Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed (58375 Views)

Why I Didn’t Attend Buhari’s Meeting With Governors - Fayose / FFK Reacts To Buhari’s Meeting With Archbishop Of Canterbury In London / Buhari Meeting With His Chief Of Staff Over Ministerial List- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by DONSMITH123(m): 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
Details are beginning to emerge from the private meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari and former President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. The Nations reports that a former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar facilitated the meeting.

According to the report, the meeting was at the instance of the 2015 Elections Peace Committee, after former President, Jonathan complained that President Buhari was not sticking to the peace accord they signed.

Jonathan was reported to have also sought for understanding on alleged corrupt practices and mismanagement of funds under his administration, with a source saying the former President claimed he was hearing about some of the graft allegations for the first time.

The report however claimed that President Buhari reportedly insisted that all looted funds must be returned to the nation’s coffers, adding that the President also restated his pledge that Jonathan had nothing to fear at all.

According to a source quoted by the report, the outcome of the meeting between Buhari and Jonathan formed the motive behind Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo’s declaration at the weekend that the target of the administration’s anti-corruption war was not Jonathan.

The report further disclosed that the former President was not comfortable with the way Buhari moved against his ex-Chief Security Officer (CSO), ex-National Security Adviser (NSA) and some ministers, asking the Abdulsalami committee to prevail on Buhari not to rubbish him.

The source said: “For some weeks, Jonathan has been in the country to iron out some issues on his government.

“Based on Jonathan’s complaint, Abdulsalami made efforts – five times- to get in touch with Buhari but the ex-Head of State could not get through on time. I think Buhari already had security reports on Jonathan’s emissary.”

Abdulsalami was said to have been frustrated at a point and had to enlist other ex-presidents who prevailed on Buhari to allow the committee an opportunity to mediate.

The source added: “This was how Abdulsalami succeeded in securing an appointment from Buhari for Jonathan with a caveat that the immediate past President should feel free to bare his mind.”

The source further gave an insight into the discussions.

“Jonathan said he was hearing some of the allegations, especially financial sleaze, against his administration for the first time. He made it clear that he had nothing to do with some of these corrupt practices.

“He said whatever steps or actions the President intends to take; it should be within the framework of the peace accord the two leaders signed. Obviously, he wanted soft landing.

“He also pledged to cooperate with Buhari as much as possible on all steps he is going to take.”

On his part, President Buhari was said to have restated his pledge that Joanthan had nothing to fear, though insisted that there was no going back on the recovery of looted funds.

“The President reassured Jonathan that he has no personal agenda against him. But he insisted that whatever was stolen from the treasury must be returned,” the source said.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/10/details-of-buharis-meeting-with-jonathan-revealed/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by megamank(m): 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
This thing has to be put straight. if we want buhari to sanitize this country there should be no stone too precious to turn....if GEJ has nothing to hide let him just sit down and rest. if Buhari wanted to witch hunt anybody we know a lot of people that will be in Detention now awaiting trial.....but with all this shout here and there due process of the law has to be followed.....the guilty should start arranging their homes because if not all, some of them has a long journey away from home to jail......JAMES IBORI is a simple example he has been on a long journey away from home but very soon he will return.

the idea of GEJ looking for a soft landing or saying this and that is not Good for the change every Nigerian wants. his moves are currently anti-people. you are been called the HERO OF PEACE so please remain peaceful and calm while the corruption Surgeon carry out the surgical operation to eradicate this cancerous infection call corruption that grew into the heart, lever and the entire reproductive system of the country.
if humans can beat cancer Nigeria can also beat curruption.

154 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by ELTON123(m): 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
LIES.........

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
and He thinks PMB will not probe him? Lets wait and see....

19 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by DONSMITH123(m): 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
ELTON123:
LIES.........

Really? Why sudden visit then?

Is he afraid of been probe?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by acenazt: 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Na him sabi If him like make him bring Azikiwe and Tafawa Balewa back PMB go probe u

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by eagleeye2: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
DONSMITH123:

On his part, President Buhari was said to have restated his pledge that Joanthan had nothing to fear........
“The President reassured Jonathan that he has no personal agenda against him. But he insisted that whatever was stolen from the treasury must be returned,” the source said.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/10/details-of-buharis-meeting-with-jonathan-revealed/
Why do I find the bolded funny and hard to believe.

13 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by DONSMITH123(m): 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
acenazt:
Na him sabi If him like make him bring Azikiwe and Tafawa Balewa back PMB go probe u

May your tea never lack milk. grin

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by ELTON123(m): 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Really? Why sudden visit then?
Is he afraid of been probe?
probe? why sudden visit from obj undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by dustmalik: 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
eagleeye2:

Why do I find the bolded funny and hard to believe.
You can choose to believe whatever you want.

7 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by NeilOssai(m): 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
GOOD for u GEJ....!!!!! Wen u had the opportunity to make Nigeria better u were busy Gambling wit it..,.,!!!!! Fresh air indeed!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by DaBullIT(m): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
According to source

According to source

Who da heck is tha source

abi make i scatter here ni ?

I wan know the person wey use GEJ RUB AM so grin grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by DONSMITH123(m): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
ELTON123:
probe? why sudden visit from obj undecided

My brother that's to tell you the two past leaders has some hidden under their carpet.

4 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by ELTON123(m): 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
DONSMITH123:

My brother that's to tell you the two past leaders has some hidden under their carpet.
haha I laugh why is buhari afraid to probe obj?

8 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by free2ryhme: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
grin
Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by jerryunit48: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
They will Probe and in the end GEJ will be vindicated just watch

5 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
NeilOssai:
GOOD for u GEJ....!!!!! Wen u had the opportunity to make Nigeria better u were busy Gambling wit it..,.,!!!!! Fresh air indeed!!!

God Bless you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by ChaleeBendel: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
Fear don catch Buhari grin grin grin grin
Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jonathan is looking really calm.

The load of naija is off his fragile neck.

grin

20 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by Mogidi: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
According to a source quoted by the report, the outcome of the meeting between Buhari and Jonathan formed the motive behind Vice President, [size=13pt]Yemi Osinbajo’s declaration at the weekend that the target of the administration’s anti-corruption war was not Jonathan.[/size]

Bring on the probe and the dossier detailing Buhari's corruption would be revealed.

P:S
When is Buhari going to start probe on those who used #78mil to upgrade their website and those who used #50mil to buy beds?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by freedom96: 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
M really not much interested in probing gej personally.I don't think the guy has stolen.People were stealing under his nose and he did nothing to stop them,I think that's his offense.....My thoughts though embarassed

Anyway,The president's belief shall prevail!

5 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
ELTON123:
haha I laugh why is buhari afraid to probe obj?

Afraid? Bros no vex o.....You bi PDP? OR APC? aRE THEY PAYING YOU SALARY FOR SUPPORTING THEM? grin Just asking oooo...no vex

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
My friend jona.
Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by ITbomb(m): 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
I see Allison hand somewhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
Nothing will be so good than to see Jonathan behind bars.

6 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by VickyRotex(f): 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
Our Hero of Democracy. cool

God Bless PMB and GEJ

I miss Mama Peace cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by hazyfm1: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
I SEE
Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by Pebcak: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
grin

Re: Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed by freedom96: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:
Jonathan is looking really calm.

The load of naija is off his fragile neck.

grin
calm ke? shocked somebody is trying to avoid kirikiri and u think he looks calm?...Abeg madam look again grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Soldiers, Police At Mary Odili’s Residence In Abuja / What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like / Patience Jonathan Builds New Mansion In Okrika (Photos) - Citypeople Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.