Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries (17084 Views)

SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries / Bayelsa State Governor Slaps His Deputy After He Blamed Him For Unpaid Salaries. / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by chimchim1(m): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Tonniey:
hmmmmm
Its a PDP state. Ode
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by pheyikemi: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
chimchim1:

Its a PDP state. Ode
You needn't call pple names b4 u make ur points clear Chinchin.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by xtervaganza(m): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
lagmostkuit:

See me see wahala oh!

Did I mention anyone's name here?
Bro go clear ur conscience and get off my mentions!
get a life
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by bigerboy200: 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
Lol...PDP heading for colossal loss in d next governorship election in Kogi..
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by tucky200(m): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
lagmostkuit:

U're talking out of point! undecided
Upon say u fine..u still dey tok nonsense
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by xguy(m): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
some people come here and start commenting, Wada is PDP governor which APC Governmt ve not look into.....
Wada-PDP is kill Kogi State. take NOTE
WADA PDP Most 2016
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
U need to visit Kogi State shaa. That place resemble waste land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
tucky200:

Upon say u fine..u still dey tok nonsense
U don see me b4? undecided
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by mathinips(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Not clear...state their ministry or parastatal...cos he hz paid up to July
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by azimibraun: 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eyaa!!!! The Man who gave them that Job in Kogi Travellers is just Months away from becoming Governor again.. I wish they had held on a little longer. May their souls rest in peace. Those were supposedly 9 votes against PDP'S Idris Wada and 9 Prince for Abubakar Audu's votes.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by mathinips(m): 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
Flameboy26:
Wada must Go

then...who should come
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by azimibraun: 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ministry or Parastatal? Those were Kogi Travellers staffs sent on compulsory leave since 2011 under Ibrahim Idris all in the guise that he wanted to restructure the state's transport company... 4yrs after his successor who vowed to get the company back on is seeking re-election without a whole state having a Transport company. meanwhile from RVSTA, IMT, ENTC, AKTC, and all organised transport companies from the East pass through Kogi state in hundreds daily. What a shame.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by mathinips(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
azimibraun:
Eyaa!!!! The Man who gave them that Job in Kogi Travellers is just Months away from becoming Governor again.. I wish they had held on a little longer. May their souls rest in peace. Those were supposedly 9 votes against PDP'S Idris Wada and 9 Prince for Abubakar Audu's votes.

None of them qualify
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by sunkymike(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
I served in that state, in Lokoja last year. That Governor is hated by all. no drop of development in the state capital. so dry. no company, just like 6 banks. Sometimes i wonder if these governors collect money from FG. I used to insult SW governors before until i got to Kogi state. That Wada guy is just wicked. yes that's the best way to describe him.

1 Like

Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by azimibraun: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2015
"None of them qualify". I was thought from College not to make this kind of statement before my statement of "Solution to the problem" I was to name the most qualified before I go on to name those not qualified. It's more modern.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by mathinips(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
azimibraun:
Ministry or Parastatal? Those were Kogi Travellers staffs sent on compulsory leave since 2011 under Ibrahim Idris all in the guise that he wanted to restructure the state's transport company... 4yrs after his successor who vowed to get the company back on is seeking re-election without a whole state having a Transport company. meanwhile from RVSTA, IMT, ENTC, AKTC, and all organised transport companies from the East pass through Kogi state in hundreds daily. What a shame.

Prince Abubakar did worse things to workers. Wada only promise to revive Kogi Traveller but never state categorically that he will call back those dealt with by his predecessor. To me I dont see any thing good in the 2
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by azimibraun: 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
A wicked guy is better than a foolish guy. Wada to me is foolish not wicked. A wicked guy knows the right thing to do but will refuse to do it... A foolish guy has no idea whatsoever of what to do.. so you almost don't expect anything sane and meaningful from him. You will need to first make him sensible before you now battle wickedness out of him.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by tucky200(m): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
lagmostkuit:

U don see me b4? undecided
Yeah..change your way of speech
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by azimibraun: 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
Wada promised to revive but eventually ddnt do it... anybody wll know from this statement what Wada did wrong... Audu did worst things to workers basically does not make any precise sense. Break it down bro..
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by taiwojoe40(m): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
Jehovah jireh is watching..fire burn d wicked..puyaka
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by azimibraun: 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
Between 1999 and 2003 Kogites were everywhere bragging about how fast developing their state was... Beating their chests all around like some king Kongs. between 2003/04 and 2015 Kogites are everywhere ducking their heads low inorther not to be identified as people from Kogi. At one point Kogi was the least developed states after Taraba. Big Big Shame..
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Carmal90(m): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
azimibraun:
A wicked guy is better than a foolish guy. Wada to me is foolish not wicked. A wicked guy knows the right thing to do but will refuse to do it... A foolish guy has no idea whatsoever of what to do.. so you almost don't expect anything sane and meaningful from him. You will need to first make him sensible before you now battle wickedness out of him.
I totally disagree with you on this point you raise, dont you think a foolish guy can be sit down and talk sense to his brain,than a wicked man that knows d right thing but will not do it irrespective of ur discussion with himm, did i make sense or am wailling?
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Mbediogu(m): 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
coolestrogue:
Nine out of the 142 staff placed on compulsory leave without pay since 2011 by the Kogi State Transport Company have lost their lives under hunger-related circumstances.

Two of the deceased’s’ colleagues– Mr Ndakwo Mohammed and Mr Anate Audu– who disclosed this in a statement circulated among media houses in Lokoja on Sunday, said that a number of their colleagues were also in life-threatening situations .

They said that the workers who had put in years of services ranging from 10 years to 23 years, had been facing untold hardship and were now in deteriorating health condition due to lack of money to feed and pay for medical treatment.

“Many of us have been ejected out of our houses and our children chased out of schools due to our inability to pay rents and schools fees,” the statement said.
It explained that all efforts to seek redress through the intervention of the state house of assembly and several letters to the state governor, Capt Idris Wada had proved abortive.

The News Agency of Nigeria ( NAN) recalls that the Kogi State Transport Company had, though a circular dated June 30, 2011 and signed by its General Manager, Mr Augustine Tokula, directed all the 142 members of staff of the company to immediately proceeded on compulsory leave without pay.

The fate of the workers have since then been hanging in the balance as the government has continued to remain silent on the matter.

Both Mohammed and Audu appealed to the state government to take a definite position on their matter, saying that they could no longer live with their present condition.

The workers have also indicated their interest to embark on peaceful protests on major streets of Lokoja, and have written to intimate the State Security Service
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/non-payment-of-salary-9-kogi-workers-die/

Imo State is counting their dead unpaid
civil servants in tens of thousands. Ask Prince
Madumere, and the governor is busy showcasing his bloated abdomen- his only
achievement so far. Mtchew.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by coolestrogue(m): 6:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
Mbediogu:

Imo State is counting their dead unpaid civil servants in tens of thousands. Ask Prince Madumere, and the governor is busy showcasing his bloated abdomen- his only achievement so far. Mtchew.
But BeremX said your governor is not owing a dime.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Fourwinds: 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
coolestrogue:
"G" for what?
for G-Strig. grin
coolestrogue:
"G" for what?
for G-Strig.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by azimibraun: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ok! For purpose of knowledge I will explin it to you.. A guy in your district is seen as "Mumu" another is seen as "Nice/Benevolent" and the third is seen as "Wicked". Being Nice and being wicked are deliberate decisions influenced largely by the ecology. Now a "Mumu" guy ddnt take a deliberate decision to be what he is.. it's mostly a "Natural" trait. Firstly you must get that individual to be a ble to think rightly by himself.. As in transform him to be a normal guy after which he will now decide on his own whether to be "Wicked" or "Nice" Wada at the moment is at the "Mumu" stage. And clearly from your comments on Audu; you sure have placed him in the "wicked" stage. He is no "Mumu" to you but a "Wicked" Man.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Mbediogu(m): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
coolestrogue:

But BeremX said your governor is not owing a dime.

Iam not from Imo neither do I there but it is true. Evergday I send cash to my inlaws at Okigwe who are owed months of unpaid salary. The Catholic Archbishop has warned him recently. Civil servants can ruin him. they are not like traditkonal rulers that he rides lile donkeys.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
Wada, wada, dairis God o sad

1 Like

Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by hmuhammad(m): 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
That's a PDP state
lagmostkuit:
grin grin grin grin grinSounds funny to me!

Why would a "change" government be dis wicked! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by hmuhammad(m): 6:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
Kogi is a PDP state!!!
francizy:
Only in APC states!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Save $10bn From Fuel Importation- Buhari / Niger Delta Creekmen Kick Against Awarding N4bn A Month Oil Contracts To Tompolo / Adeboye Adebayo: No Health Issue Can Stop Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.