Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria (1505 Views)

DSTV In Trouble As TSTV Takes Center Stage On 1st October / Breaking The Dominance Of DSTV In Nigerian Market / Multichoice Slashes Price Of Dstv Subscription In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by Gbenga003: 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
Fellow Nigerians, please let's avoid DSTV like a plague. The company is in Nigeria to milk Nigerians dry. Their practices are against the masses. They systematically deceive their subscribers. Of recent, they increased the fees for all their services. Now, many Nigerians, including me, paid N9,420 towards the commencement of the EPL because we wanted to watch EPL matches. Only for the company to move their matches to premium class. They did not inform us before we made the payment. It is totally wrong of us to be patronising a company that sets out to rob us of our hard-earned money. It is quite depressing that National Broadcasting Corporation of Nigeria is toothless and insensitive to the plights of the victims of DSTV's evils. I do not really get it. I know that crimes are prevalent in South Africa. But I did not know that South African companies were being run by fraudsters until yesterday. Please, let's start the campaign against this evil company in our land. Enough is enough. DSTV must leave Nigeria. There are rich Nigerians that can buy DSTV. Let DSTV be nationalised or completely banned. Someone else should buy the EPL right for Nigeria. We want Nigerians or any other ethical foreign firm to replace DSTV in Nigeria. We cannot continue to endure them. They do not even honour the subscription you pay for. Whether you are at home or not, they charge their fee. The most annoying part is that they cut off their services on the morning of the expiration of your subscription. Let's use our consumer sovereign power to drive them out of our land. If you and I stop subscribing for their services, they will go. They cannot survive in this country without us. Please, start the campaign against DSTV on Nairaland, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Flickr, Instagram, BBM and all known media of communication. Tell your neighbours and friends to stop subscribing for their services. We need Dangote and his likes to take over this company. Their Nigerian employees will not be stranded. In my compound, about 2 people are off their grid; one person has reviewed his subscription downward. The last person is waiting for his subscription to expire to dump their company. Tell your friends and neighbours that DSTV is a corporate fraud that will must eliminate and delete. Our government cannot be campaigning against corruption while DSTV will be perpetrating this evil. Enough is enough.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by ladyF(f): 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
But the employees are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:
Shut up!

3 Likes

Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by Gbenga003: 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:
They will be taken care. We cannot continue to be slaughtered by DSTV in our land.

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by ladyF(f): 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
Gbenga003:

They will be taken care. We cannot continue to be slaughtered by DSTV in our land.
That will be good for the employees sha.

But my guess is they will reconsider, giving that their revenues are gonna be hit so bad. Not everyone will find it reasonable to upgrade from compact plus to premium solely because of premier league matches that u watch only on weekends.

Some compact plus wont even subscribe again, I can't wait to see how their silly economic decision will play out. But I foresee a rethink soon....

2 Likes

Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by makadee: 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2015
DSTV and gotv should both be deleted from nigeria cause both are big time scam.

For every recharge u get a funny increment,for me i don dump them since .
Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by Abugab(m): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
I have been on this silent demonstration for a long while now.
Tell a Nigerian the ills of DSTV and their sole aim to turn Nigeria and Nigerians to their cash cow and you will be shocked what they tell you and one is seen as usual in engaging in activism always.
They will keep exploiting Nigerians till when they choose to go except we act up now.
What happened to pay per view tv which they never introduced into the Nigerian market as against what they do in Southern African countries?
Learnt some time back CONSAT was making a move to buy the premiership view rights before the start of the season yesterday and didn't know what went wrong with it.
More Nigerians will have jobs to do if more players come into the market and the subscription is pocket friendly for subscribers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by Gbenga003: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
You are damn right.

Ihave been on this silent demonstration for a long while now.
Tell a Nigerian the ills of DSTV and their sole aim to turn Nigeria and Nigerians to their cash cow and you will be shocked what they tell you and one is seen as usual in engaging in activism always.
They will keep exploiting Nigerians till when they choose to go except we act up now.
What happened to pay per view tv which they never introduced into the Nigerian market as against what they do in Southern African countries?
Learnt some time back CONSAT was making a move to buy the premiership view rights before the start of the season yesterday and didn't know what went wrong with it.
More Nigerians will have jobs to do if more players come into the market and the subscription is pocket friendly for subscribers.
[/quote]
Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by valarinz: 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
I stopped renewing my Dstv subscription over a year ago, that's despite the incessant calls I receive from their customer care representatives to renew(coming from a consistent subscriber of over ten years). I've discovered a cheaper alternative to watch my football. Dstv are looters
Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
valarinz:
I stopped renewing my Dstv subscription over a year ago, that's despite the incessant calls I receive from their customer care representatives to renew(coming from a consistent subscriber of over ten years). I've discovered a cheaper alternative to watch my football. Dstv are looters
All what one hear is football, football, football. Not quite surprising that BBC has stated that football has become a cult and religious movement in Africa especially Nigeria. hence if you are to follow your gods of football, messi, ronaldo or whatever sacrifice all thy belongings patronize the oracle and altar Dstv.
Dstv has consumers pocket friendly bouquets from 26 channels channels@#1200, 1800,)(not on Gotv) 3500 etc.
You don't need to watch football to be happy and fulfilled.
DStv has stupendous programs that entertains,educates and excites one mental well being
Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by valarinz: 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
Screw off and go lick Ur masters ass, I am not interested in paying a fortune to watch repetitions of wack programs all month long, I'd rather watch my 'gods of football'. Dont u dare in your arrogance to tell me what to watch in order to be happy.
Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by YRRAHERM(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
@ valarinz

Pls share ur formular for watching matches without dstv so I can dump dis dstv for good
Re: The Evil Of Dstv In Nigeria by valarinz: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2015
YRRAHERM:
@ valarinz

Pls share ur formular for watching matches without dstv so I can dump dis dstv for good

Send me a pm, if you're in Abuja, better

Dont wanna paste it here and have the evil eyes set on destroying it

(1) (Reply)

Charcoal Export Business Investment Opportunity / Where In Nigeria Can I Get Large Quantity Of Original Sheabutter / Guaranteed Way To Wealth Is Autopilot Passive Income-find Out How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.