Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem (699 Views)

BBC Documentary On Rebranding Nigeria / Rebranding Nigeria Or Rebranding Nigerians? / Dora's "rebranding Nigeria" Gaining Momentum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 23, 2009
How true is it abt this re-branding thingy, i heard some one say Yar'adua is also planning of or has rebranded our beloved Nationalé Anthem.
Anyone with source shld pls post it here and also a link to d new Anthem'

~GOD BLESS NIGERIA~
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by keyne(f): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2009
rebrand,do we even ve a brand? nonsense, angry
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 26, 2009
Keyne, and who says nigeria doesnt av a brand, av u read ur history books yet?
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 26, 2009
I love it as it is. I know it by heart angry
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 26, 2009
What do u love? 9ja brand.?
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 26, 2009
The anthem
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 26, 2009
I love d anthem too, i was just wonderin what has re-brandin 9ja got to do with d anthem.
grin
Yar'adua (9ja's president) clda be funky atimes with his fulani politics et polity et policies.
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 26, 2009
brein:

I love d anthem too, i was just wonderin what has re-brandin 9ja got to do with d anthem.
grin
Yar'adua (9ja's president) clda be funky atimes with his fulani politics et polity et policies.
I think they want to change the words in the anthem.
Is that even constitutional?
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 26, 2009
Is it constitutional to edit a countries National Anthem?
Im not sure.
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 26, 2009
Source?
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 2:25am On Mar 26, 2009
U asked for source! Well i never an@wered ur question whether it be constitutional to edit d national anthem, bur no worries, i'll quickly read thru d books and see if it be legal or not.

Come to think of it, even if it be constitutional, that doesnt give our present day leaders to toy with what they themselves also came to meet in d damn const.
Brb.
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by No2Atheism(m): 3:15am On Mar 26, 2009
@Ebony-silk,

1. Yes I accept i came too late for Toyosi20, i accept my fate. My intentions are now platonic now that i know the 'lowdown'.

2. At least now that we (u, Toyosi and I) are acquictances, we cannot 'undo' getting to know each other.

3. So can kindly send me u and Toyosi's yahoo and facebook identity to my gmail email account (chk my nairaland profile for it). Once I receive the id's in my gmail account (indicating ur consent to giv me the ids), I would likewise then send u and Toyosi my own yahoo and facebook ids through ur own email addresses. Once the mutual private exchange of ids is completed then I can try to request ur friendship on both facebook and yahoo messenger.

Hope u are okay with this arrangement,
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 26, 2009
No2Atheism:

@Ebony-silk,

1. Yes I accept i came too late for Toyosi20, i accept my fate. My intentions are now platonic now that i know the 'lowdown'.

2. At least now that we (u, Toyosi and I) are acquictances, we cannot 'undo' getting to know each other.

3. So can kindly send me u and Toyosi's yahoo and facebook identity to my gmail email account (chk my nairaland profile for it). Once I receive the id's in my gmail account (indicating ur consent to giv me the ids), I would likewise then send u and Toyosi my own yahoo and facebook ids through ur own email addresses. Once the mutual private exchange of ids is completed then I can try to request ur friendship on both facebook and yahoo messenger.

Hope u are okay with this arrangement,
Ehrrm why do you still need me to send you her email address?

Ask her to send it wink
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 26, 2009
Now it is constitutional to change or edit the national anthem, afterall Obama did edited the USA 's Anthem, so.
Bur i doubt if Nigeria can leave by it.
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by No2Atheism(m): 3:29am On Mar 26, 2009
sincerely, its was an innocent and naive request.

1. I accept my fate based on what u said was her relationship status.

2. Yes i understand ur instinct and her instinct as a woman not to want to trust my request based on my attraction towards her.

3. Nothing i say or do would be enough to proof to you or her that my request is not sinister.

4. Okay send just ur own,

5. Remember i said i don't usually frequent the romance thread, hence i might not be able to know when she's going to be on nairaland since i originally spend most of my time on another thread. Hence logic says that u are the only means of getting the information for now. I don't want a situation in which she would start thinking that i am still stalking her, hence why it makes sense to get it now and get it over with.

6. Advise me how to go about getting the facebook and yahoo id apart from the way i have suggested considering that i now just asking for it on an innocent and platonic level, no hidden agenda.
Re: Re: Rebranding Nigeria's National Anthem by Nobody: 3:31am On Mar 26, 2009
brein:

Now it is constitutional to change or edit the national anthem, afterall Obama did edited the USA 's Anthem, so.
Bur i doubt if Nigeria can leave by it.
How and what did he edit in the USA's Anthem? shocked shocked

@N2A
Ehrrm, you see, what happened was. . . .long story smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Noise Of These ITT. / Govt Revokes Oshiomhole, Deputy’s C Of Os / “mohammed Buba Marwa Delivered Bomb That Killed Dele Giwa” -- Dr. Ogunade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.