Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer (39583 Views)

As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by ekenzify(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
One very vital way to overcome temptation is POSITIVE USAGE OF THE MIND. Proverbs 4:23 (TEV) says " Be careful how you think; your life is sharpened by your thoughts "
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by SimpleVili: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
To avoid temptation, just avoid temptation!

Place your orders for long-lasting solar power banks. See my signature.
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
oluface:
In Islam, One Statement cover all these.

Lahila Ilalah.

( The Greatest Word that can move any mountain , The word that makes Devil Tremble)

No sin is greater than that word.

I can authoritatively tell you that even if your sin is as much as the whole the sand of the whole wide world , God with forgive them

Thats why you people kill without pity... Slaughtering humans like animal because of this false belief

1 Like

Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by aku626(m): 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
Flee from every form of evil.

1 Like

Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Youpele52: 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
Sound easier on writing

16. African countries with the most millionaire

https://www.nairaland.com/2513097/africas-millionaire-explosion-16-countries
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Spybradd: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
oluface:

Lahila Ilalah.

( The Greatest Word that can move any mountain , The word that makes Devil Tremble)

I can authoritatively tell you that even if your sin is as much as the whole the sand of the whole wide world , God with forgive them

thats why theres a number 8...
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Kennedyiheme: 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
People decieving themselves, one thing you don't knw is there are somethings tht are meant to happen, wht is the "temptation" you are talkin about? Having sex becos you are a matured being is temptation? U need help, y'all cry from now till tommorw, most of u are hypocrites, tell me with all this temptation ish op is shoutin abt, how much has it made you?
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
sleekch1c:

The Lord rebukes you Satan!!
I dodge it
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Adesiji77: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
jaymejate:
11 GO TO MFM FOR PRAYER, DEEPER LIFE FOR BIBLE STUDY

12 CHRIST EMBASSY. OMO THE BABES THERE NA TEMPTATION THEMSELVES. PRAY SHAA

This one na "specialization" cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Adesiji77: 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
oluface:

Lahila Ilalah.

shocked

So, no consequences at all?
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by miracle4(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
People decieving themselves, one thing you don't knw is there are somethings tht are meant to happen, wht is the "temptation" you are talkin about? Having sex becos you are a matured being is temptation? U need help, y'all cry from now till tommorw, most of u are hypocrites, tell me with all this temptation ish op is shoutin abt, how much has it made you?
By grace are ye saved! Not of works, lest any man should boasts. As a believer, building up treasures in heaven is worth more than millions here on earth
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by shammahyaro(f): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
oluface:

Lahila Ilalah.

I laff in chinese....nw temme wen eva dat so called word has been used 2 cast out demons eh??......Bro..shout jesus and see wonders....Funny people will come and strt sprewing rubbish.....see there is no power in anyword of islam..i can beat my chest on that,except the killing part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by izutex007(m): 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
realest247:
My Brother, Lets not deceive ourselves. Many of us follow this but we still fall. That's why there is forgiveness. God Help Us wink

its one tin to fall... Its anoda to fall deliberately (wt the hope d@ God wl forgv u)
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by BodePolScience: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
vheMa:
My own is that "Don't click on my siggy,to avoid self destruction"
I think I fell for this.(though signature is just NL homepage). So, I will say be cool and calm. Don't be curious, for curiosity kills the cat. Also, avoid all appearances of evil.

Note: Most of her topics is about sexuality. #flee from every appearances of evil#
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Rapuru14: 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
Good!
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Kereokwu(f): 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
Lord Jesus I need all of you now to overcome, the burden is just too heavy. Lord I need your interventions.
Pls brethren I need your prayers.
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by bummyla(m): 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thank You Jesus! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by saintalive(m): 6:37am On Aug 10, 2015
Brother you are very much on points please keep it up and God bless you Amen
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Opengates(m): 7:43am On Aug 10, 2015
oluface:

Lahila Ilalah.

I can authoritatively tell you that even if your sin is as much as the whole the sand of the whole wide world , God will forgive them

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I implore you to surrender your life to Jesus Christ now. You need Him more than anything else in this your state. He will deliver you from the power of that sin(you know it) that has held you captive and He will also deliver you from the bondage of abounding sins, save your soul from perdition and give you the gift of eternal life.

God bless as you do so.

Shalom grin grin grin
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Shwarz: 7:46am On Aug 10, 2015
Wont lie, i needed this.Battling some serious temptations presently. Thank you very much op...
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Shwarz: 7:59am On Aug 10, 2015
And many of you Christians hatefully and violently replying the Muslim dude who talked according to what he understands are the reason why this world has come to this(apart from Gods biblical prophecy of course), and you have all failed. Your job isn't to hate but to transform the ignorant and win their souls by teaching and making them understand. How will you win someone's soul if all they see in you are hatred, outright judgement and self righteousness... Jesus said would there still remain any faith by the time of his second coming.... #WisdomIsKey
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by golden195(m): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
One of the most of the most important factor to overcoming the temptation is the HELP OF THE HOLYGHOST. THE HOLYSPIRIT, IS OUR HELPER, HE IS DWELLING INSIDE OF US jn14:17... SO ALWAYS TALK TO HIM CONCERNING THE ISSUE OF CONCERN, BECAUSE IF U FAIL TO TAKE DOWN THAT SIN, THE SIN IS READY TO TAKE U DOWN AND BEFORE U REALIZE, U WILL FEEL TOO DOWN (EXCEPT WITH GRACE) TO GET UP.
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by hollandeez(m): 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1corinthians 6 vs 9-11
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by mrZENographer: 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
Switch off the t.v. If it must be on put it to christian channel where u hear God's word.
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
memeluv:
you are funny sha
grin
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Damsman10(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2015
realest247:
My Brother, Lets not deceive ourselves. Many of us follow this but we still fall. That's why there is forgiveness. God Help Us wink

otunsman:
No matter how you follow these commandments, if you go christ embassy you go fall for the temptation. Na fanfare dey that church.

that is the essence of the spirit of God, n dat is d reason y you should be scared of ur sins, at times people tear themselves with blade so as not 2 sin anymore but there still sin because they are slaves to sin and d devil,u must understand;
THAT YOU CAN'T FIGHT THIS BATTLE ON YOUR OWN, sincerely ask God to forgive and save you from the bondage of ur sins n He would.
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Damsman10(m): 7:59am On Aug 11, 2015
Kereokwu:
Lord Jesus I need all of you now to overcome, the burden is just too heavy. Lord I need your interventions.
Pls brethren I need your prayers.

brethren, Jesus already answered u a long time ago, he says;
"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light".
Matthew 11:29-30

I dnt even nid u 2 tell me wat issue u r faced with b4 I no it is in d world, you nid 2 seek first d kingdom of God n his righteousness and these things shall be added unto you-Matthew 6:33

you nid 2 drop ur burden n yoke because it is has been bound 2 b heavy along side the flesh, but instead carry the Lord's yoke and burden which is light n work in d spirit n u will blossom, God bless you.
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by Israel5(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
10. Avoid solitary confinement expt Quiet time with God.
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by whitecloth: 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
No 9.
Avoid unnecessary argument; I've been into this numerous times, and I regret it. I pray God will continue to help me.
kudos to you Sir.
Re: 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer by PRINCESSO2: 2:04am On Nov 01, 2015
John 3-16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Romans-
8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14-6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 1-1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Romans 10-8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
So,we shall be saved,right.However,Satan is still trying to steal our salvation.

The bible says- Hebrews 10-26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

So we need to stop willfully sinning,if we want to enter heaven.But Satan brings all sorts of temptation to us like anger and pride and lust,greed etc.
Our enemy is Satan and his demons,make no mistake.Other humans are not the real enemies in the race for eternal life.
Ephesians 6-
10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
Romans 8-
13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
James 4-
7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 10Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

And 1 Peter 5-
8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
2 Corinthians-
11Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

We can pray against temptation-

Luke 11-2And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

3Give us day by day our daily bread.

4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

And Jesus also prayed for Simon Peter against temptation

Luke 22-31And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

James1-
12Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

So,how do we resist temptation -Just like Jesus did,we Quote the word against it

I st Samuel 2:9-He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

Psalm 199:11-Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

John17:17-Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Christ is coming.and he comes for a pure church.
Ephesians 5-
25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Romans 8-
13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

So,how do we resist temptation-
James 4-7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.
Ephesians 6:17-

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:

12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are Unclad and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do

What did Jesus do when he went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
He spoke the word of God.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Word of God can help us stop sinning.

Romans 6:23-23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 10: 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
I too struggled with sexual immorality until one day the temptation came and I think I said (I must have received help from the Lord)- THE SEXUALLY IMMORAL SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
The temptation eased up. And i thought the word of God can help the homosexuals or other sinners too.They can say when tempted

1 Corinthians 6-9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God when temptation comes,you need the word of God.

For pride-James 4:6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Also-
Matthew 23:12-
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

For fear-2 Timothy 1- 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

For Sexual immorality -18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

And for those who feel guilty -
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And for behaviour-
1 Peter 5:8-Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
If you come under attack-
Romans 8-
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And when you you ask God for something-

John 14-
13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

And if you doubt after asking-
Luke 17-
6And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Matthew 17:20-

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

And if you lack confidence-

Philippians 4-
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Matthew 22-
36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Hebrews 3:15-While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

For rebellion-I Samuel 15:23-For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry

Or
I Samuel 15:22-And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Anger-
James 1-
19Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

And to be a doer of the Word-

22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

And for Greed-
Matthew 6:24-
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

And for the slothful-
Proverbs 22-
29Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men

Or

Romans 12-11Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

For Gluttony-
Philippians 4:5-

5Let your moderation be known unto all men.
And for over eating-
Matthew 4:4-
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

I Corinthians 6:13-

Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

And for envy and strife-
James 3-
14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. 16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Pastor Said I Was A Witch Because Of My Big Eyeballs During Deliverance - Lady / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Prophetess Nonnie Roberson Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.