Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin (31129 Views)

Why You Should Use Apple Hair Groom: 5 Advantages Of A Long Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
bqlekan:
just kidding, we all get sunburn but at a different degree. We can't underestimate what melanin does in all life forms.

Yes
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by MrCork: 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
misspicy:
Dark skin is cheaper and easy to maintain,most people refer to darkskinned peeps as naturally beautiful or handsome,infact darkskin represent our african legacy.so we checking out some advantages of been darkskinned,this post is aimmed at educating people who feel inferior because of their darkskin and become pressure to change their skin colour....just know that you are beautiful and handsome just the way you are...you dont need to listen to Mrcork because he secretly wish to be like you...Now lets get it on

1)You dont have to worry about maintaining your skin colour unlike Lightskinned people
Most times you see lightskinned peeps changing creams up and down all in the name of looking for one that suits their skin colour,they spend thousands of naira just to get a suitable cream and most times this products are not readily available,well darkskinned peeps need no bother about all that,all we do is buy shear butter or vaseline from any store or market and you are good to go,inshort it wunt cost us more than a hundred or two hundred naira

2)No one will accuse you of bleaching
Some people are accused of bleaching even if they are naturally lightskinned because of the crase of bleaching creams nowadays,in d race of trying to maintain their lightskin they go for damaging cosmectic products this is not the case if you are darkskinned,No one will even suggest that you are bleaching.you only look more radiant with #50 vaseline,although vaseline is getting scarce now thanks to our three legged brothers grin

3)wearing of bright coloured cloths won't bother you,because you look nice in them.
Have you all noticed a lightskinned girl on yellow or red gown,she looks like rainbow,a darkskinned person need no bother about colours because most colours look nice on them

4)A scar on the darkskin does not easily show unlike lightskin
unlike lightskinned people scars are almost invisible on darkskin,while it leaves a black patch on lightskin,most times they dont play rough and even avoid the use of sharp objects,they know it will leave an everlasting mark on them

5)wound heals faster on darkskin than lightskin
Have you all noticed that when a darkskinned person get a wound on their skin,it heals faster compared to a lightskinned person

The list is inexhaustible,please add yours.......

angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by MrCork: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
misspicy:
Dark skin is cheaper and easy to maintain,most people refer to darkskinned peeps as naturally beautiful or handsome,infact darkskin represent our african legacy.so we checking out some advantages of been darkskinned,this post is aimmed at educating people who feel inferior because of their darkskin and become pressure to change their skin colour....just know that you are beautiful and handsome just the way you are...you dont need to listen to Mrcork because he secretly wish to be like you...Now lets get it on

1)You dont have to worry about maintaining your skin colour unlike Lightskinned people
Most times you see lightskinned peeps changing creams up and down all in the name of looking for one that suits their skin colour,they spend thousands of naira just to get a suitable cream and most times this products are not readily available,well darkskinned peeps need no bother about all that,all we do is buy shear butter or vaseline from any store or market and you are good to go,inshort it wunt cost us more than a hundred or two hundred naira

2)No one will accuse you of bleaching
Some people are accused of bleaching even if they are naturally lightskinned because of the crase of bleaching creams nowadays,in d race of trying to maintain their lightskin they go for damaging cosmectic products this is not the case if you are darkskinned,No one will even suggest that you are bleaching.you only look more radiant with #50 vaseline,although vaseline is getting scarce now thanks to our three legged brothers grin

3)wearing of bright coloured cloths won't bother you,because you look nice in them.
Have you all noticed a lightskinned girl on yellow or red gown,she looks like rainbow,a darkskinned person need no bother about colours because most colours look nice on them

4)A scar on the darkskin does not easily show unlike lightskin
unlike lightskinned people scars are almost invisible on darkskin,while it leaves a black patch on lightskin,most times they dont play rough and even avoid the use of sharp objects,they know it will leave an everlasting mark on them

5)wound heals faster on darkskin than lightskin
Have you all noticed that when a darkskinned person get a wound on their skin,it heals faster compared to a lightskinned person

The list is inexhaustible,please add yours.......

...ok. sweery...so u addmit dakskin females like u is cheaper to maintain coz broke guys prefa them...abi?...is yor boy friend a taxi driver?...when waz the last time any bory take u to restaurant..cinima or even sef disco parrry? ...be honnest( no ofeense) angry

4 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by misspicy(f): 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrCork:

angry
Sowi bro,i feel ya pain,tongue
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by misspicy(f): 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrCork:

...ok. sweery...so u addmit dakskin females like u is cheaper to maintain coz broke guys prefa them...abi?...is yor boy friend a taxi driver?...when waz the last time any bory take u to restaurant..cinima or even sef disco parrry? ...be honnest( no ofeense) angry
And where in my post was dah assumption made?
anyway you and I know you envy darkskin people coz you neither dark nor light,you just they dertongue,sowi bro,top up ur prayer for a darkskinned wife so ur kids can be black beautiestongue
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by czarr(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
I'm light and never wanna be dark skinned,I can date dark girls,yes,prolly marry one, grin just so my children no go turn snow white for these depleted ozone layer oo.

.....there are some really beautiful dark girls sha...
grin,but I never see black beauty for nairaland

Wetin happen? angry
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
misspicy...you locking it down gurl, nice one from you! grin grin. #ProudlyDarkSkin# grin
misspicy...writing great things since 1920 grin grin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
MrCork:

This thread is "anti MrCork" a.k.a "Team Fair Skin Gals" grin grin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by misspicy(f): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
EmmaFantastic:
misspicy...you locking it down gurl, nice one from grin grin. #ProudlyDarkSkin# grin
misspicy...writing great things since 1920 grin grin
EmmaFantastic is the mangrin...u sef sabi better thing,no mind MrCork,he is just been corky...tongue
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
dangote7510:
u said it all, tank God am made of black.

Thanks which of the gods?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
we rock
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by ishiamu(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
bqlekan:
The light skin gets sun burn more often than the dark skin

Skin Allergy is more common in people with light skin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by freesinzu(m): 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gurgle:
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

1. Both light-skinned and dark-skinned people need take care of their skin. In fact it is easier to tell when a darker-skinned person has not creamed themselves well because the skin will turn white/grey and look dry. People who spend thousands on their light skin are self-conscious of losing their colour, but if they just leave themselves alone and apply a good suncream when its very bright outside, they will be ok.

2. No quarrel

3. There are certain shades that look better on both skin types. Just that certain colours go better together than others. Darker skinned people tend look better with bright, block colours like yellow/red like you said, because the contrast is more striking

4. Aside from genetics, people with darker skin tend to scar more easily than their lighter counterparts. They are also more likely to get raised scar formations called "keloids", which are very troublesome

5. The time a wound takes to heal has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour but with the person's health status. For example, somebody who lacks Vitamin K in their diet will bleed for a longer period of time when injured, because their blood will take longer to clot. This has nothing to do with skin colour

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH NUMBER 4
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by dare16: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Black is a good colour.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gurgle:
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

1. Both light-skinned and dark-skinned people need take care of their skin. In fact it is easier to tell when a darker-skinned person has not creamed themselves well because the skin will turn white/grey and look dry. People who spend thousands on their light skin are self-conscious of losing their colour, but if they just leave themselves alone and apply a good suncream when its very bright outside, they will be ok.

2. No quarrel

3. There are certain shades that look better on both skin types. Just that certain colours go better together than others. Darker skinned people tend look better with bright, block colours like yellow/red like you said, because the contrast is more striking

4. Aside from genetics, people with darker skin tend to scar more easily than their lighter counterparts. They are also more likely to get raised scar formations called "keloids", which are very troublesome

5. The time a wound takes to heal has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour but with the person's health status. For example, somebody who lacks Vitamin K in their diet will bleed for a longer period of time when injured, because their blood will take longer to clot. This has nothing to do with skin colour
U made more sense than the o.p

2 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by damyzino(m): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
too much heat can spoil white skin that is white pple wear only bikini in summer tongue
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by ignis: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
I don't agree with No. 5
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Matttthew(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
#Racism
#Racist
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
bqlekan:
you are right, but prolonged use of this cosmestics always have a side effect on our skin. Blocking of sweat pores, dirt accumulation which may later lead to infections, heat, and sometimes skin cancer. Seriously dark skin rules.

Dark skin doesn't rule,God created us equally, what you said is so wrong and disrespectful

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by vani86: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gurgle:
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

2. No quarrel

sweetheart thanks.

her 5th point really irked me on how un-enlightened she is.

OP pls provide evidence that darker skinned peeps heal faster than light skinned peeps.

do your research better next time, Nairalanders aint dumb, well some not all
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by erasokafor(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ebony is beautiful. All I can say is that I prefer black. I hv this phobia for white skinnerd but once u r black I can leak u up

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by erasokafor(m): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ebony is beautiful. All I can say is that I prefer black. I hv this phobia for white skinnerd but once u r black I can lick u up
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by seedorfg(m): 12:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
Black got swagg

Am proud to be black
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided

How did this thread full of falsehoods make the front page? smiley
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by noblegrex: 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Thumbs up for u,nice observation expecialy that num 4, my own addition is,if u want natural beauty,u can go for dark skin,reason been that;light skin peeps r always beautiful either natural or artificial I.e fake so,they needed more to maintain their skin for it not to turn kampala for bleachers,that is not to say that dark skin don't need maintenance o.but a dark skin,if u r ugly u r ugly n if u r beautiful,u r.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Holluwatarhyor(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
If u like list 1billion advantages.......I'm light skinned and so loving it
And mind you guys,I've not being using any cream for the past 10years now,because it makes me sweat,and my skin colour is still glowing....if I should start using cream,u'll think I'm an albino
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Chris95(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gurgle:
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

2. No quarrel

Nyz...U smart.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
In the process of granting dark skinned people self esteem, some lightskinned people will be hurt.
So, what to do?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by dasparrow: 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
@Post

Well said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Miss Nigeria 2016 Contestants / Suitable Cream To Even Out Uneven Skin Tone / T Shirts, Senator, Kaftan, Easy To Wear, Native Wear Male/female

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.