Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others (1177 Views)

Buhari Set To Appoint Timi Alaibe Over Niger Delta Avengers / Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / Bayelsa PDP Chairman, Tiimi Alaibe, 1,100 Other PDP Members Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by DONSMITH123(m): 8:49am On Aug 11, 2015
The Ijaw Young Professionals (IYP) on Monday berated members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Bayelsa State who are set to decamp to the All Progressives Congress (APC), describing their action as “shameful and disgraceful”.

It was widely reported at the weekend that many of the ruling party’s leaders and members in the state were ready to switch camp to the opposition party at an event in the state capital on Saturday.

Listed among those ready to defect were the former Managing Director of Niger-Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Timi Alaibe and former member of the House of Representatives, Stell Dorgu.

But in its reaction in a statement yesterday in Yenagoa, leader of the Ijaw Young Professionals, who spoke through the spokesperson of IYP, Seighfa Tonye-Brown, said the planned defection was “shameless and disgraceful.”

He, however, expressed optimism that their defection from PDP “will not affect the chances of the incumbent governor, Seriake Dickson, from being re-elected”.

According to him, the reason for the impending defection was “greed and selfish interest rather than the desire to serve”.

Tonye-Brown said based on that premise, the defectors would not enjoy the support of the people of Bayelsa State.

He said that those same people were the ones, who conspired against former President Goodluck Jonathan in his reelection bid despite the enormous benefits they got through influential appointments “but was never reflected in whatever form in the lives of their people in the state”.

This, he said, did not recommend them as worthy leaders to be trusted and called on Bayelsans to reject them ahead of the election.

Tonye-Brown said, “Our people must shine their eyes and beware of these characters because they do not mean well for them. We know the antecedents of these so-called leaders who are obviously desperate for power to satisfy immoral ends. We know for a fact that the only motivation for defecting is their noted greed and locust mentality.

“They are all fair weather politicians who are only concerned about themselves and their families. Curiously many of them have benefited so much from the Dickson administration as well as that of former President Goodluck Jonathan but what did they do for their own people? This is why our people must be careful not to be deceived by these so-called leaders. They are just selfish”.

While calling on Governor Seriake Dickson not to lose sleep over the proposed defection, the group said Bayelsans were convinced about his sterling performance in office and will do everything possible to rally support for his re-election.

”Bayelsans are no fools. We will mobilise across the state and we are sure our people will recognise this betrayal by these so called leaders which will ensure massive support to re-elect the countryman governor. Without doubt this coming election is all about the ordinary people but never that of a gang of selfish elite who are out again to plunder our common wealth as they did in the past. They should know that Bayelsa State does not exist for them alone. Their selfish interest cannot take precedence over the collective wellbeing of our people”, Tonye-Brown stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/11/defection-your-actions-shameful-iyp-tells-timi-alaibe-others/

Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by trailblaiza(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2015
cheesy
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2015
politicians are not different from Ash..." Jumping from one man to another...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by Swaggzkid: 8:53am On Aug 11, 2015
Poster above has a point * but should have used the word "some"

Because a man like Sen. Godswill Akpabio I know very well won't do such.
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by Demmocrats(m): 8:55am On Aug 11, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
politicians are not different from Ash..." Jumping from one man to another...lol

One Brazilian hair for making that statement
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by Demmocrats(m): 8:55am On Aug 11, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Poster above has a point * but should have used the word "some"
Because a man like Sen. Godswill Akpabio I know very well won't do such.
grin

Don't trust any 9ja politians, can you swear with your life he won't do the same
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by bewla(m): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2015
No permanent friend only permanent long throat
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by oluwaSmith1(f): 9:08am On Aug 11, 2015
Demmocrats:

One Brazilian hair for making that statement

wao.....am sending my address o.....lol grin
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by oluwaSmith1(f): 9:08am On Aug 11, 2015
Demmocrats:
grin

Don't trust any 9ja politians, can you swear with your life he won't do the same

God bless you for that...
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by DONSMITH123(m): 9:09am On Aug 11, 2015
bewla:
No permanent friend only permanent long throat

you av a point bro...never trust politicians
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by Demmocrats(m): 9:10am On Aug 11, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

wao.....am sending my address o.....lol grin

My sister send you even deserve more than that black beauty
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by oluwaSmith1(f): 9:14am On Aug 11, 2015
Demmocrats:

My sister send you even deserve more than that black beauty

wao...thanks bro...
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by Swaggzkid: 9:17am On Aug 11, 2015
Demmocrats:
grin

I didn't say I trust him ,,
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by debo07(m): 9:23am On Aug 11, 2015
Blah blah blah blah......let dem keep wailing....PDP is dead
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by CuteTj(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2015
No be Ijaw man decamp go another party abi no Ijaw man go contest with another Ijaw man? I tire for this Ijaw Youth Professionals abi na PDP professionals in disguise.
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by DONSMITH123(m): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2015
CuteTj:
No be Ijaw man decamp go another party abi no Ijaw man go contest with another Ijaw man? I tire for this Ijaw Youth Professionals abi na PDP professionals in disguise.

Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by oluwaSmith1(f): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2015
debo07:
Blah blah blah blah......let dem keep wailing....PDP is dead

for now, but i believe they will rise again....

APC Just need to keep up to their promise

Change
Re: Defection: Your Actions Shameful – IYP Tells Timi Alaibe, Others by DONSMITH123(m): 10:15am On Aug 11, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

for now, but i believe they will rise again....

APC Just need to keep up to their promise

Change

I think you av a point there my dear...Nigerian might still clamour for a change of government if APC failed to leave up to their expectations.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Second Senate President, Nwafor Orizu; Setting The Records Straight / President Buhari's Appointments By Age & Gender / Saraki: Kwara APC Moves To Abuja As Loyalists Intensify Prayers-daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.