Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) (2847 Views)

Should I Go Ahead And Buy The Car? Help Please / These code came up after i scan my car "Help" / Stolen Car, Help A Nairalander Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by ukata16(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
@gazzuzz
@luvinhubby
I drive a Honda Accord 98 i4. Checked under the steering/ drivers foot side an saw a device I really don't know it's application. And also another that looks like it should be plugged somewhere.
Pls help me explain both.
Thanks

Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by ukata16(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2015
And this too

Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by powerfulsettingz: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2015
Hope u r not staying in the north?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by ukata16(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2015
Hahahahahaha
Nope
Got the car this year. So I'm fining out some stuffs that are not working and stuffs I should know their importance.

1 Like

Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by dulux07(m): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2015
Looks more like security devices n gps transmitters
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by lollystiver(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2015
the look of this device self day fear me you may not base in north buh hope non of ur brother from north visiti you pls save a life cry cry cry cry cry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by cardoctor(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Its a remote engine start device. Its probably not working anymore or disconnected.

The reason why it states that it should be installed only in automatic vehicles and not a stick shift is so that it doesn't accidentally start the car when in gear.

Don't panic as other suggestions indicated the possibility of it being an IED. Very funny though.

Cardoctor

5 Likes

Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by ukata16(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
@cardoctor. Thanks for your response
Pls what does it do. I thinks it's disconnected but if it's there does it have any effect?
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by cardoctor(m): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
ukata16:
@cardoctor. Thanks for your response
Pls what does it do. I thinks it's disconnected but if it's there does it have any effect?

Like I stated. Its a remote engine starter module that is connected to your car's ignition. Its used for starting your car engine with a remote control fob while you are at a distance away from the car. It doesn't affect your car's operation if its already disconnected and the remote control not being available.

Cardoctor

1 Like

Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by d33types: 8:05am On Aug 12, 2015
ukata16:
@gazzuzz
@luvinhubby
I drive a Honda Accord 98 i4. Checked under the steering/ drivers foot side an saw a device I really don't know it's application. And also another that looks like it should be plugged somewhere.
Pls help me explain both.
Thanks

the one that looks like a port for connection is an obd2 port to connect a car diagnostic tool

the black box is an car security module that controls locking and unlocking the doors and for arming the car alarm with a remote control.if it's bad you can replace it.
I did mine for 5k.came with 2 remote controls
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by ukata16(m): 9:03am On Aug 12, 2015
d33types:

the one that looks like a port for connection is an obd2 port to connect a car diagnostic tool

the black box is an car security module that controls locking and unlocking the doors and for arming the car alarm with a remote control.if it's bad you can replace it.
I did mine for 5k.came with 2 remote controls
Thanks, pls can you give me the number or address of where you di yours? I'm in lagos
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by lonelydora: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Hope u r not staying in the north?

Abeg no give person high BP. The dude fit no drive that car again.
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
lollystiver:
the look of this device self day fear me you may not base in north buh hope non of ur brother from north visiti you pls save a life cry cry cry cry cry cry

looks like a car tracker., thats why I dont support buying second hand cars. grin
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by sentix(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by ukata16(m): 8:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by d33types: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
ukata16:

Thanks, pls can you give me the number or address of where you di yours? I'm in lagos
'
'oops.. sorrry i'm based in benin.
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by clemz85(m): 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
the 1st pic look like diagnosing port for scanning
the other one look ECU electrical control unit or security console
Re: Device Found In My Car- Help Explain(pics) by Kelechi2020(m): 4:10am On Jul 12, 2016
Its a remote starter and also works as a starter disable (function of the relay socket in the second pics). With this device you can start your vehicle from a distance,disable the engine when you park in an unsecured zone,ensuring the vehicle never starts.

The first pics is a fake OBD port used to conceal the strange device to make sure its not easily spotted.The strange device is plugged onto the OBD(ECU diagnosing port) from behind so as to access the car security program.

this is called Obsessive security gadgets...

Do you know your car is ten times safe from theft with a tracking device installed...

Cal us on( check my signature)

(1) (Reply)

Low RPM, Sluggish Acceleration In Hyundai Accent / Highlander 2006 Vs Lexus RX 330 / 10 Most Expensive Mercedes-benz Cars Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.