Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. (90230 Views)

I Lost My First Bank Atm Card How Do I Block It, Via Text Or Online / SAT Change Of Subject Question Some American Students Could Not Solve / See This Equation That Leads To Merry Xmas (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by pussyeater(m): 5:04am On Aug 10, 2015
3 + 3 * 3 - 3 + 3
3 + (3*3) -(3+3)=
3 + 9 - 6 =
12 - 6 = 6

8 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by nairaman66(m): 5:35am On Aug 10, 2015
Champion01:
With the use of BODMAS, the answer is surely 12. 3+ (3*3) -3+3

3 + (3x3)= 12, -3+3= 0.

3 + (9)= 12 + 0 = 12.

Answer= 12.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by nairaman66(m): 5:37am On Aug 10, 2015
pussyeater:
3 + 3 * 3 - 3 + 3
3 + (3*3) -(3+3)=
3 + 9 - 6 =
12 - 6 = 6

B O D M A S

B= Bracket
O= Off
D= Division
M= Multiplication
A= Addition
S= Subtraction

How did you arrived at 6?
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by mojeed4(m): 5:39am On Aug 10, 2015
No wonder Nigeria's Education system is failing... It saddens my heart reading some comments here... And yet your junior ones will bring you assignmentsb to solve for them and you also end up passing rubbish to them... cry cry
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by solomali(m): 6:02am On Aug 10, 2015
AdeniyiA:

sorry guy, you don't know how to use BODMAS,
It's (3)+(3*3) -3 +3, minus 3 cancels +3
=> 3+9 = 12

Bros which Kind Bodmas be this? 3+3 should be treated bfor a minus. 6 noni

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by lovemaths(f): 6:02am On Aug 10, 2015
I could solve this in primary school.
3+3×3-3+3=
=3+(3×3)-3+3
=3+9-3+3
=12

BODMAS
You move from left to right.
Introduce brackets where you find "×"
Perform the operations within the brackets
Multiply your result to get your final answer.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by solomali(m): 6:08am On Aug 10, 2015
I wonder why someone who correctly fill the acronym BODMAS and still arrive at 12. Do we really understand the operational procedures of BODMAS? If so, we are expected to treat all Brackets bfor Off, all Divisions after Off, all Multiplications (3*3= 9, hence new equation is 3+9 - 3+3) after Divisions and all Additions (3+9) - (3+3) after Multipling and then Substrctn. So ladies and gentlemen, what is our final answer?

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by AdeniyiA(m): 6:10am On Aug 10, 2015
solomali:

Bros which Kind Bodmas be this? 3+3 should be treated bfor a minus. 6 noni
A number possesses a sign that precedes it (e. g -4 +6 mean 4 has d -ve & 6 has d +ve) if you wish to put it in bracket you have -(4-6) and NOT -(4+6)

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by jaybee3(m): 6:11am On Aug 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by HopeAtHand: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2015
Kutunban:
I saw the below equation on First Bank BBM channel and what i saw with great dismay was the poor answers people were writing. Seriously our arithmetical knowledge needs to be awaken because i can't see a nation developing with poor analytical skills especially with simple equation.

So Nairaland members lets see those with good knowledge of arithmetic and those who will embarrass their parents.

Oya, tell the answer.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 10, 2015
using Google now.

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by dandollaz: 6:26am On Aug 10, 2015
AdeniyiA:
sorry guy, you don't know how to use BODMAS, It's (3)+(3*3) -3 +3, minus 3 cancels +3 => 3+9 = 12
use bodmas the ans is 6,

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by chiefololade: 6:44am On Aug 10, 2015
dandollaz:

use bodmas the ans is 6,
Which mumu bodmas are you using? Are you not the one adding unnecessary bracket to the equation. You can see the answer on a calculator and Google to be 12 and you people are still shouting 6. The answer is 12.
From the equation, the only thing you jump is first addition because multiplication comes before addition. Addition and subtraction are on the same level so you treat from left to right.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Chineduorizu(m): 7:00am On Aug 10, 2015
the ans is 18.

thank me later.

9 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by G12(m): 7:10am On Aug 10, 2015
chiefololade:

Which mumu bodmas are you using? Are you not the one adding unnecessary bracket to the equation. You can see the answer on a calculator and Google to be 12 and you people are still shouting 6. The answer is 12.
From the equation, the only thing you jump is first addition because multiplication comes before addition. Addition and subtraction are on the same level so you treat from left to right.

How can you say addition and subtraction are on the same level when multiplication comes before addition in BODMAS the same way addition comes before subtraction? After multiplication, do all addition separately and do subtraction lastly

1 Like

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by chiefololade: 7:26am On Aug 10, 2015
G12:

How can you say addition and subtraction are on the same level when multiplication comes before addition in BODMAS the same way addition comes before subtraction? After multiplication, do all addition separately and do subtraction lastly

Go and do advance mathematics and not the crap being thought in high school. Go and ask students of computer science, mathematics or statistics to confirm. BTW I'm a computer science graduate
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 10, 2015
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by cluewebhost(m): 7:49am On Aug 10, 2015
Simple BODMAS...

But then, the current generation copied even common entrance cheesy
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:50am On Aug 10, 2015
yemibayo:

3+3×3-3+3
=3+9-3+3
=12-6
=06
shocked
enrol for simple arithmetic class immediately !

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by GreenBobo: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2015
If you people know how much they pay edu/exams consultants for these kinda questions, you would agree with me that it shouldn't be easy for anyone taking such exams! Considering the time constraints that is associated with job tests . You don't just use your arithmetical skills here, your analytical, computational, your stress limits and much more qualities they want come into play! Don't just rush and choose an answer cos that's exactly what they (edu consultants) want you to do!
Much said already! Forget your doctorate degree in pure maths ...12 is the answer! (That -ve sign changed everything).

1 Like

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 10, 2015
Some people are dull sha. shocked shocked shocked

If you punch those figures on any calculator, it will definitely return 12 as the answer. Same goes with Ms Excel.

Now I understand what people mean when they say our educational system is finished.

Simple BODMAS. Addition and subtraction are at par. Even 8 years old kids can solve this.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by josh99: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2015
Festy4u:

Dat is obviously wrong. Firstly, once u put a bracket immediately after a negative sign, all positive signs within d bracket becomes negative signs so as to keep d originality of d given equation. Like for d given equation:
3+3x3-3+3 will be (3) + (3x3) - (3-3) which will translate to: 3 + 9 - 0 = 12-0 = 12

The right answer is 6. It's just like saying 3+(3*3)-(3+3)=3+9-6=6.
It's just a mental sum

1 Like

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2015
josh99:

The right answer is 6. It's just like saying 3+(3*3)-(3+3)=3+9-6=6.
It's just a mental sum

Are you wiser than google, modern calculators and Microsoft Excel angry angry

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by josh99: 8:55am On Aug 10, 2015
sureguy02:

Are you wiser than google, modern calculators and Microsoft Excel angry angry
This is Where ppl have problem, heard you asking if I'm Google. Who would that thing called Google be if not you and I. And again this kind of question requires simplification, you Can't just input it on calculator the way it appears But you simplify before inputing.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by johnwizey: 9:23am On Aug 10, 2015
engrlarex:
I don't aw aw some guyz passed common entrance, dia is nothing like bodmas hia...firstly -3+3=0 then 3+3*3=12 so what's d big deal abt dis.
Ur own 3+3*3=12 abi How did u passed too
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by 2rutalk1: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2015
abumeinben:

This is why u were not called for interview....smh
oga, stop misleading the guy, the correct answer is 6. Learn how to use BODMAS. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by DzTzl(f): 9:25am On Aug 10, 2015
-3+3=0, therefore the answer is 12
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by 2rutalk1: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2015
lovemaths:
I could solve this in primary school.
3+3×3-3+3=
=3+(3×3)-3+3
=3+9-3+3
=12

BODMAS
You move from left to right.
Introduce brackets where you find "×"
Perform the operations within the brackets
Multiply your result to get your final answer.
oga, you are wrong. In BODMAS it is addtion before substraction. So in your second to the last equation I.e 3+9-3+3, addition should come before substraction and mind you n there are two addition signs there. Minus 3 cannot cancel positive 3, which I am sure led you to the wrong answer. So in the rule of BODMAS, finish up everything that has addition sign before treating substraction sign. That is, (3+9)-(3+3) = 12-6=6. That is BODMAS for you.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by 2rutalk1: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2015
chiefololade:

Go and do advance mathematics and not the crap being thought in high school. Go and ask students of computer science, mathematics or statistics to confirm. BTW I'm a computer science graduate
listen to what they are telling you and stop talking trash. People thathave over ten years teaching experience in the field of mathematics at the University level are correcting you and you are busy talking about what calculator says. The little knowledge you have in mathematics is only telling you -3+3=0 in the equation and you ignore the rules of mathematics.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 10, 2015
D ans is 12-b
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2015
2rutalk1:
oga, you are wrong. In BODMAS it is addtion before substraction. So in your second to the last equation I.e 3+9-3+3, addition should come before substraction and mind you n there are two addition signs there. Minus 3 cannot cancel positive 3, which I am sure led you to the wrong answer. So in the rule of BODMAS, finish up everything that has addition sign before treating substraction sign. That is, (3+9)-(3+3) = 12-6=6. That is BODMAS for you.

You are very wrong!!!

I know what is confusing most of you.

BODMAS is actually:
B
O
DM
AS

Division and Multiplication rank equally, so do Addition and Subtraction

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

"I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. / Teacher Demands Sex From Student Of Nuco Comprehensive Secondary School, Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.