Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) (1154 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Look To Miss Nigeria Beauty Pageant 2017 / Rachel Oniga: I Don't Party With My Colleagues Because I Do Not Want Trouble" / Sophia Momodu's Look To Miss Nigeria Pageant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) by kolinton1: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2015
Sports are generally known to be an interesting and exciting to watch, but sometimes it comes with it’s hazards which turns it to something that brings pains and horror. Here are just 5 of some of the most gruesome injuries in the world of sports. Please do enjoy.

(1) Kevin Ware

The reactions from his teammates show the gruesomeness of this injury to a tee. When it happened, I had no clue why everyone was losing their minds, then came the replay. Ouch.

On March 31, 2013, in the first half of an Elite Eight game against Duke, Ware landed awkwardly after attempting to block a three-point shot attempt by Duke guard Tyler Thornton and suffered a compound

fracture to his right leg which protruded several inches out of his shin. Players and coaches on both teams were visibly shaken at the sight of the injury. While lying on the floor of the court, Ware

repeatedly said, “I’m fine, just win the game.” After being tended to courtside for several minutes, Ware was carried off on a stretcher and was taken by ambulance to Methodist Hospital of Indianapolis. Surgeons inserted a rod into his tibia in a two-hour operation. In a performance the players dedicated to Ware, Louisville beat Duke 85–63. As the game concluded, Louisville forward Chane Behanan wore Ware’s jersey in a show of solidarity for his teammate.

Many NBA players showed their support for Ware and shared their sympathies through Twitter, including LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, and Kevin Durant. Former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann and the Louisville Cardinals former running back Michael Bush, who both have gone through the same kind of injury, called to give their support. Ware traveled with the team to the Final Four in Atlanta, where he sat alongside his teammates as they won the national championship.

CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE LIST[url][/url] http://www.nairaroot.com/5-sports-injuries-that-you-will-not-want-to-miss-warning-graphic-contents/#.VcbsrMiL3IU

Re: Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) by sluk(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2015
Jesu!!!
Re: Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) by bewla(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2015
d
Re: Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) by jamesharryson(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) by 48noble(m): 7:16am On Aug 09, 2015
Sticky boots...
Re: Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) by therealdeal10: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2015
Mehn dis is terrible
I wuldn't wnt dis 2 hapn 2 any sport athlete
Re: Top 5 Sports Injuries That You Will Not Want To Miss. (warning Graphic Contents) by juloghosa: 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
Chai! Dis must be very painful

(1) (Reply)

Miley Cyrus Blasted By Parents’ Group For Bad Dressing & Drugs Celebration-pics / Hilarious!!! 8 movie Tattoos Of Top World Celebrities that weren't actually fake / Video:- MADNESS! Seven Year Old Boy Bonds With Killer Giant Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.