Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Africa Is Not A Country!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Africa Is Not A Country!!! (350 Views)

Africa Is Splitting / She Leads Africa Is Hiring! / The Next Tallest Building In Africa,is Being Built In Nairobi,kenya (2) (3) (4)

Africa Is Not A Country!!! by phloxie(f): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2015
How do i even start this post....... its just not proper that Africa is being referred to as a country, i am not happy with fact that Africa is never being recognised or appraised for anything good but always bad eg terrorism, poverty, illiteracy etc. It pains me that most people especially people from other countries /continents thinks Africa is a country and a poverty stricken country for that matter. 

For crying out loud Africa is a continent of 54 countries and speaks English as their official language , this is not difficult to look up on google is it? I am not saying some parts of African countries don't have life difficult but it is really absurd how everything is being generailized, people think when you come to africa you leave with a disease or illness as if that wasn't enough, someone had to say "i feel for africa, they are really suffering" *straight face* which kind mumu talk be that na? 

If we Africans can differentiate between a South American and a North American and know that Asia is a continet and not a country then why can't you all do the same, why can't you all recognise the fact that some of us are not starving to death, why can't you all recognise the fact that Africa is not as backward as you say or that Africa is a beautiful continent with talented designers, philanthropists, celebrities and notable people. 

Well they say that bad news travel fast, when something bad befalls a country, it is being generalised but nobody ever knows when good things happens. I am not saying that these countries are perfect, ofcos  some parts of African countries are poor and has illiterates and experience terrorism and greedy leaders but i mean what other continents hasn't experienced or isn't experiencing such, i digress. 

Anyway i believe we all are educated and know what research is, i could go further on this issue but, i don't have strength *sigh*, so please let us all educate ourselves instead of being ignorant and stop this disdain or rather wrong impression about Africa..... thank you very much!!!! 

www.phloxiesblog..com

Do You Do Adverts? / Airtel 1gb Sim For Sale / What Would You Do?