Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries (17085 Views)

SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries / Bayelsa State Governor Slaps His Deputy After He Blamed Him For Unpaid Salaries. / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by elujah1(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
luchy34:
Those states that voted for APC are really suffering
It's a PDP led Govt mind u, but his time is up this time if APC fields a more credible candidate
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by adaxxy: 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
anonimi:

Are you sure?

God will punish, your great generation WADA and the spirit of the dead peoplte will not allow you to experience peace,as you dey suffer poor people like you did to Nicon Airway formerly known as EAS AIRWAYS,JIMOH IBRAHIM SAME GOES FOR YOU NA OGUN AND OBATALA GO KILL una if una no pay us our Money.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Samexdx(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
francizy:
Only in APC states!
are you okay?
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Revolva(m): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
Shame to d government
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by davisjoeh(m): 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
lagmostkuit:
grin grin grin grin grinSounds funny to me!

Why would a "change" government be dis wicked! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
oga calm down
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 10, 2015
I always say, depending on your job alone is foolishness.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by MarieSucre(f): 3:59am On Aug 10, 2015
Why're we laughing about this? This is serious. Nigerians are too insensitive to the plight of their fellow humans. What will possess politicians to withold money from people in whose name they have collected.

Nigeria is is cesspit. The rich climbing over the filthy rich while the poor and the dirt poor stay at the bottom and beg for crumbs. Who are the relevant authorities that can be petitioned for recompense? Can the petition be posted here on nairaland as it is done change.org so we can all add our voices till its a roar.

We should not keep quiet each and every time something like this happens.
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by debaj10: 8:37am On Aug 10, 2015
This seems like a clear case where we Nigerians are indicted for laziness and being beggarly.
So let me ask a few questions first.
Please note: Since I don't have the full picture, I'm seeking answers rather than making reactionary statements.

The article said they were suspended 'without pay'.
How is that different from being sacked?
What legal/union/customary forms of redress have they pursued since 2011? After all I expect they feel they were unjustly treated and can both make and win a case if they seek redress.

Is it true that they're ONLY NOW THINKING of going on protest marches- since 2011?!?

If you're suspended without pay why would you still expect your (effectively 'former') employer to come to your aid? Unless they're claiming back pay that they're owed by the state (which doesn't seem to be the case)?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Kogi was part of the food basket of Nigeria? How do people die of hunger when surrounded by farmers, or are they all that heartless and stingy?
Even if the farmers are stingy, why didn't these suspended workers get into farming themselves all these years, along with their children?
Meanwhile I expect those children are post-primary school students (because primary education is free and they therefore can't be chucked from school)- so what have secondary students been doing all these years, for their parents to die of hunger?

Or were the deaths due mainly to health reasons rather than hunger- even though health was only mentioned as a secondary issue?
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Naijasturf(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
God will punish Kogi governments
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Bamz(m): 4:26am On Aug 14, 2015
vheMa:
G for hunGer grin

LOL what's your ring size?

PS. Don't bring up the 'maga' talk smiley
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
Bamz:

LOL what's your ring size?
PS. Don't bring up the 'maga' talk smiley
don't know that yetsad
Re: 9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries by Bamz(m): 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
vheMa:
don't know that yetsad

LOL smiley kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Behind Economic Crisis In Osun – APC / Hadiza Shuaibu Jika: Makeup Photos Of Aisha Buhari's Sister-In-Law / FG Orders Arrest Of Ayodele Oke And Wife, Folashade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.