Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. (553 Views)

"Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) / Deacon Survives 39 Bullets After Armed Robbery Incident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
I think it’s an unfair treatment for church workers who work in the church only to earn “God bless you” while the Pastor will keep getting richer by the day with all the tithes and offerings. The last time I checked my bible it says; “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple”. (Malachi 3:10A) these days Na only the pastors no want God bless you as reward but will want members to accept it.
Here’s the real question, How come pastors don’t work for “God bless you” and pay their workers?
Re: Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by Unsad(m): 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
High time they started
Re: Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
That's how they do. buh as a choir, usher etc... u don't have to be paid for working in the house of God. dobu get paid for evangelizing no, cos u doing it for God. God will reward u with smthin better than money.

I'm part of my church's choir, and I luv sing praises to God, and I dnt want any payment for that.
Re: Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by StarCj(m): 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
yes. especially those church that rich
Re: Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
Good to hear that you don't want to be paid for what you do for God but I think you should though you can refuse to be paid.

EroticAngelina:
That's how they do. buh as a choir, usher etc... u don't have to be paid for working in the house of God. dobu get paid for evangelizing no, cos u doing it for God. God will reward u with smthin better than money.

I'm part of my church's choir, and I luv sing praises to God, and I dnt want any payment for that.
Re: Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
They promise you your own wealth in heaven, yet they ride on private jets,
Drive the best cars.
Live in the best houses
Eat the best food.
Yet they proclaim that Jesus is there role model….
Jesus told us that the son of man has no house.

"I will follow you wherever you go."58 And Jesus said to him, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." 59 And He said to another.
Luke 9:58..

He had no donkey and had to borrow one from an unknown person.
He sent two of the disciples,30 saying, “Go into the village ahead of you; there, as you enter, you will find a colt tied on which no one yet has ever sat; untie it and bring it here. 31“If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you untying it?’ you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of it.’”

Luke 19:29.
Re: Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by SexyNairalander: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
God will reward them abundantly, but the church should find them change sha cos most of them sacrifice alot.
Re: Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
jeffucee10:

Good to hear that you don't want to be paid for what you do for God but I think you should though you can refuse to be paid.

no u shouldn't.
Re: Don’t You Think Churches Should Be Paying Choir/ Elders/deacon Etc. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
can you explain with a biblical passage why he shouldn't ?

EroticAngelina:

no u shouldn't.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Never Shutdown Aso Villa Chapel – Adesina / 5 Things To Look For When Trying To Find A Good Church / Floxa-the New Communicant In The Anglican Communion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.