Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists (29900 Views)

Yes We Spent 82million On Soyinka But......nddc Boss / Ministerial Screening: Again, Fashola Clears Air On N78m Website / Fashola’s N78m Website, Twitter Account Hacked - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Lordmykel(m): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2015
Kikikiki.. Oh yeah? 78m

Can i download life from it??
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by RobinHez(m): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2015
Chai! I came late embarassed
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by free2ryhme: 9:05am On Aug 10, 2015
Am very happy to hear this, this information is a propaganda to deprive fashola of his ministerial appointment cause he is not friendly with their so called leader.... Am too sorry for ambode, fashola achievement will make this allegations baseless, soon it will be shame to you and your so called leaders, it's not saraki again, now it's fashola..... APC, parties to slavery
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by sukkot: 9:06am On Aug 10, 2015
na gold and diamond dem take build the HTML ? this fashola needs to be flogged with cane laced with pepper

4 Likes

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by veekid(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2015
small money, onto upgrading alone?? e small nah, u for spend 73billion instead taken wayre

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by anonimi: 9:10am On Aug 10, 2015
Really shocked
Chai, no wonder the fine boy smooth operator don SCAM Lagos finish.

* Four years ago, with plenty fanfare, our former gomina (governor) waka go Toronto for inspect and buy aloku scrap metal trains =>

AUGUST 10, 2011

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by overlord77: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2015
Splashme:
The Lagos State Government spent N78.3m to upgrade the personal website of former Governor Babatunde Fashola between 2014 and 2015, according to a report by the Lagos Public Procurement Agency.

The report, which was published on Lagos State’s official website in May, stated that N78.3m was paid to a firm, Info Access Plus Limited, for the “upgrade of www.tundefashola.com website post May 29, 2015 handover”.

Our correspondent who visited Fashola’s website observed that the website displays the activities and achievements of Fashola and also has a link to the website of Fashola’s wife, Abimbola.

All attempts to speak with Fashola’s spokesperson, Mr. Hakeem Bello, proved abortive as he did not pick telephone calls neither did he respond to a text message.

However, the company which was awarded the contract to upgrade the website said it received only N10m for the job, adding that it was mischievous of the state government to state in its records that N78.3m was given to it.

The firm said the website was not Fashola’s personal website but only reports and documents his activities as governor.

Curiously, however, the website has continued to report the activities of Fashola even over 60 days after he left office.

The statement read, “Our attention has been drawn to the Twitter campaign alleging that the Lagos State Government, led by Governor Babatunde Fashola spent N78m to upgrade the www.tundefashola.com website, a site dedicated to giving citizens unfettered access to the governor’s daily activities and open access to information.

“It is imperative to state here that the website in question is not Mr. Babatunde Fashola’s personal website but an official website which reports and documents his official activities as a way of accounting for his stewardship to the people of Lagos State.

“While we do not hold brief for the Lagos State Government, the selective loading of contracts awarded and executed by the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency is itself suspect and aimed at a pre-determined end. The statement of the contract line item and the cost ascribed to the website of the agency are therefore misleading and mischievous.”

The firm, which claimed to have been running the website since 2008, said N12.5m was quoted for the upgrade of the website which included a complete redesign of the page templates.

It added, “N12.5m was quoted for the upgrade of the www.tundefashola.com website, which includes the complete re-design of all the hundreds of page templates. Meanwhile, the LASG spent less than N10m on this and not N78m being circulated on the social media.

“Info Access Plus Limited will provide free technical support for the entire life cycle of the web site.

“Info Access Plus Limited will manage the contents of the site, which consist of press releases, speeches, photos, videos, etc. for one year.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/we-spent-n78m-to-upgrade-fasholas-website-lasg/

N78m to upgrade a website? I must be getting the wrong side contracts

4 Likes

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Lilswaghanxum(m): 9:12am On Aug 10, 2015
that website go connect person to heaven,that is waste of govt fund

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by chichriso: 9:12am On Aug 10, 2015
i cant believe that Fashola is also a thief

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by ykwildchild: 9:12am On Aug 10, 2015
Whats Ambode trying to do? Hmmmmmm

In other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/2
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 10, 2015
I wonder what Buhari will say....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by TeamSimple(m): 9:14am On Aug 10, 2015
Well anyone that believes fashola never inflated figures or took from the government purse is not just true to him/herself. But the question is DID HE PERFORM DURING HIS 8YR RULE? YES he did and to a very large extent increased the socio-economy of the state. The infrastructures are there,recreation centres,Insurance, state produced Electricity,schorlarship,justice among others. Nobody holy pass. They should just work much more than they embezzle.

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by anonimi: 9:14am On Aug 10, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Nobody should be immune from prosecution,whether APC or PDP.

Building a website for N78m in a city where many go to bed on an empty stomach is simply outrageous.

They actually UPGRADED the website as it was already in existence.
And a PERSONAL website oh for that matter!
Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode don kill us finish chai embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by tonychristopher: 9:15am On Aug 10, 2015
For your monday
The APCied (thought to be clean) ExGovernor of Lagos State(May be now Axed by unseen powers), Mr. BR Fash says the 78million Naira website is just 10million Naira. Website, weeebbsite! Do you know that the company that designed the scandalous website do not have a website for their company as of yesterday night? Do you know that over 39million Naira was used to buy printer ink? Do you know that(scratching my black-dyed-hair)... a lot of heart-attack-giving amounts in contracts were given to...? Now that was "change"...
I am scratching my black-dyed-hair. I have landed.

OH When I say that Fashola of a dude is fishy you wont believe me, they call me names, I just dont understand why people have this dobaale mentality that they cant even cricisize. This is a state that is assumed to have the richest resources yet Anambra has performed more than this lagos with infrastucture and good education and lately increased the wages yet lagos have not been able to do this. YET FASHOLA was working, I stay in lagos and I must be honest 80% of roads are in sorry state, even in the same ikeja, pass through ALLEN via OPEBI when it rains even when it is dry seff you will understand...this is just in IKEJA then imagine Egbeda,Agege, Ogba, Alaba Suru, Alaba Rago, Iyana Oba, Iyana Isashi, Iyana School, Abule Ade, Ipaja - Ayobo, then Baruwa then think of Estate Igando inside yet lagos is working then pass through Toyin street and Ipodo market and tell me if lagos has ever worked

ALL THEY BUILD TO ME IS EYE SERVICES DEVELOPEMENT AND SELECTIVE DEVELOPEMENT...FASHOLA WAS NEVER THE MESSIAH . LET US COMPARE LAGOS WITH UYO, ANAMBRA EVEN ENUGU these are states that performed yet Anambra never borroweed but where borrowing Ogin,Ekiti money , lagos with the famed biggest economy state is stlll the most indebted yet less infrastructure

what a scam or do I say shame

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by osimataylor(m): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2015
Fashola I suspect has made the list of Buhari's september ministerial nominees thus Tinubu and Ambode and fighting tooth and nail to rubbish him.Don't be surprise a fake group will soon petition the EFCC on this soon.We know and understand the game.But let the music play that's what APC are noted for.Lies and blackmail!.
chukwudi44:
Fashola should also fight back and expose Tinubu's loots and how Ambode was rigged in!!! Let the revelations begin!!!
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by owobokiri(m): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
Fashola should also fight back and expose Tinubu's loots and how Ambode was rigged in!!! Let the revelations begin!!!

Mutually assured destruction, abi? Ala adighi mma bù uru ndi nze grin grin grin
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Firefire(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2015
Time of revelation...

Lalaa to roke, ile lonbo

APC is a party of professional criminals and rogues with brainless and blind followers.

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 10, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Nobody should be immune from prosecution,whether APC or PDP.

Building a website for N78m in a city where many go to bed on an empty stomach is simply outrageous.

Bros you just spoke my mind intact in this game of politics no one should be trusted...... Will Oga fashola say he is not aware of this? Hmmmm jail is smelling on their head!!!!

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by modesty200: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2015
falseola is simple a thief and we know it, he does nothing in lag and this yelluba idiots keeps on praising im on media too bad we have been scarm big time, i wish baba God can just do miracle and all their thiefing yansh go just open and we will kniow who is real big time thief here

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Donlewis(m): 9:25am On Aug 10, 2015
God will help this country .
America can not spend that amount for the country website. This is one of the challenge we have
Given project in the name of govt to satisfy peoples pocket.
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by JingoOAU(m): 9:25am On Aug 10, 2015
To imagine Ambode could be this myopic by degrading Fashola in Public despite what fashola did to campaign for him...I think it's just a payback time for Tinubu...how can people of the same party doing this to themselves
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Smooyis(m): 9:29am On Aug 10, 2015
Efforts should be made to probe the Lagos state government since the time of Tinubu till Fashola era. I believe a lot of corrupt transactions are being deliberately covered from public glare.

I have no pity for any corrupt politician. None at all. We voted them to better our lots, but they turned against us with oppression. Let us always be on the side of the truth. Countries that are well developed have zero tolerance towards corruption of any kind.

They need to be seriously disgraced. We should stop defending their actions. Let them face the wrath of the law.

3 Likes

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by oshyno(m): 9:30am On Aug 10, 2015
Chubhie:
Never again shall we allow politicians Bobo us!!!! Real change is when this scam is followed to a logical conclusion. PMB and EFCC must hear this. It begins with you and I putting pressure on relevant agencies to look into Lagos state books.

Bros after d media fanfair, it will fizzle out. Nobe dis government ? Dey dia naa.

A state that refused to domesticate FOI bill. If lagosians or Nigerians know what has been accruing to d Lagos cofers, they will stone Fashola alive. That tinubu survived running lagos when Obj stoped alocation going to d state for almost a year + tells you how rich that state is. Now that they hv unhindered access to the federal alocation yet no state of the art project even with heavy loan tells you how Lagos has been raped.
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Shekau1(m): 9:30am On Aug 10, 2015
luvmijeje:

The procurement agency should go further by releasing every necessary documents pertaining to the deal. If they refuse then this is blackmail.
pretend like u have not seen any released document or statement, if it was PDP u guys won't be shouting Blackmail angry u guys are just hypocrites no wonder we are not moving forwad in this Nation undecided

5 Likes

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by hinwazaka: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2015
And so continues the ACN civil war. This should be encouraged so that by 2019 the PDP(Lagos) can compete against a divided ACN and triumph. This time around there will be no. Comeback and they will be lost in obscurity forever

3 Likes

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by tivta(m): 9:32am On Aug 10, 2015
Where is that nigga that was justifying the amount? See how tribalistic some Nigerians are? Change my foot.

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by signature2012(m): 9:33am On Aug 10, 2015
All politicians are crooks irrespective of the political party they belong.

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by jlinkd78(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2015
pedel:
I caught you booking space with empty content.
dats what she is known for
Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by sucess001(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmm.

This shows all is not well between Ambode Tinubu and Fashola.

But that Tinubu will let his puppet get to this extent is worrisome. It is likely a part of the politics going on at the federal level. perhaps Tinubu is threatened at the reported closeness between Fashola and Buhari.

However, Fashola also didn't act above board in the matter. there is NO website worth that much. in a digital age, why would websites be gong for that much. perhaps more worrisome is that the website is not a personal website. it is VERY personal and Fashola should be bearing the cost from his pocket as against the government bearing same.

Despite this glaring corruption though, i will still support Fashola for a federal appointment rather than Tinubu or any of his puppets.

Look at the Ambode puppet guy...who has seen any impact he has made thus far?

1 Like

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by amusadele: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2015
Am sure our GOAT president call Buhari is reading this thread. The difference between $12.5m and $78.31m is $65.81m. Who dey near EFCC? Quickly inform our president, Buhari who is damn too dull to read this thread and understand that, he should ask efcc to investigate the DIFFERENCE asap.
I like to know who go first tire and give up this media warfare.

3 Likes

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by Firefire(m): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2015
tonychristopher:
For your monday
The APCied (thought to be clean) ExGovernor of Lagos State(May be now Axed by unseen powers), Mr. BR Fash says the 78million Naira website is just 10million Naira. Website, weeebbsite! Do you know that the company that designed the scandalous website do not have a website for their company as of yesterday night? Do you know that over 39million Naira was used to buy printer ink? Do you know that(scratching my black-dyed-hair)... a lot of heart-attack-giving amounts in contracts were given to...? Now that was "change"...
I am scratching my black-dyed-hair. I have landed.

OH When I say that Fashola of a dude is fishy you wont believe me, they call me names, I just dont understand why people have this dobaale mentality that they cant even cricisize. This is a state that is assumed to have the richest resources yet Anambra has performed more than this lagos with infrastucture and good education and lately increased the wages yet lagos have not been able to do this. YET FASHOLA was working, I stay in lagos and I must be honest 80% of roads are in sorry state, even in the same ikeja, pass through ALLEN via OPEBI when it rains even when it is dry seff you will understand...this is just in IKEJA then imagine Egbeda,Agege, Ogba, Alaba Suru, Alaba Rago, Iyana Oba, Iyana Isashi, Iyana School, Abule Ade, Ipaja - Ayobo, then Baruwa then think of Estate Igando inside yet lagos is working then pass through Toyin street and Ipodo market and tell me if lagos has ever worked

ALL THEY BUILD TO ME IS EYE SERVICES DEVELOPEMENT AND SELECTIVE DEVELOPEMENT...FASHOLA WAS NEVER THE MESSIAH . LET US COMPARE LAGOS WITH UYO, ANAMBRA EVEN ENUGU these are states that performed yet Anambra never borroweed but where borrowing Ogin,Ekiti money , lagos with the famed biggest economy state is stlll the most indebted yet less infrastructure

what a scam or do I say shame

I am from SW, but I hate ACN turned APC with passion, for their hypocrisy and fraudulent acts.

Imagine paying double taxes with nothing to show from government.

PAYE
Land Use Charge
Consumption Tax etc

And I still provide water, road and basic amenities for myself.

All you see the gangsters doing is planting flowers and excessive media noise.

Nonsense party.

6 Likes

Re: We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists by BankManager(m): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2015
D same Fashola some Lagosians are screaming to rule Nigeria someday.. Overrated ex-governor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tanko Almakura Carrying Garri On His Head (photo) / Soyinka Slams Musa Balarabe Over Comment On Amotekun / Wanted Stanley Mgbere Is Not Our Member - IPOB Tells Governor Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.