Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) (1066 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You / Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
1. Kabul, Afghanistan - No amount of US intervention and troops on the ground has rescued Afghanistan and its capital Kabul, the world’s most dangerous place in our list. Bomb attacks on hotels andembassies are common place with the security forces struggling to restore some semblance of order. The Taliban are gaining ground. When the state’s writ ends 10 kilometres from Kabul today, what will happen in 2014 when the US troops fly out of the country?

2. Mogadishu, Somalia - Until recently, Somalia’s capital Mogadishu was undisputedly the world’s most dangerous city. The UN and embassies had pulled out in the1990s, following the collapse of the last fully functioning government in 1991.Al Qaeda linked militants held sway over much of the cityfrom 2007 until last August when African Union fighters pushed out al-Shabab, ending the daily grind of war.

3. Baghdad, Iraq - After being the world’s most dangerous place for years immediately after the US invasion,Baghdad has calmed down, just a bit. After the withdrawal of military forces from Iraq, Baghdad suffers from a very unstable political climate. Years of bombings and counter bombings have destroyed mostof the city’s infrastructure. Intermittent suicide bombings, random gunfire and roadsidebombs continue to wreak havoc on the hapless citizens of the city by the Tigris.

4. Ciudad Juarez, Mexico - Mexico is a drug haven and the city ofCiudad Juarez is its unofficial capital. Drug traffickers are notoriously violent and do pretty much whatever they want. With police mostly corrupt, Ciudad Juarez is known as one of the most violent places in the world outside of war zones.

5. Abidjan, Ivory Coast - After years of mindless violence between warring factions, security situation in Abidjan has somewhat improved, lately. Thearrest of former president Laurent Gbagbo and ceding of power to duly elected President Alassane Ouattara was the turning point. However, with tension simmering below the surface, Abidjan continues tobe a dangerous place.

6. Sana’a, Yemen - Yemen, especially itscapital Sana’a, is extremely unstable following last year’s uprising against former president Ali Abdullah Saleh. Withal Qaeda`s Yemeni wing and local affiliates having established presencein the region, there has been a string of assassinations of security officials. TheUS and its Gulf alliesbrokered a power transfer that replacedSaleh with his deputy, Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi. He launched a US-backed offensive on Islamists in the south, but situation is still far from normal.

7. Peshawar, Pakistan - The frontier city of Pakistan is one of the most dangerous places in the world. With warlords and tribes fighting for supremacy, the city is very unsafe, especially for foreigners. Suicide bombings and targeted attack on security forces beingthe norm, Peshawar is slowly sinking intothe abyss.

8. Caracas, Venezuela - Venezuelan capital Caracas is a drug trafficking haven. Robbery and petty crimes are commonplace with police having very little say or will to control the situation.

9. Nairobi, Kenya - With al Shabaab militants threatening to launch attacks during the holy month of Ramazan, Kenya, especially Nairobi is tense. Also, incidences of street crime are very high in the city. Night time travel in the city is very unsafe with mugging and looting being a routine affair.

10. Cape Town, South Africa - One of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, Cape Town is also a city that is battling extremely high crime rates. Prone to mugging, it is one of the most unsafe cities at night,especially for women. The high level of crime is attributed to the disparity between socioeconomic classes.
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
chibok, gaza, gwoza, sambisa, e.t.c ain't on the list. the list ain't true...
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by Mogidi: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
No 11 Lagos
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by ladyF(f): 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by witnezHD(m): 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
calabar south nko??
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by Immanueladebol(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
Maiduguri n gwoza nko?
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by pgrex20(m): 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by ramdris(m): 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
11. Borno state..
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by Babe2sure(f): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
I am tempted to include some parts of Nigeria as no 11.
But I will not..
I don't diss my country, mehn! cool
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by simdam500(m): 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
Babe2sure: I am tempted to include some parts of Nigeria as no 11.
But I will not..
I don't diss my country, mehn! cool
you are too sure cheesy
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous City To Live In(no. 10 Will Shock You) by Babe2sure(f): 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
simdam500:
you are too sure cheesy

Yes, you are correct.
I am very sure. smiley

(1) (Reply)

... / Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie / Y

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.