Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water (39218 Views)

Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water / My Power Bank Fell Inside Water. What Can I Do / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Into Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by fathomberry: 9:59am On Aug 11, 2015
Na wa o.
I actually wrote a post like this.

https://www.nairaland.com/2491485/how-save-phone-almost-drowned

Nairaland jonze am! undecided
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by seangy4konji: 9:59am On Aug 11, 2015
so what happens if me myself kumuma drop my self in water as everything don tire me for here
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 11, 2015
If it was like dat God would hv created a woman first so nne no be small pikin o.inugo
INTROVERT:
when ever I misplace my phone and find it after sometime I usually hide it and buy a new one cos historically whenever I loose my phone and find it it gets lost finally that same month.

nice one OP.

by the way congrats to THOSE male nairalanders who knowingly or otherwise pressured LadyF to change to (m). God is watching all of you because you don't like women being on top of your heads. angry
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2015
SPG4U:
OP

Bag of Rice na 8K ooo

I go just jejely go give better engineer for slot

How I go waste a whole BAG of "iresi" iyen RIce

But no P sha make I go arrange condom give my Phone ...
[/size]

Engineer wey go still collect 3k for your hand, why not buy a bag of rice for 8k and eat for a month while saving yourself engineer troubles as well.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by naira0(m): 10:04am On Aug 11, 2015
What if it fell into a toilet. Wats ur take
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by naira0(m): 10:07am On Aug 11, 2015
[size=13pt]What if it fell into a toilet. Wats ur take [/size]
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by dollyinxx(f): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2015
And wot is d adverse health effect on d rice consumer ?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by henroe2k2(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2015
Phones now eat rice.
When mine happened, I brought it out of the water, switched it off. After that I loosed the phone. Detached the battery. Because the battery is attached to the phone. There after I used fuel to clean the panel with a tooth brush. I exposed it to the sun to dry up for about 40 mins and after that I screwed it back.
Guess what, I typed this message with the same phone.
For the records, it's an infinix hot note pro

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by nonyedoris: 10:18am On Aug 11, 2015
I want to get it clear are you going.to barry the phone inside the rice or keep it on top of the rice bag?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by tohpahz(f): 10:18am On Aug 11, 2015
hadura29:

T baby I pity you... How many bags of rice you get for house?

I sell bags of rice grin
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Apex32: 10:23am On Aug 11, 2015
Hold on let me try it first nd I will come nd giv u feedback shocked
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by gbens2000(m): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2015
since bc my broda.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by gbens2000(m): 10:27am On Aug 11, 2015
dollyinxx:
And wot is d adverse health effect on d rice consumer ?
u will eat the rice nd apple wil employ u.if na nokia .nokia will employ u.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by chudyboy05(m): 10:28am On Aug 11, 2015
The topic should have been 'my phone and one bag of Ric '.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by charlesbailey(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2015
Step 0 for ladies: scream omg!!! for 5 minutes and expect the phone to jump out of the water itself
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by chudyboy05(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2015
The topic should have been 'my phone and one bag of Rice '.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by 989900: 10:31am On Aug 11, 2015
Dondav:
It doesn't work... Tried it twice and lost both phones..

It Never worked!!!!

I think this works better:

1. Switch off phone.

2. Take out all detachables; battery too (if detachable).

3. Shake off water for 10-15mins.

4. Spread in the sun for hours (depending on where you live)/ or use a hairdryer, that works super fast.

5. Most importantly, NEVER EVER switch on a wet phone!

6. To be on the safe side, repeat number 4 for 2 days on the bounce just to be sure phone is fully rid of all element of water.

7. Switch on phone at end of 2nd or 3rd day.

You should be fine.

P.S. Number 4a needs strict vigilance in some cases.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by hadura29(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2015
tohpahz:

I sell bags of rice grin

Abakaliki or Singapore rice?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by cutepaul(m): 10:52am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:
when ever I misplace my phone and find it after sometime I usually hide it and buy a new one cos historically whenever I loose my phone and find it it gets lost finally that same month.

Is this topic about how to find ur lost phones or how to preserve them from being stolen again I wonder for u ooooo! Abi na inside bag of rice u dey hide dem? Very soon u go cook ur sim card chop!
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by abacusCm(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2015
can I put it inside bag of garri?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 11, 2015
elnino3:
Another good method is to clean it and put it with some sachets of silica gel in a zip lock bag, leave it over night.
Rice is equally a good desiccant.
nice chemistry, but rice is more common to every home.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by BrownCookie(f): 11:03am On Aug 11, 2015
Lagusta:

Do me a favour please......

GERRAAURAAHHEERRE!!

angry angry
That is in Igbo, " si ebe a puo"
I like Introvert though wink
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by pimplucious: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:

nice one OP.

by the way congrats to THOSE male nairalanders who knowingly or otherwise pressured LadyF to change to (m). God is watching all of you because you don't like women being on top of your heads. angry

What's with this NB after ur comments about LadyF? It's doing my head in lately
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by activelyA(f): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2015
Cool....
Always stranded when it occurs embarassed
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by professore(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2015
this is informative
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Fabian32(m): 11:20am On Aug 11, 2015
stardragon:
U CAN ALSO USE BAG OF BEANS
I need to go and try it wif ma nw!!.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Oilandgas1(m): 11:38am On Aug 11, 2015
nwaobitex:
Nice piece of info
P.s..Now I've confirmed that introvert is truly jobless

But jokes apart, is INTROVERT truely Jobless?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by brabus(m): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2015
mytime24:
who don try am

#TESTIFY embarassed

It's true! I did that with my Galaxy S4 Zoom even after 4 days of trying different fixes with no luck. I was asked by one of my kid friend to put it inside uncooked rice, which I did and gradually everything started working back.

It happened sometimes in May last year and till moment the phone is still working. The phone spent more than 45 minutes inside water.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by stonecoldcafe: 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
Lagusta:

Do me a favour please......
GERRAAURAAHHEERRE!!
angry angry
Bad belle is allowed
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by kelvine(m): 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Good discovery. Hope didnt end up contaminating the bag of rice with unknown substance from the phone.
Anyway,thanks for sharing.

justi4jesu:

It has been tested and trusted, it's true because my blackberry phone once fell into the pool, i brought it out and dipped it into a bag of Uncle Bens rice for 24hours, brought the phone out and switched it on and booooommm like magic the phone worked without any fault. cheesy
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by justi4jesu(f): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
kelvine:
Good discovery. Hope didnt end up contaminating the bag of rice with unknown substance from the phone.
Anyway,thanks for sharing.

Contaminate ke cheesy

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by chuksmad(m): 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
That is why i like nokia product, very rugged, what u need to do is just to remove the b3 and spread it under the sun to dry.

[size=20pt]For practical knowledge of basic html and css coding with Dreamweaver, visit www.prislaw.com[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" / The type of phone you use is a reflection of who you are. / Could My Phone Be Monitored Or Hacked?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.