Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations (25028 Views)

Lekan Fatodu Leads Anti-Fake News Protesters To Sahara Reporters Office (Photos) / Obiano's Reply To Sahara Reporter On Vegetable Export / "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by RollingStones(m): 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
Omenka tinubu said you should GO AND DIE.
Saraki enjoy the heat while in the kitchen.
Tinubu Oshiomole said you should GO AND DIE.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by egift(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
Saraki can argue till tomorrow, but the fact remain he was never sincere in filling his for with INEC. He deliberately omitted and misrepresented the details surrounding his birth.

Unless he is saying the form showed by SR is fake, the he should shut the hell up.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by osimataylor(m): 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
I dey laff.You people rode on the back of SR(tiger)to undo other people now SR (tiger) has began its devouring process.this is just the begining.But I have a feeling the downfall of SR is near.
vitaminA:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153562507854962&id=53942489961&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6180995146458083982%3Amf_story_key.387647998345556571%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by jimi4us: 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
wachakuta:
Place of Biirth nko? U no talk about that one?
mumuu millions of Nigerians were born abroad. that doesn't mean they are not Nigerians. village touts always think they've got talk. poverty thwarts

1 Like

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by osimataylor(m): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
Not really.Remember what they wrote against tinubu when he made move to run as Buhari's running mate.He even threatened to sue them .S R go for the highest pay master.
Mogidi:
Saharareporters also known as Tinubureporters, abeg bone dem ja re.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Akainzo(m): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Since it's not unconstitutional for a person born outside Nigeria to contest an electoral office, you're just ranting.

Why not sue him for perjury? What are you still waiting for?

Truly, he is a Nigerian Citizen by birth as he was born to parents that are Nigerian Citizens by 1960.. However, his failure to answer Question 10 is deliberate as the ONLY way he can then be able to contest is IF he was born in the UK.

Now if he wasn't born in the UK, then he necessarily only acquired that citizenship by other means other than by birth and thus not protected under Section 28.

Soon, he will have to make public his birth certificate for all this to go away. Remember, Obama couldn't live his own down too, and had to publish!

Whether you like them or despise them, SR is definitely helping to advance our democracy.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by 4Play(m): 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
Akainzo:

Truly, he is a Nigerian Citizen by birth as he was born to parents that are Nigerian Citizens by 1960.. However, his failure to answer Question 10 is deliberate as the ONLY way he can then be able to contest is IF he was born in the UK.
Now if he wasn't born in the UK, then he necessarily only acquired that citizenship by other means other than by birth and thus not protected under Section 28.
Soon, he will have to make public his birth certificate for all this to go away. Remember, Obama couldn't live his own down too, and had to publish!
Whether you like them or despise them, SR is definitely helping to advance our democracy.

Didn't the Sahara Reporter's article display a birth certificate that showed he was born in the UK?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by BraniacX(m): 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
wachakuta:

No vex!! E be like say you no sabi read undecided
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by 4Play(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
Below is an excerpt from the Sahara Reporters article:

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/06/nigerias-senate-president-saraki-lied-his-official-election-forms

As first exposed by SaharaReporters, Mr. Saraki’s passport clearly indicates that he holds citizenship of United Kingdom. Perhaps on account of this, Mr. Saraki left blank Question 10, on whether the prospective candidate has “made a declaration of allegiance to any other country.”

Mr. Saraki’s answers to these questions indicate that he is concealing the fact that he is a bonafide citizen of the United Kingdom. Knowing that it would hurt his political ambitions, he deliberately concealed the fact that he has changed the profile of his nationality in the past.

On the forms, Mr. Saraki also completely evaded question 12, which asked the candidate to specify his place of birth. Rather than declare his place of birth to be Hampstead North, of the Metropolitan Bourough of Hampstead in the United Kingdom, Mr. Saraki craftily repeated his date of birth: 19-12-1962. For some reason, INEC did not invalidate the form as it should have.

When I first saw it, I instantly recognised it as the typical Naija shoddy journalism which relies on the ignorance of the readership to convey a false impression. The substance of the article is the impression that Saraki has acquired UK citizenship and in the process of acquisition, had to undertake the obligatory pledge of allegiance. What SR willfully or inadvertently missed is that UK citizenship was conferred automatically upon birth in the UK up until the early 1980s. Saraki was both a Nigerian and a British citizen at birth and did not require to pledge allegiance.

Even if SR did not realise their errors at the time of publication, it would have dawned on them now. Yet, you could be rest assured they would not acknowledge the utter mendacity embodied in the article. Being misleading is their business model.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by adaweezy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
arsenal33:
Saraki has not said SR lied. He is only saying he was right to avoid answering some questions. Smart guy

I agree he is just being clever by half
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by doncaster(m): 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
omenka:
Utter rubbish.

Let me repeat:

This statement is nothing but complete bullucks.

Did Saraki write a date of Birth in a column meant for place of birth?? ____ Yes.

Is Saraki Blind or an literate not to know the difference between Place and date of birth?? ____ No.

Was Saraki drunk when filling the form?? ____ Unlikely.

Is Saraki a citizen of the UK?? ____ Yes.

Did Saraki lie in the form on the question of whether he holds citizenship of another country?? ____ Yes.

Whether the motive is genuine or not, Saraki committed a crime of perjury and must be held accountable, period. No amount of paid hacks or media aides spamming the web with inane epistles would change that.
In this PMB's inec form,

Is his surname Buhari Mohammdu.....No

Does he not have first name?...........No

Was PMB drunk when filling the form.....Probably not

Did PMB lie on the form? .....................Yes

Whether the motive is genuine or not, PMB committed a crime of perjury and must be held accountable, period. No amount of paid hacks or media aides spamming the web with inane epistles would change that.(your quote I just changed the name)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Bollove: 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
Dharniel:
just imagine, these desert reporters are very good at what they do; putting blemish on peoples reputation.
One day go be one day when Sahara reporters cup would be full.
From Mugabe to Bukola .... Nobody is untouchable in this world
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Bollove: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
superior1:
He has not explain why he was silent about his UK citizenship while filling INEC form
Fellow Nigerian , you don't really need to display ur ignorant on a public media
He has no obligation to fill his UK citizen in the form because he didn't acquired the citizenship, He had it by birth !!!

and you should have read the sections of the constitution that absolve Saraki from Sahara Reporters Media Propaganda

1 Like

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Bollove: 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
iretiland:
Saraki is a traitor and no sensible person should be fooled by his diversionary tactics. This is a man who instead of supplying the correct answer to a question on his INEC form about his birth, chose to write the date of his birth twice. Did Saharareporters also forged his INEC form? Traitor Saraki used the help of PDP to stab his party at the back because of his own ambition. No matter how much he try to discredit Saharareporters, he remains a man with unclean hands with the way he and his-corrupt elements destroyed a bank at the expense of the bank's depositors. Saraki who doesn't want to accept party leaders doctation remains the unchallengeable maximum dictator/ruler of Kwara state even after defrauding the same state for 8years. God has decided to work for Nigeria because of the prayers of his people and Saraki and his ilks cannot stop the work. If they refuse to get out of the way, then God, who is BIGGER than their babalawo will destroy them together. Let's wait and see. By the way I'm no supporter of APC or any party. If APC decides not to be a tool in God's hand to do the needful, they will be kicked out. The God of father Mbaka is watching.
You would have made alot of sense if you never tagged Saraki a traitor and backstabber !!!
You are not political savvy and you should be one of those backward Nigerians who are ignorant of the provision of the Constitution regarding their rights and privileges as a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria !!!

Saraki is not you, Mr FoolishMan !!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by modhream: 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
omenka:
Utter rubbish.

Let me repeat:

This statement is nothing but complete bullucks.

Did Saraki write a date of Birth in a column meant for place of birth?? ____ Yes.

Is Saraki Blind or an literate not to know the difference between Place and date of birth?? ____ No.

Was Saraki drunk when filling the form?? ____ Unlikely.

Is Saraki a citizen of the UK?? ____ Yes.

Did Saraki lie in the form on the question of whether he holds citizenship of another country?? ____ Yes.

Whether the motive is genuine or not, Saraki committed a crime of perjury and must be held accountable, period. No amount of paid hacks or media aides spamming the web with inane epistles would change that.
Idiot.
He was asked if he had "voluntarily acquired" citizenship of another country,not whether he holds citizenship of another country.I know English is not your first language,but that shouldn't be too hard for even you to understand.
When exactly are you going to get sense,commonsense?
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by collinsVP: 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
i read half of your thread and i was like- am i sure mbaka is not on NL? then i saw your conclusion where you mentioned him.

please has he made a coment on saraki scandal? Am in lagos for a while now. thanks
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Bollove: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
elookoo:
And Saraki took the bait

from now on SR will bash Saraki from left right and centre , he should have just ignored them
He has to reply because propaganda usually lead to truth if the victim doesn't refute the claims !!!

Remember Nasir el rufai is also in court now for some junk journalists in one unpopular newspaper claiming he owned assets worth billions in choice places ......

Nigeria Journalists are so lazy, they will sit within the confines of their homes writing rubbish just to make their new media stay popular or become popular !!
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by modhream: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Akainzo:

Did you even read the Op where he clearly pointed out provisions of S.28 and those it apply to,as few of us has been doing on various threads here on nl?.Even the relevant pages of Ogbeide v Osula,where the Court of Appeal clearly n rightfully interpreted that a citizen by birth can never forfeit it even if he swears allegiance to the moon colony?.Or is it just that your education is deficient and you lack comprehension skills?
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Bollove: 9:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
osimataylor:
Not really.Remember what they wrote against tinubu when he made move to run as Buhari's running mate.He even threatened to sue them .S R go for the highest pay master.
They usually do that just to remain popular. Useless news media !!!
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Bollove: 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
modhream:

Did you even read the Op where he clearly pointed out provisions of S.28 and those it apply to,as few of us has been doing on various threads here on nl?.Even the relevant pages of Ogbeide v Osula,where the Court of Appeal clearly n rightfully interpreted that a citizen by birth can never forfeit it even if he swears allegiance to the moon colony?.Or is it just that your education is deficient and you lack comprehension skills?
You said it all ..... his education is simply deficient...... welcome to Nairaland !!!
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Akainzo(m): 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
modhream:

It is clearly You that lacked comprehension skills. The essence of Section 28 is not that you lose your citizenship, but that by Section 66 you cannot hold elective office by virtue of having pledged allegiance to another country.

So once it is proven that Saraki's UK's citizenship is by birth, then he did not voluntarily pledge allegiance to another country and thus he would be protected by Section 28. That is why I wrote that the crux is "IF he was born in the UK."

I hope I have enlightened you a little.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by poseidon12: 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
wachakuta:

That is irrelevant. No matter his place of birth, he is still a Nigerian because his parents are Nigerians.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
DZ guy came out after a week or so to put up dz watery and evasive rebuttal. Y did he put DOB for place of birth? Y not explain all d anomalies in the inec form u filled. How do I bliv dt d passport z fake when u didn't show us a copy of d original. How do explain d difference in d complement of names on birth cerficate and what u bear now. DZ guy z a crook of d highest order. No serious evidence to doubt Sahara expose so far
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by rottennaija(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
wachakuta:

That still doesn't answer the question Sahara reporter asked on why he deliberately conceal information that was asked in the paper.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by engrlarex(m): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
but excuse me sir, uve not answered the question, why didn't u filled ur place of birth on d forms...and dose quoting Sahara Reporters shld explain the reports Sahara Reporters published that it's not true or that has never been true.

#Oloshoelection
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by modhream: 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
Akainzo:

It is clearly You that lacked comprehension skills. The essence of Section 28 is not that you lose your citizenship, but that by Section 66 you cannot hold elective office by virtue of having pledged allegiance to another country.

So once it is proven that Saraki's UK's citizenship is by birth, then he did not voluntarily pledge allegiance to another country and thus he would be protected by Section 28. That is why I wrote that the crux is "IF he was born in the UK."

I hope I have enlightened you a little.
Heavenly days!
Did you eat oil or is this just how your teeth are?.
S.66 begins with "Subject to provisions of Section 28 of this Constitution",what don't you understand about that clear-cut language?.Dude,I advise you go ask for a refund of your fees from whatever educational institution churned you out.You clearly are deficient.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by datribune: 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2015
From what I'm reading about SR on dis forum it seems many posters only started following SR during d campaigns. If they patiently study Sahara Reporters & its place in nigerian history they will be pleasantly surprised. Many people do not really know what Sahara Reporters & its founder Omoyele Sowore stand 4. Sowore is one of d greatest nigerian patriots of all time whose life is dedicated to good governance in nigeria. He was one of d leading lights who suffered greatly in d struggle 4 democracy in nigeria & he keeps fighting 4 a better country. SOWORE & SAHARA REPORTERS DO NOT CARE 4 UR APC OR PDP. Their concern is 4 good governance in Nigeria. d reports seem skewed in favour of APC simply because PDP's sins ar more.
Pls realize dis, should Buhari & d APC fail, Sowore & Sahara Reporters will not shield them, they will be d first to criticize them.
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by BERNIMOORE: 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2015
doncaster:
In this PMB's inec form,

Is his surname Buhari Mohammdu.....No

Does he not have first name?...........No

Was PMB drunk when filling the form.....Probably not

Did PMB lie on the form? .....................Yes

Whether the motive is genuine or not, PMB committed a crime of perjury and must be held accountable, period. No amount of paid hacks or media aides spamming the web with inane epistles would change that.(your quote I just changed the name)

they thought that Buharis case has been swept under carpet ha ha haaa grin grin grin grin

Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by daillest: 12:58am On Aug 10, 2015
q
Re: Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations by don4real18(m): 10:50am On Aug 10, 2015
Whether or not you want to admit it or not, SaharaReporters are right... Our constitution states that no person shall be qualified for the Senate or House of reps if according to the provision of section 28 he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria, except in such cases as prescribed by the National assembly, has made a declaration of allegiance to such country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiano, Tinubu, Amosun, Kalu And Akande At SUN Award: Caption The Photo / Sowore Disrupts Godfatherism Politics, Raises N150m From Public Donation For Cam / Femi Fani-Kayode And Precious Chikwendu Loved Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.