Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira (15934 Views)

2019: Presidential Nomination Forms To Cost N10million / National Census / 2016 National Census To Cost n273bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Thatz gonna cost a lot sha.
But we need d govt to make adequate use of d valuable statistics that'll be got from d exercise in planning/deciding d state of d nation.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
They don't make use of the census data for strategic planning and development....so why conduct one.

All they do with the data is to collect world bank loan for projects that are doomed to fail before execution.

Waste of Money.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by tsdarkside(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
buhari,abegi,carry go,carry go............i know now nigeria is in good hands...me,happy.............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by tosingcfr(m): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
Haba! Make them no kuku count us then
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by ozo13(m): 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
Txonyi:
Biafra is what we need!!!!!!!!! Census or no census! Nigeria get ready, u will end come 2016! The north fought to get into power for this one reason, they want to keep their false population advantage and continue to eat oyel money coming from SS biafraland but we already know their plans. Like it or not, a war is coming if not this year, then next year! Buhari will break this country with his lies propaganda and wickedness just watch and wait till december 2016
we dey talk sense here bro.no vex
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Kayydon007: 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
This is insain. Spending billions of naira on counting people that the government can't account for this utter waste of money instead I suggest they spend half of it creating jobs and installing security for the people, electricity is there, pipe borne water is there construction of road is there, poor educational system is there to be improved. This just another channel of embezzling money!!!
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by dawtune(m): 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
tunshe:
This is why National ID and consistent quality data capture is important.

Updating birth,death and immigration records appropriately would have reduced our Census cost.

I hope we get it right this time.
The NPC Updates the Birth, Death and Other statistical data every year end. It isn't just enough compared to a large-scale census figure.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Kayydon007: 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
I think these leaders are getting their advice from a kinda gating pupils shame... it's a shame taking note of high level of poverty and still nothing can be done about it. Census is not meant for African countries to me because I don't see its importance.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by tsdarkside(m): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nikapetrelli:
So much money,Abeg make una no do

good governance,is about good planing...i understand buhari somehow,but,i am somehow christian(somehow)...i am 50 to 50...but it must be done,to manage nigeria better...the right hand must work simutaliously with the left hand,or else the ol body will look stvpid....
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Ibukune(m): 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
chinex276:
hmmm... Me na d holiday i dey look 4ward to. I remember 2006, i was in sec. School den (jss1), o'boy see enjoyment 4 house dat time.

i tell you to call me bros na, u no go gree, as u dey jss1 for 2006..
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
A census without a section for tribe n religion...... Is a great Scam.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
chinex276:
hmmm... Me na d holiday i dey look 4ward to. I remember 2006, i was in sec. School den (jss1), o'boy see enjoyment 4 house dat time.
So uptill now u still dey look forward to holidays? Sha u are still kid!

1 Like

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
Txonyi:
Biafra is what we need!!!!!!!!! Census or no census! Nigeria get ready, u will end come 2016! The north fought to get into power for this one reason, they want to keep their false population advantage and continue to eat oyel money coming from SS biafraland but we already know their plans. Like it or not, a war is coming if not this year, then next year! Buhari will break this country with his lies propaganda and wickedness just watch and wait till december 2016

Road to Biafra

1.Form a party like Sinn Fein in Northern Ireland, SNP in Scotland , and FLQ in Quebec.

2.You may join with other secessionist groups from across Nigeria to form a unified front.Call it the Nigerian Self Determination Party.

3.Win elections in LGA's and states.

4.Don't call for secession once no 3 has been achieved. Work hard and do much better than the PDP or APC in running the areas where you have won.

5.Based on a successful achievement of no 4....you will build lots of good will. Continue to win elections , and continue to show Nigerians you are doing a good job.

6.Then when you have won enough seats at the National and state assemblies....amend the constution to allow for self determination.

7. Hold your referedums....and when the win has been achieved...meet at Abuja or London(neutral venue) to discuss terms.

8.Happy Independence, Biafra!

P.S---It may take several decades. But if you consider the alternative....war....you would like my solution much better. Plus...you will learn to work with others well well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by harrow30: 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
273billion naira for census? Just a tot... Meaning they will sharing out part of the money to every counted Nigerian.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
Txonyi:
As a wise, if u do business last year without profit, common sense will to you to discontinue the business to avoid more lost.
You people fought war that took close to 3 million lives, millions of kwashiorkor and you still want to fight?

My brother, if I call u a fo0l, please don't take it as insult cos you are a fo0l for real.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Franky9584(m): 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Txonyi:
bro, do u say war? U go fit fight? I dont tink 'war" z d best option?

1 Like

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
This is a welcome development cos Nigeria has no real statistics. Every things is estimate. 170 million population is mere estimate, 70 million youths is mere estimate, million of unemployment is estimate...... we need real figure to make proper plan like a civilized country.
And they should make it a criminal offense if parents fail to report baby birth withing 7 days or family fail to report death with within 48 hours.....

This is how civilized countries run their business.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Franky9584(m): 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dollyak:
Potentially, this could be the best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long time. I am hoping for a biometric census, so that we can know who is who and how much each region has. This has the potential to change the political structure of Nigeria.
hahaha, u re talkng as if u no no 9ja again, d so called biometric census wil stil fail jx as it failed in d immediate past election.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Franky9584(m): 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmmm.... 273billion to count and document 180million people.. Make them kukuma share us the money then... Rubbish..
dat wil b nice atleast, i go get lik 1.5m
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
The cost skyrocketed because the Nigerian government fails to address the biometric national identity card for all citizens. Backward country. angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Bollove: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
I welcome biometric census to be harmonised with NIMC .... only Buhari can achieved this cuz North has been cheating National Census and NIMC since time !!!

Nigerians can't be more than 100million people ... All states usually cheat since Federal allocation is attached to Population among other parameters !!! ... The cheat of least populated state is closer to 1million or 1.5million !!

we have more people in the urban areas while little peeps at villages .... Villages with 100 peeps will be tagged 1000peeps ... 50 peeps will be tagged 500 , they always count goats and hens with cows join am !!!

Naija can never be 180million people !!!

2 Likes

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Hawlahscho(m): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
Brightology2:
Oya comot 4rm introvert seat
Lol, of course she is still a learner as busy as I'm grin
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by RingimKabir(m): 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
dearpreye:
We already know the result.

The North has the highest population.

The North has the highest number of states.

The North has the highest number of LGAs( Cost centres)

The North consequently gets more allocation from the Federal Account, though it's a burden to other regions of the nation.

There's no need for the census.

God will punish the British for this expensive experiment, especially Lord Lugard and Flora Shaw!

And God will punish all these generals, including the Southern few thieves who have continued to look the other way round.

True federalism or division. One must happen.

I DEY LAUGH!!!
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by anwo247: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
Kayydon007:
This is insain. Spending billions of naira on counting people that the government can't account for this utter waste of money instead I suggest they spend half of it creating jobs and installing security for the people, electricity is there, pipe borne water is there construction of road is there, poor educational system is there to be improved. This just another channel of embezzling money!!!

By 2019, his dullard Baba Go Slow must have turned to Baba Bus Stop.

Crook that's shouting "fight against corruption" to his gullible followers.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by anwo247: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
Kayydon007:

By 2019, this dullard also called Baba Go Slow must have turned to Baba Bus Stop.

Crook that's shouting "fight against corruption" to his gullible followers.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by lastpage: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Despite all the Censors we have been having, plus the National I.D card Scam and other "count yourself" shennanigans, WE ARE STILL INCAPABLE OF KNOWING OUR EXACT NUMBER! grin grin grin

Why do we keep wasting these enormous amounts of money on a project that we know, ab initio, that we intend to falsify and make nonsense of?

Cant we just invest the money in agriculture or Education where we can see the results?

Apparently, we have concluded that knowing our exact "Demographics" (as against falsified figures) is not so important in our national life, so what else?

Nonsense wastage.

Lastpage!
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by ojac1: 9:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hia! Wahala dey. See money.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by CyberWolf: 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dollyak:
Potentially, this could be the best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long time. I am hoping for a biometric census, so that we can know who is who and how much each region has. This has the potential to change the political structure of Nigeria.
Don't be surprised to see the North kick against it..
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by sonnie10: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Road to Biafra

1.Form a party like Sinn Fein in Northern Ireland, SNP in Scotland , and FLQ in Quebec.

2.You may join with other secessionist groups from across Nigeria to form a unified front.Call it the Nigerian Self Determination Party.

3.Win elections in LGA's and states.

4.Don't call for secession once no 3 has been achieved. Work hard and do much better than the PDP or APC in running the areas where you have won.

5.Based on a successful achievement of no 4....you will build lots of good will. Continue to win elections , and continue to show Nigerians you are doing a good job.

6.Then when you have won enough seats at the National and state assemblies....amend the constution to allow for self determination.

7. Hold your referedums....and when the win has been achieved...meet at Abuja or London(neutral venue) to discuss terms.

8.Happy Independence, Biafra!

P.S---It may take several decades. But if you consider the alternative....war....you would like my solution much better. Plus...you will learn to work with others well well.

Don't get too excited. In an idle situation where tribalism is not the order of the day, that plan might work out. History has it that the North would not have any thing to do with any political party that has it origin from the SE or SS. It is more possible for camel to pass through the eye os a needle than for APGA to win Councillor elections in the North.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by GboGboAye: 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
273 billy wetin?
Why?
Una too dey spend money on unnecessary things.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
shocked shocked shocked....ahh pls it should not be carried out!!! Facebook can help them!!!!WTH undecided
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
I Wå§ an enumerator in the last census. When the list of paired partners to do the house to house counting came out, I Wå§ paired with a lady called Elizabeth Onabanjo. I Wå§ happy because there were so many young beautiful girls that participated in the exercise. So I was eager τ̅☺ know who my partner Wå§. So I went τ̅☺ ฬђєгє the list Wå§ pasted aπϑ struggled my way τ̅☺ the front amidst the mammoth crowed trying τ̅☺ check their partner's name. After I got τ̅☺ the front, I saw M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ name aπϑ so I Wå§ tracing the name of M̶̲̥̅y partner with M̶̲̥̅γ finger to be sure if indeed the name Wå§ paired with mine because the arrangement of the names Wå§ somehow; then the owner of the name tapped me from behind, asking me if I Wå§ her partner. Happily, I replied Yes º°˚˚°ºo. But by the time I turned back τ̅☺ behold M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ census partner.....

Ć least, she shouldn't be older than 58yrs old.. I Wå§ sad throughout the exercise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Inspects Construction Of The Second Nkpogu Bridge/road.. Photos / Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners / Ganduje Vendetta Against Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.