady election? is she an elected officer?
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by anonimi: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2015
And so goes the PROMISE of change for better to REDUCE cost of governance, not so

We have been SCAMMED!

What a bunch of holier-than-thou PRETENDERS shocked

Before the election =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2220352_akara_jpege7e4b152d5c64a630a074eac0d55acc4

Then AFTER the election has been won =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2561955_madam_jpeg15b745b8c7ed5d6f4fc33db5b762e715

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2643548_img20150718154741_jpeg0964675e67e3a2107c59222557f17961

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/rfpz2aiih02arcv4l0q6myapvub3qyub1364484[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by socialmediaman: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well you probably want her to be in the kitchen (hope you're in the kitchen as well) grin while I want her to attend to her private business responsibly knowing she can achieve more on her own, we're both right, okay? She's not gonna interfere with what goes on inside the presidency concerning her husband's office.
Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by godoluwa(m): 7:28am On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

look here boy, you are not making any sense

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH by socialmediaman: 7:29am On Aug 09, 2015
alabiyemmy:

Hahaha. Try to reason with your brain. Guest House indeed.

No we go give the building to your wife Taaaaaaaaar comot there grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governors Forum Gave A Card To Buhari (Photos) / We'll Kill 20 For Each Police Life Lost During Elections-AIG Mbu / #EndSARSMemorial Protest In Abuja In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.