Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan (41262 Views)

IGP Idris Appears Before The House Of Reps Over Diversion Of N1.2bn Police Fund / Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks / Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by seangy4konji: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
oga ooo

dem don finish nigeria i swear...

Na big money b all this money i swear.
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by PEREP: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
cramjones:
A few days ago I told nairalanders about the meeting I sat in with President Buhari. My brothers and sisters, if you missed out on that article titled Intense/fearful Revelation From My Meeting With PMB - Cramjones https://www.nairaland.com/2509817/intense-fearful-revelation-meeting-pmb

Please read it. This is just a tip of the iceberg. You will be shocked when you see the breakdown of how Dezieani under the watch of GEJ diverted at least $9 billion to different foreign accounts. Do you think it is a coincidence that GEJ met Buhari a few days ago? Do you think it is a coincident OBJ met Buhari a few days ago? Do you think it is a coincidence that Deziani is in London claiming ill? Do you think it is a coincidence that our foreign reserves miraculously increased to $31.5 billion since Buhari came to power.

I will be releaveling more, as we go deep into the rot and evil GEJ and his people perpetuated on Nigeria.

In the meantime, Madam Ngo, please just kindly return the $600 million, the Buhari I saw last week will go come for you with all he has! So madam just cooporate and please return it.

-CramJones

No project, no expenses, just salaries, why won't Foreign reserve rise?

The word here is that fund was used for another project and not Lagos to Kano. Simply put, fund was used but not Lagos to Kano rail.

It is good the way GMB is getting brief per Ministry and Dept but he should spare us all the English and take on the issues, recover funds where it is possible and if not, draft the new blueprints for new opportunities

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by igbakigba2t15: 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
The President regretted that government had, over the years, failed to meet its counterpart funding obligation on some projects, leading to such projects being left uncompleted or abandoned.

The issue of abandoned government projects at Federal, State and Local Govt levels over the years is a major source of wastage and corruption in this Country. I strongly advise that the enabling law be promulgated to ensure the CONTINUITY of such projects at all levels as long as Govt Resources are involved!
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Hammed4real(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Bros J have corrupted the woman and made her do bad things cos she was good but now I don't know if she still is
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
time to pay up!
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
sweetgala:

I feel very sad for Okonjo because, she is either implanted by the IMF/World bank etc to sabotage the Nigerian economy or the dreamy finance minister as OBJ said that needs 24/7 monitor.

GEJ and OBJ are were both dolphins swimming with Orcas, both very dreamy individuals who made silly ideas and played ludo with the Nigerian economy under the assumption they had 9 lives to get it right, but the likes of Deziani were the "cabal" feasting on their every error taking full advantage of it.

I presume NOI did her best for the country and if her best was not good enough she should be probed and jailed if found culpable. There is no need for much noise neither is there any need to feel sad for her.
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Jaypea98: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
Neduzze5:
Why won't he query it when he did not go to school?

Simple Maths, he cannot solve!! angry

#BabaDaura
Ned you fall ma hand seriously this will go down as THE WORST COMMENT I ve read on this forum.....

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by ldpele(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
cramjones:
A few days ago I told nairalanders about the meeting I sat in with President Buhari. My brothers and sisters, if you missed out on that article titled Intense/fearful Revelation From My Meeting With PMB - Cramjones https://www.nairaland.com/2509817/intense-fearful-revelation-meeting-pmb

Please read it. This is just a tip of the iceberg. You will be shocked when you see the breakdown of how Dezieani under the watch of GEJ diverted at least $9 billion to different foreign accounts. Do you think it is a coincidence that GEJ met Buhari a few days ago? Do you think it is a coincident OBJ met Buhari a few days ago? Do you think it is a coincidence that Deziani is in London claiming ill? Do you think it is a coincidence that our foreign reserves miraculously increased to $31.5 billion since Buhari came to power.

I will be releaveling more, as we go deep into the rot and evil GEJ and his people perpetuated on Nigeria.

In the meantime, Madam Ngo, please just kindly return the $600 million, the Buhari I saw last week will go come for you with all he has! So madam just cooporate and please return it.

-CramJones
adams oshiomole is that u?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Ofeakwu(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Elslim:

shes ur mother abi.... 10yrs imprisonment is d list she will get.. How far u don see d new anti-corruption committee?? DO uknow d person heading it i pity any mofo in corrupt scandal

Werey!

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Kx: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Words on Marble:

"Since the coming of PMB, men no longer find cold beer to drink, suddenly beer in d fridge have turned ice block." quote_ chxta nwanze.

May ur days be long PMB
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
ddippset:
before the c0ck crows barcanista will deny this news 3 times.
why you de shout na? You no read this line

“I hope that due process was followed before such diversions were carried out. Taking money from one project to another has to be done properly,”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by willyboss: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Can u pls read what u just typed? Does it make sense to u?
millionboi:
Buhari sld 4get abt d past Govtmnt focus nd change dis country as promise

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Ofeakwu(m): 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
GstringAngela:
When are the ibos finally going back to Biafra ?

Yellowbars ndi-ara, see as dem be[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by strongerthaneva(m): 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
Neduzze5:

#BabaDaura
u are the stupid goat that escape from my mama soup abi gud lion must eat u today..jona is the dullard and u are the dullard friend now u wailing like dullardino..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
Neduzze5:

#BabaDaura
U probably loaned ur grey matter out on permanent basis.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by sweetgala(m): 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
xtrorse:

I presume NOI did her best for the country and if her best was not good enough she should be probed and jailed if found culpable. There is no need for much noise neither is there any need to feel sad for her.

She looks stupidly, arrogantly innocent , if there is anything as such

with her headgear ever so aligned and a smug "trust me I know what i'm doing, certainly more than you" attitude

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by blazetitov: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
anonimi:
Since when did the Ministry of Finance equate to NOI

Perhaps Buhari did not see the rails working and running all over the country ni?

I just hope he will [size=13pt]not cancel all the good, progressive work of Jonathan[/size] like he did for Jakande's work on the Lagos metro in 1984!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

Is this all you can show for almost $1BN? You are just being silly and uncivillized. Go to even South Africa and you will mavel. No wonder Okupe said we can't use light rail system in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
sweetgala:

She looks stupidly, arrogantly innocent , if there is anything as such

with her headgear ever so aligned and a smug "trust me I know what i'm doing, certainly more than you" attitude

That's your (prejudiced) opinion.
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
xtrorse:

You this bile-filled, occultic, hating creature, shouldn't you rather bother about your diabolic Itsekiri people?

na you get ur mouth. u can use it to chop shit. who cares?
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by azimibraun: 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Afterall Madam Due process gets the last laugh fighting for the Chibok girls... She is way respected than Ngozi Iweala.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
PDPwayoo:

na you get ur mouth. u can use it to chop shit. who cares?

Silly, dirty looking creature...
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by sunnymaja(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
If Okonjo is innocent, can anyone tell me who is behind the N10b two years transport fare?
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
GstringAngela:
When are the ibos finally going back to Biafra ?

Lol wh0res now talk politics? This is def a good development for sex hawkers in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
TXRunner:
ehn, jungle don mature. Mrs NOI, oya come nd answer PMB. abi u go say u no go answer? wailing wailers, pls wat line of defence/denial do u have 4 Ngo baby? grin grin i know veri soon, d chief wailer aka barcanista will make a counter thread. lmao. as i said before, jungle don mature. watching in 5D grin grin

on a serious note, i loved Ngozi, but as dey say....bad company corrupts good behavior. nawa o
wetin una de talk? I see no news here

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
esere826:
I thought this project was completed
and that some moneys were taken from other sources to initiate the project before the loan was received
if i'm not mistaken, after receiving the loan, the previous sources of funds were credited with some of the cash

So u know better than the permanet secretary?

Well make she come explain what happened.
Thats wat we call accountability

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
xtrorse:

Silly, dirty looking creature...

IS THERE ANYBODY DIRTY AS IGBO MAN? NO................. SWEAR IF YOU AND YOUR MOTHER DON'T CLEAN YANSH WITH NEWS PAPER?
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by sweetgala(m): 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
xtrorse:

That's your (prejudiced) opinion.

I accept that very much so, I made that point that it was a rather odd opinion but nonetheless; mine with pride
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by ronald4lif(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
Welcome development. Every project should be probe and anyone found wanting of malfeasance must be prosecuted.

As far as anti corruption is concern, I think Buhari is creating the right atmosphere. Hope is on the way. Hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by wiseoneking: 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
Elslim:

shes ur mother abi.... 10yrs imprisonment is d list she will get.. How far u don see d new anti-corruption committee?? DO uknow d person heading it i pity any mofo in corrupt scandal
Ten years in your dream world. Nobody is going to jail, not even Dazzi. I hope he wil stil recover half of all the stolen fund. He should start doing something concrete not raising alarm.
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by harry509: 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
samkay3g:
ABUJA- President Muhammed Buhari on Monday asked the Ministry of Finance to provide explanations on the whereabouts of the foreign loans obtained for rail projects but diverted to other purposes under the watch of former Minister of Finance, Dr. Okonjo Iweala.

The president directive followed an instance of the diversion of a substantial part of the loan of USD1.005 billion from the Chinese Exim Bank, meant for the construction of a standard gauge rail line linking Lagos and Kano States to somewhere else.

This was even as the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Transport by the Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Mohammed Bashar informed the President that only $400 million id left of the loan.

Bashar made the revelation during a presentation of his ministry’s activities to president Buhari at the presidential villa.
He also briefed the President on some challenges facing the transport and maritime sectors such as encroachment on railway land, lack of security on inland waterways and some vague agreements between the Nigeria Ports Authority and ports concessionaires.

Reacting, President Buhari said that it was disappointing to find that foreign loans obtained in line with signed agreements were moved from one project to another.

“I hope that due process was followed before such diversions were carried out. Taking money from one project to another has to be done properly,” he warned.

The President regretted that government had, over the years, failed to meet its counterpart funding obligation on some projects, leading to such projects being left uncompleted or abandoned.

He added that there was a clear need to streamline, harmonize, and prioritize on-going projects in the transportation sector.

Source : www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-queries-okonjo-iweala-over-diversion-of-1bn-rail-transport-loan/
dis woman sha. D secret most nigerian's don't kw is dat she reali crippled dis country. D money she stole 4rm nig acct I don't tink ABACHA loot is up 2 dat of her own. She deserve prison. Oya her follower's quote me......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by millionboi(m): 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
Wen did it becom a crime. To say one opinion
willyboss:
Can u pls read what u just typed? Does it make sense to u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police PRO Muyiwa Adejobi ‘locks 3 Friends Up’ For Disagreeing With Him In Traff / Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region / Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.