Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin (31128 Views)

Why You Should Use Apple Hair Groom: 5 Advantages Of A Long Hair (2) (3) (4)

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by enitey(f): 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
Loooool

This Op no just serious

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by RexTramadol1: 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
All I see is HOPE for the Dark headed and black skinned

Write more than 100 pages,na white bae I go marry

Who can compare Beyonce to Yemi Alade or Iara to Ambode's wife?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
misspicy:
Dark skin is cheaper and easy to maintain,most people refer to darkskinned peeps as naturally beautiful or handsome,infact darkskin represent our african legacy.so we checking out some advantages of been darkskinned,this post is aimmed at educating people who feel inferior because of their darkskin and become pressure to change their skin colour....just know that you are beautiful and handsome just the way you are...you dont need to listen to Mrcork because he secretly wish to be like you...Now lets get it on

1)You dont have to worry about maintaining your skin colour unlike Lightskinned people
Most times you see lightskinned peeps changing creams up and down all in the name of looking for one that suits their skin colour,they spend thousands of naira just to get a suitable cream and most times this products are not readily available,well darkskinned peeps need no bother about all that,all we do is buy shear butter or vaseline from any store or market and you are good to go,inshort it wunt cost us more than a hundred or two hundred naira

2)No one will accuse you of bleaching
Some people are accused of bleaching even if they are naturally lightskinned because of the crase of bleaching creams nowadays,in d race of trying to maintain their lightskin they go for damaging cosmectic products this is not the case if you are darkskinned,No one will even suggest that you are bleaching.you only look more radiant with #50 vaseline,although vaseline is getting scarce now thanks to our three legged brothers grin

3)wearing of bright coloured cloths won't bother you,because you look nice in them.
Have you all noticed a lightskinned girl on yellow or red gown,she looks like rainbow,a darkskinned person need no bother about colours because most colours look nice on them

4)A scar on the darkskin does not easily show unlike lightskin
unlike lightskinned people scars are almost invisible on darkskin,while it leaves a black patch on lightskin,most times they dont play rough and even avoid the use of sharp objects,they know it will leave an everlasting mark on them

5)wound heals faster on darkskin than lightskin
Have you all noticed that when a darkskinned person get a wound on their skin,it heals faster compared to a lightskinned person

The list is inexhaustible,please add yours.......
FALSE.

INFACT!! YOUR WRITEUP HAVE NO SIGNIFICANCE.

DID YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT MAKE A WOUND HEAL? undecided

RUBBISH angry

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
RexTramadol1:
All I see is HOPE for the Dark headed and black skinned

Write more than 100 pages,na white bae I go marry

Who can compare Beyonce to Yemi Alade or Iara to Ambode's wife?
MY NIGGA!!! CARRY ON
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
op that's not true, I'm light skinned and I don't bother myself on cream to use, I use pears baby lotion and my skin glitters. No one has ever accused me of bleaching and I put on any colour of cloth I like.

which one be wound heals faster, abeg go bleach if you're dark skinned and stop the hate
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by edward1984(m): 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gurgle:
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

1. Both light-skinned and dark-skinned people need take care of their skin. In fact it is easier to tell when a darker-skinned person has not creamed themselves well because the skin will turn white/grey and look dry. People who spend thousands on their light skin are self-conscious of losing their colour, but if they just leave themselves alone and apply a good suncream when its very bright outside, they will be ok.

2. No quarrel

3. There are certain shades that look better on both skin types. Just that certain colours go better together than others. Darker skinned people tend look better with bright, block colours like yellow/red like you said, because the contrast is more striking

4. Aside from genetics, people with darker skin tend to scar more easily than their lighter counterparts. They are also more likely to get raised scar formations called "keloids", which are very troublesome

5. The time a wound takes to heal has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour but with the person's health status. For example, somebody who lacks Vitamin K in their diet will bleed for a longer period of time when injured, because their blood will take longer to clot. This has nothing to do with skin colour

You said it all
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Justbeingreal(m): 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
cheesy ;DMehn have never seen dark skinned peepz console themselves like this lol, I'm light skinned and its so awesome I want my kids to be light skin too the advantage is just too much ppl treat u different, y do ppl buy bleaching cream have u ever seen anyone asking for darkening cream... wink

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Muaadh(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
Sure you guys are trying to convince yourselves with black /dark complexion so as to avoid heart attack.
Have you seen where a fair person wishes to go black, in our local movies, dark ppl are used as witches even if they are naturally fair they gats add colour to make them dark.

So why the trouble and fuss?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by BabbyDaddy(f): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
Are you in need of affordable, unique and quality tiles, WC, doors, wardrobes etc then; Bestmosaic LTD is here to satisfy your need. Contact us for both wholesale and retail/personal use @ Eleganza plaza Alaba suru, Lagos or better-still, call us on 09092072349
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Bollinger(m): 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
misspicy:
Dark skin is cheaper and easy to maintain,most people refer to darkskinned peeps as naturally beautiful or handsome,infact darkskin represent our african legacy.so we checking out some advantages of been darkskinned,this post is aimmed at educating people who feel inferior because of their darkskin and become pressure to change their skin colour....just know that you are beautiful and handsome just the way you are...you dont need to listen to Mrcork because he secretly wish to be like you...Now lets get it on

1)You dont have to worry about maintaining your skin colour unlike Lightskinned people
Most times you see lightskinned peeps changing creams up and down all in the name of looking for one that suits their skin colour,they spend thousands of naira just to get a suitable cream and most times this products are not readily available,well darkskinned peeps need no bother about all that,all we do is buy shear butter or vaseline from any store or market and you are good to go,inshort it wunt cost us more than a hundred or two hundred naira

Some people are accused of bleaching even if they are naturally lightskinned because of the crase of bleaching creams nowadays,in d race of trying to maintain their lightskin they go for damaging cosmectic products this is not the case if you are darkskinned,No one will even suggest that you are bleaching.you only look more radiant with #50 vaseline,although vaseline is getting scarce now thanks to our three legged brothers grin

3)wearing of bright coloured cloths won't bother you,because you look nice in them.
Have you all noticed a lightskinned girl on yellow or red gown,she looks like rainbow,a darkskinned person need no bother about colours because most colours look nice on them

unlike lightskinned people scars are almost invisible on darkskin,while it leaves a black patch on lightskin,most times they dont play rough and even avoid the use of sharp objects,they know it will leave an everlasting mark on them

Have you all noticed that when a darkskinned person get a wound on their skin,it heals faster compared to a lightskinned person

Another 12 years old's topic.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
What is this fūckery?! Come, you children should not bring this dark-skin/light-skin debate to this country - we already have enough problems especially with corruption and tribalism.

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Happiness87(f): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gurgle:
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

1. Both light-skinned and dark-skinned people need take care of their skin. In fact it is easier to tell when a darker-skinned person has not creamed themselves well because the skin will turn white/grey and look dry. People who spend thousands on their light skin are self-conscious of losing their colour, but if they just leave themselves alone and apply a good suncream when its very bright outside, they will be ok.

2. No quarrel

3. There are certain shades that look better on both skin types. Just that certain colours go better together than others. Darker skinned people tend look better with bright, block colours like yellow/red like you said, because the contrast is more striking

4. Aside from genetics, people with darker skin tend to scar more easily than their lighter counterparts. They are also more likely to get raised scar formations called "keloids", which are very troublesome

5. The time a wound takes to heal has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour but with the person's health status. For example, somebody who lacks Vitamin K in their diet will bleed for a longer period of time when injured, because their blood will take longer to clot. This has nothing to do with skin colour
that's my girl, very intelligent and smart
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Great009: 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Abeg who tell dis op say light skin peepsde bleach? Abi na dark skin wan imitate light skin people de bleach... Mtschew

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by arabianights: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
Dark skinned people never age on time,FACT.
The complexion is more valuable than light skinned.Should i decide to be light skinned, in one week i can achieve it but no light skinned person can ever be dark;thats how expensive the complexion is

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by hokaamoy: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
Dark skin is low maintenance and that's enough for me grin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by GiftUbani: 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
wow! so pple feel inferior bkos of dia skin color(esp. Dark skinned)? Tel me more :oso I am dark skinned nd av neva felt inferior! I neva knew
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by chynergy1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
all this trash.........
or rather remodel it to 'advantage of dark skin over bleached skin'

my light skin is original and i dont ave any of the anomaly.

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by blessingee: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
Can someone at least post a picture of a very beautiful dark skinned ladyguy and a very very beautiful light skinned lady/guy so we have better grounds of comparison instead of this abstract comparison?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by kamez(m): 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
what ever. I'm light skinned and I love it
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by ahamonyeka(m): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
No coke and fanta.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by uzolexis(f): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Anybody can have sun burn if the skin is not properly taken care of wen going out, that's y tz good to apply sunscreen whenever u go out. Infact sunscreens re recommended for everybody
I beg to disagree on this. I'm not saying one skin tone is better than the other but you are more susceptible 2 sun burn if u r light skinned. I went 2 d beach with some of my friends last week(oyibo pple). Twas really hot about 35 degrees, they even used sun screen but they still got roasted.they were so red when we got back and their body was hurting all over. Now their skin is peeling n all but me, I don't feel nothing,i was just fine and I didn't even use sun screen.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Rajosh(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
number one is so wrong. because you're dark skinned doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of your skin. leave your skin uncared for and see how dirty you'll look. that's Dirty black.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
Am black and proud.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by enitey(f): 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
Your wounds tends to heal faster based on what you eat
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by bummyla(m): 2:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Correct! Black Is Beautiful! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Austinio: 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
misspicy:

nonsense thread. If you dont have some thing good just stay still.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Mekky05(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
Op,re-name your thread to "Black skin hating Light skin",cuz all this crap you wrote na "naija" mentality! And last time I checked,your not even anywhere close to been a "Dermatologist".
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Ademat7(m): 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
esosa993:

Dark skin doesn't rule,God created us equally, what you said is so wrong and disrespectful
1000likes for U,hw could we africans be discriminating fellow citizen dat r fair in complexion all because we want to help d self esteem of black #bad btw am black!

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by wtfCode: 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
there are many advantages of dark skin over light skin.
-at old age, dark skin looks more firm than light skin. Light skinned people looks more ugly at old age.
-light skin doesn't survive much under the sun as dark skin. Good knows why he made africans black cus of the high sunshine intensity.
-dark skin can survive on any climate,weather or temperature more than any light skin.
-skin problems are easily noticed on ligh skin than dark skin.
There many more...
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
That's it??anyhw sha proudly black..
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol u re right tho m not light skinned, m caramel skinned grin but I do maintain it too

how do u maintain ur caramel skintone.pls share ur beauty regimen wit me. #puppy eyes

Photos Of Miss Nigeria 2016 Contestants / Suitable Cream To Even Out Uneven Skin Tone / What To Use? Fair And White Gold 1, Gold 2, Gold 3 Or F&w So White?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55