Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,240 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance (553 Views)

Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths / "Stop Misreporting Buhari In Germany" - German Reporter Tells Nigerian Media / Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
Abuja- President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday called on elite within and outside the country to be prepared to contribute more meaningfully towards helping the country overcome its current challenges.
The president made the appeal at an audience with the outgoing President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), Dr Donald Kaberuka, who paid him a farewell visit at the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja.
President Muhammadu Buhari
According to him, the privileged and influential citizens clearly have to do more now than in the past to help the country deal successfully with its economic and security problems.
“With the shock of falling oil prices, lack of revenues and insecurity, the Nigerian elite must now wake up and provide the right guidance in their communities, and also lead the economy on the right path more than they used to do,’’ the president said.
Buhari also told Kaberuka that his administration would welcome more support from the AfDB for projects in versatile sectors like agriculture that could easily be explored to create more jobs for unemployed Nigerians.
“An impression has been erroneously created that we are a rich country but looking at the economic profile of the country today, you will see that that is not necessarily the case.
“Our social services have to be seriously rehabilitated. We need urgent attention on areas like education and health services, not only in the north eastern part of the country, but all round the country.
“We will fall back on institutions like the AfDB for support in generating employment. We have vast potentials in the agricultural sector that can be explored to create more jobs.
“We also have small businesses that need funds for expansion,’’ he further maintained.
The outgoing AfDB president had earlier informed Buhari that some development institutions like the World Bank, German Development Bank and the European Development Bank had already indicated their readiness to provide long term loan facilities to small businesses in Nigeria.
Kaberuka assured the president that the AfDB would always support economic projects in Nigeria.
Dr Akinwunmi Adesina of Nigeria will replace the outgoing AfDB president in September.
The AfDB currently has a strong capital base of 4.8 billion dollars with Nigeria having the largest contribution of about 60 per cent of the capital base. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-tells-nigerian-elite-to-wake-up-provide-right-guidance/

cc lalasticlala Ishilove
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by ladyF(f): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
Yes

Nigeria shall be great again
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by robinicule(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by sluk(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
My correct presido
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by yrret: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
I love this man.

Our elite were blinded with the love of money.
They no longer care of the community.
Only their pocket with no pity.

I belive my country will be back to normal.
I believe in PMB
I believe in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by wapSmart(m): 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
I confabulate, brainstorm with one of my PaPI in my hood about this lingering african mentality of which the elite, the affluent people dont want people to grow to their level because they believe they had loose their respect if such comes to fruition and he said here in africa the affluent believe it is not safe for everyone to be equal.

Since Baba is admonishing the elite to wake up and do the needful, i hope they did.
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
yrret:
I love this man.
Our elite were blinded with the love of money. They no longer care of the community. Only their pocket with no pity.
I belive my country will be back to normal. I believe in PMB I believe in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
wapSmart:
I confabulate, brainstorm with one of my PaPI in my hood about this lingering african mentality of which the elite, the affluent people dont want people to grow to their level because they believe they had loose their respect if such comes to fruition and he said here in africa the affluent believe it is not safe for everyone to be equal.

Since Baba is admonishing the elite to wake up and do the needful, i hope they did.
I Hope They "do" also...
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by wapSmart(m): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
Freemanan:

I Hope They "do" also...
It is consequential
Re: Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite To Wake Up, Provide Right Guidance by oduastates: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
Our elites are vainglorious and only know how to drink champagne and buy private jets .
Compared to Indonesia where you find chemical magnates , construction magnates, real estate magnates , retail magnates, agriculture magnates..... , our own are mostly rent seekers who became rich from corrupt deal , drugs ,

(1) (Reply)

Avalanche Of Gov’t Officials Visit Ibori, Corrupt Ex-governor, In Prison / Orji Kalu Charges Buhari To Fight Without Political Bias / Missing UNILAG Diploma Student Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.