Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland (877 Views)

Group Version Of Nairaland Bible Quiz-for Everyone,especially You / Nebuchadnezzar Exemplifying God's Grace For Humility / Names Of Nairaland Members That Will Go To Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland by PastorAIO: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2009
Recently I've being thinking that God is really using Huxley on this Nairaland o! Then my mind turned to some scriptures where God is known to work through agents that seem ostensibly to be against God.

Most Notably, I think of Nebuchadnezzar, God's instrument. God himself declares that Nebuchadnezzar is his servant.
"Now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, My servant, and I have given him also the wild animals of the field to serve him
Jeremiah 27:6

and say to them, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, "Behold, I am going to send and get Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant, and I am going to set his throne right over these stones that I have hidden; and he will spread his canopy over them.
Jeremiah 43:10

behold, I will send and take all the families of the north,' declares the LORD, 'and I will send to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon[b], My servant[/b], and will bring them against this land and against its inhabitants and against all these nations round about; and I will utterly destroy them and make them a horror and a hissing, and an everlasting desolation.

"It is I who says of Cyrus, 'He is My shepherd! And he will perform all My desire.' And he declares of Jerusalem, 'She will be built,' And of the temple, 'Your foundation will be laid.'"
Isaiah 44:28

The same is said of Cyrus, another man that is not obviously a messenger of God. God here calls him his Shepherd.

Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia-- in order to fulfill the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah-- the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia,
2 chronicles 36:22

Is it not the case that there are many professing christianity who yet are full of lies and deceit, clinging to man made concepts and hypocritically maintained beliefs and taking that for God and for religion? Now like Jerusalem with it's idols and false prophets you are now besieged all around by the Nebuchadnezzar and his vast army of Atheist ideologues, 'Rational' thought, and cogent arguments (almost cogent arguments).

What a great analogy! My only regret is that when I googled some keys words I found that someone else has already come up with the idea.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/v28685145h655q30/
Robert M. Baird1

(1) Baylor University in Waco, Texas
Abstract The essay introduces and defines the concept of an intellectual Nebuchadnezzar—one who, despite his hostility to religion, serves God's purposes by the depth of his ideas. In terms of this notion, some of Friedrich Nietzsche's views are explored. Specifically, Nietzsche's perspective on artistic creativity is analyzed and applied to the notion of creativity in human relationships. In addition to concluding that Nietzsche is himself an intellectual Nebuchadnezzar, the broader point is made that truth and insight should be welcomed by the religious community even if the source of that truth is one ostensibly hostile to religion.
Re: Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland by Bastage: 11:37am On Mar 23, 2009
LMAO.

Huxley will be really cheered up by the fact that he's doing God's work. grin
Re: Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland by KunleOshob(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2009
Well Huxley knows the bible better than most people that call themselves christians( even though he doesn't understand it)
Re: Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland by noetic(m): 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2009
KunleOshob:

Well Huxley knows the bible better than most people that call themselves christians( even though he doesn't understand it)
is google the same as knowledge?
Re: Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland by tpia: 1:54pm On Mar 23, 2009
Re: Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland by huxley(m): 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2009
tpia:

I dont think picking out verses here and there, is the same thing as knowing the bible. More like he memorized his catechism.

What does "knowing the bible" entail? Take someone like the scholars Bart Ehrman, Robert M Price, Burton Mack, John Dominic Crossan, Gerd Ludermann, Graham Stantom and William Lane Graig,, who are all academic contemporary bible scholars.

How would "knowing the bible" be used with respect to these scholars? Do they have to agree on a doctrinal line established 1800 years ago, to be described as "knowing the bible"?
Re: Huxley - Nebuchadnezzar Of Nairaland by PastorAIO: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2009
huxley:

What does "knowing the bible" entail? Take someone like the scholars Bart Ehrman, Robert M Price, Burton Mack, John Dominic Crossan, Gerd Ludermann, Graham Stantom and William Lane Graig,, who are all academic contemporary bible scholars.

How would "knowing the bible" be used with respect to these scholars? Do they have to agree on a doctrinal line established 1800 years ago, to be described as "knowing the bible"?

eh-hen! Nebuchadnezzar don start. Oya, wey Zekekiah?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Afraid Of God? / For How Long Is The "last Days"? / Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.