Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead (34018 Views)

Palace Chiefs Finally Confirm Ooni’s Death / BREAKING: Ife Chiefs Confirm Death Of Ooni, Okunade Sijuwade / Ife Chiefs Debunk Ooni's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by londonrivals: 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2015

The Ife traditional council in Osun State has officially confirmed the death of the Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuade Olubuse II, after denying that the monarch had passed away.

The Awara of Iwara-Ife, Layi Adereti, made this known in Ife while speaking on the preparation for the burial of the Ooni, who died at Saint Mary Hospital in London about two weeks ago.

He said the official proclamation of the passage of the Ooni of Ife would be made on Wednesday 12th August 2015.

The traditional ruler said the Oro festival was the final rite of passage for the Ooni, declaring that the final pronouncement of the demise of Ooni has been fixed for Wednesday between the hours of 9am and 4pm.

“This is an official statement from the palace of Awara of Iwara-Ife who is the head of Oro deity that on Wednesday 12th August 2015, there would be official proclamation of the demise of Ooni of Ife,” he said.

“The proclamation will be made public during the Oro festival, being the final rites on the demise of Ooni of Ife.

“The residents of the ancient town are therefore urged to keep away from the streets between the hours of 9am and 4pm during which the Oro diety will be out.

“With the announcement, people are advised to stay in-doors for the period when the Oro will be out.”

Mr. Adereti who is also the head of Oro Cult in Ile-Ife, noted that residents of the ancient town whether male or female would remain indoors during the Oro rites.

According to him, immediately after the Oro rites and the proclamation, subsequent rites would follow. He appealed to all residents of Ife to heed the restriction orders from the palace.

The monarch added that though only females were normally barred when Oro festival is being carried out, but this time around, it would have no respect for gender.

The council had been in denial since the news of the Ooni’s death broke, claiming that its traditional rulers don’t die.

Many of the Chiefs were also embarrassed by the fact that the media reported the passing, instead of the traditional channels established by aged long customs of Ife land.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188145-breaking-ife-chiefs-confirm-death-of-ooni.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by londonrivals: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2015

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
So dis old men wants us to wait till we hear from dem dat the Ooni is dead? They should shun all dis politics and bury the dead jare..

RIP Ooni of Ife...
You were a peace-loving and great man afterall, not like one Oba of Lagoon whose stock-in-trade is to forment trouble and hate, like he holds the key to Planet Jupiter. The Lagoon will turn to shamefully swallow him one day.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
I am the Legal FTC recognised by NL law Cap. 23 of 2010 (as amended). Pls disregard any claims by the poster above me to that effect. Whoever does business with him in regards to dis thread does so at his/her own risk.
Lalasticlala, ishilove take note!!

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by jaykaylegend(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
Okay
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Pierocash(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
why d denial all this while? they were evn calling Sahara reporter propaganda news media.mtcheeeew!

3 Likes

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
the Oba of lagoon will follow soon.

you can insult me all you like, the bastered hate my people and we hate him with a passion too

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by kokoA(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
Finally, minister of death announcement don talk am.

15 Likes

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Melahou(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
It's no more news
More or less breaking news

They would have continued to deny his death

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by twaintoy(f): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
aguiyi:

you can insult me all you like, the bastered hate my people and we hate him with a passion too
Chaiiiiiii. Why na?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Juxtified(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
Sorry about your tradition.
We already knew long ago that he's very dead.
Welcome to the Internet Age

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by kestolove95(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
When will dey annouce d oba of benin own?

4 Likes

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by koma1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
Old news

5 Likes

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by jaybee3(m): 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
aguiyi:

Ohkkkayyyyy
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by temitemi1(m): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
SMH...
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by AdeniyiA(m): 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
They can go roast him and eat ... undecided
Human being - turning the creation to the Creator since the day of Adam &Eve. Smh undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by kennydee05(m): 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
RIP....
Baba Sun reooo

1 Like

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by zimoni(f): 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
So, Baba is dead eventually? Lolz.

They are done with the preparation which usually involve removal of some organs in late Ooni's body and use to prepare a concoction for the new one. The new will be asked "What Did You Eat and he'll respond I Ate Oba......Ki Lo Je, Mo Je Oba". Tradition Wahala.

It is well sha. Everyone in Ife knows Baba died days ago, hence no one wants to be caught by the Oro(na lie oooo, some stubborn night crawlers will still be caught oooooo).

Make dem bury Baba abeg make we move on jarey.

Lobatan o jarey.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Yemz213(m): 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
hmmmmmmm, RIP
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
angry cry
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by elipheleh(m): 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ok way to go boys. Buhari boys onto their slaves...
One thief down, more to go.
Nemesis is catching up with the thieves.
Wailing wailers can quote

1 Like

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
kokoA:
Finally, minister of death announcement don talk am.
grin
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by willyboss: 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
Stale news

1 Like

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Sunofgod(m): 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
ok
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Occurstaem(m): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
This is no more a news.
aguiyi:
You are not God. You may be the next. So, wish unto yourself what you wish for another person .

36 Likes

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by yorke1: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Except a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Won't it be hypocrisy if you are a Christian and still type 'RIP'

4 Likes

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Elkewwty(f): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
RIP ooni
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by dunkem21(m): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Stale.
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by ademega(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
they can now cry at the Palace
Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
zimoni:
So, Baba is dead eventually? Lolz.

They are done with the preparation which usually involve removal of some organs in late Ooni's body and use to prepare a concoction for the new one. The new will be asked "What Did You Eat and he'll respond I Ate Oba......Ki Lo Je, Mo Je Oba". Tradition Wahala.

It is well sha. Everyone in Ife knows Baba died days ago, hence no one wants to be caught by the Oro(na lie oooo, some stubborn night crawlers will still be caught oooooo).

Make dem bury Baba abeg make we move on jarey.

Lobatan o jarey.
nobody wan follow baba go

4 Likes

Re: Ife Chiefs Confirm Ooni Is Dead by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmmmmm... All this rituals undecided for a dead man?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Begs Prof. Farooq Kperogi To Stop Criticizing Buhari, Nigerians React / Oshiomhole: Giadom’s ‘Take Over’ Makes No Sense / Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.