Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Christ: A Place Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ: A Place Or Not? (512 Views)

How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham / Was Jesus Christ A Real Person? / Advise Pls After I Found Christ A Black Girl Keep Appearing In My Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christ: A Place Or Not? by MaxWellStores(m): 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
CHRIST: A PLACE OR NOT?

Just the other day, I asked a heffy looking fellow who he thought a christian was. His answer wasn't different from the many others I got from other folks. He said, "Christians are followers of Christ." How true is this age long definition? Is the Christian really a "follower?"

With the aid of few scriptural references, I'll describe as simple as possible, who the Christian is.

When the Master said in the book of John 8:23 that He was from above, was He merely hoodwinking those set of 12 "religious fanatics" who called themselves "God's own people". Did He say those beautiful words just to get the apostles excited and enthusiastic about His visions; to get them to be followers and workers in His newly established ministry. The answers to both questions are the same; an emphatic "NO!" Jesus came from a Kingdom; one far superior to ours, He came from heaven to earth.

Correlating this fact with the subject matter...

A citizen can be defined as an individual born in a certain geographical location (ie country), and this location is known as his/her land of nativity. For better comprehension: the particular individual has his/her ancestry rooted in that particular land and not otherwise. These individuals are known as the founders of the land or what is popularly referred to as "sons and daughters" of the land in this part of world. They are the "earth", the "air", the culture and traditions of that land. In short, they are the land itself. Everywhere they go, they represent their land of nativity personified! This definitions might however, be in sharp contrast to the definitions of the world because, in the society today, there are various processes made available to "secure" citizenship ie marriage or outright purchase. When a citizen of a country travels to another country, is such an individual considered a follower of his land of nativity? The answer is clearly no.

In 2 Corinthians 5:17, the apostle Paul correlated what Jesus said in John 3:3, when He said except a nan be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God. Paul by the inspiration of the Spirit said in his letter that: if ANY man be IN CHRIST he IS a NEW creation. Paul expounded what the Master said in John 3:3, he made it very clear on what the Master meant for one could be "reborn"; being INSIDE CHRIST.

The Scriptures make us understand that Jesus is presently in heaven. The Scriptures also let's us understand that we are the BODY of CHRIST. Meaning, we, by this I mean Christians, all form His Body - neck, shoulders and all the down. So, I could be for example: a cell in His right little finger, and so on and so forth. Therefore, if He is in heaven, and we are in Him (spiritual reality), it can be safe to say that we also are in heaven in Him! Christ is in heaven, He is the PLACE where we now hail from because, remember: IF ANY MAN/WOMAN BE IN CHRIST...that individual is "born" by Him, and by virtue of the law of citizenship, is from the "country" or Kingdom called heaven. This is a spiritual reality and it was the basis on which Hebrews 12:12-24 was written.

The Christian is not a "follower" of Christ; no! The Christian is "christ" here on earth (1 John 4:17). He is an ambassador (citizen) from a Superior Celestial Kingdom, here to do what ambassadors do; primarily, to represent the interests of his/her land of Nativity.

God bless you!
Re: Christ: A Place Or Not? by darnley16(m): 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
.I just wanna know how the Bleep Jesus got disciples with names John,Peter,Simon,Matthew. etc in the MIDDLE EAST?

Christians open ur eyes
Re: Christ: A Place Or Not? by MaxWellStores(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2015
darnley16:
.I just wanna know how the Bleep Jesus got disciples with names John,Peter,Simon,Matthew. etc in the MIDDLE EAST?

Christians open ur eyes

Your ignorance truly precedes you. The name Jesus was the English rendering for Joshua "Hebrew". Moshe is Moses "English". So are the names used throughout the Old and New Testaments. That explains how you are able to read and understand the Bible which were originally written in old Hebrew and Greek.

Please, use your web enabled devices for more profitable ventures. The were reason the internet and search engines were created.

Thank you and good day!

(1) (Reply)

Ouestions&answers About Spiritual War & End Time / Desiring God. / Ever Experienced God's Miracle??...share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.