Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. (51402 Views)

Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria / Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? / See This Cute Picture Of Twins That Married Twins And Gave Birth To Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by priscaoge(f): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2015
SIRKAY98:

it is as if you want more people to join you in your divorce issue? nooooo . when men beat a woman you forgot the woman is a goat?

What is this one saying? undecided
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by EmmyDe25(m): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2015
passionate88:
NO. 5 Are you serious?.. That's just f*+kd up!. While at it, can I still pay for pants, her tissues, her paloma, her pad too?. What ever happened to the 'financial independent' that you girls all shout about?. Did you girls attend a different school from us?
My point exactly. They preach and advocate independence, yet they want Men to buy them the littlest thing like powder.
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by anumide(f): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2015
illiad1:
If there are 20 mistakes married men make, there are 100 married women make!

And I can list them for y'all ladies.

1 they stop dressing well
2 they want to imprison their husband
3 they get fat mostly due to lack of exercise
4 they fight their husband relatives
5 they want to control their husband
6 they get dirty
7 they pile up the house with loads
8 they don't want you to hang out with guys
9 they become impatient
10 some cheat
11 some complain about sex
12 some cook what you don't eat
13 they nagg
14 they fight you over little/nothing
15 they hate their mother inlaw
16 they questions your decisions
17 they wanna go through your call list
18 they wanna come to your office for...
19 they wanna choose your secretary
20 they don't want fine house helps
21 they abuse their husbands at will
22 some get very greedy
23 some become extremely rude
24 some use your children to fight you
25 some push their man towards crime
26 some frustrate their husbands life
27 they suspect you unnecessarily
28 they demand an inventory of your outing
29 they accuse you of being stingy
30 they cook late watching Africa Magic
31 some turn their husbands to ATM
32 some forget home become career women
33 some hand over husband to house help
34 some become lazy & reduced to gossips
35 some deny their husbands sex
36 some become feminists in Africa
37 they run mouths like grinding machines
38 they compare dia husband to moneybags
39 some become diabolical
40 some listen more to friends than husband

Bros e remain 60 na?
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by anumide(f): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2015
IdiAmin1:
I didn't only read it, I digested it and have planned on correcting my own errors as a husband but ladies' version should also be looked into.
the ladies version made FP several days ago.
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by EmmyDe25(m): 9:39am On Aug 13, 2015
delectablegyal:

Source: http://adegboyegailori.com/20-costly-mistakes-married-men-make/
The Point 5 though. Okay, lets deviate a bit. so if i tell my girlfriend to improve her looks/wardrobe, i have to finance her? Exactly why it is not ideal to go after an anyhow babe. Of course taking her shopping isn't out of point and buying her things you think would look good on her will be seen as an act of good gesture, but then, you should know when to draw the line between buying things for yourself and having your boyfriend do that for you.
These days, its just annoying how 'some' ladies see going into a relationship as a means to make money off a guy.
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by anumide(f): 9:50am On Aug 13, 2015
passionate88:
This thread is wacked from the first point... The man is the 'PHYSICAL' Head of the home, the woman might be spiritually stronger thab the man.
the reason women seem spiritually stronger is because men had failed in that duty. Christ is the spiritual head of the Man, the Man is the spiritual covering of the woman. 1 cor 11:3.
somewhere in the bible Paul asked women to go home and ask their husbands questions concerning spiritual matters. if the men are less sound than the women, how will they teach their women?
Homes were the men are spiritual and sound are beautiful to live in.
my mum may wake me up at night to pray; if I like, I can roll back and ignore her. but once it's my Dad, sleep don clear be that. he is not harsh or anything like that, he has just taken his place in spiritual leadership

1 Like

Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by BioGreen: 9:50am On Aug 13, 2015
Nice piece but your profile picture seems to be at variance with... shocked
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by illiad1(m): 9:55am On Aug 13, 2015
anumide:

Bros e remain 60 na?

Sweetheart I don't want y'all thinking I don't appreciate your greatness & specialness....I DO WITH ALL MY HEART!

I was only highlighting human errors on that list, not to talk down on women by any means! I can make an equal list for men too as we are all imperfect.
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by anumide(f): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
illiad1:

Sweetheart I don't want y'all thinking I don't appreciate your greatness & specialness....I DO WITH ALL MY HEART!

I was only highlighting human errors on that list, not to talk down on women by any means! I can make an equal list for men too as we are all imperfect.
ok

1 Like

Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by AB10(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2015
Another day another list

lol... New write ups don't fall from the sky eh
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by Excellentmind: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2015
illiad1:

6 they get dirty
9 they become impatient
10 some cheat
13 they nagg
22 some get very greedy

41. They become opposition to their husbands
42. They go into competition with their husbands
43. They become angels outside and wicked inside
44. Her money is hers and husband's is for all
45. She wants to decide how husband's salary is spent

1 Like

Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by illiad1(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2015
Excellentmind:

41. They become opposition to their husbands
42. They go into competition with their husbands
43. They become angels outside and wicked inside
44. Her money is hers and husband's is for all
45. She wants to decide how husband's salary is spent

Lol
Very so right!

My brother I was to go a hundred list, but I don't want them ladies thinking am talking down on them, when I was only highlighting the mistakes some ladies make, to which of course I could make a parallel list for men too, as none is perfect.

1 Like

Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by Excellentmind: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2015
illiad1:

Lol
Very so right!

My brother I was to go a hundred list, but I don't want them ladies thinking am talking down on them, when I was only highlighting the mistakes some ladies make, to which of course I could make a parallel list for men too, as none is perfect.

Yes, no one is perfect, but for the sake of correction, they need to be highlighted for some of them to change and remain in their marriages.

1 Like

Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by timilinda(f): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2015
illiad1:

6 they get dirty
9 they become impatient
10 some cheat
13 they nagg
22 some get very greedy

I hope u r nt married? Pls don't ever get married ooo! Wait until u get to Heaven cos that's where u can find a wife without any of these faults.

1 Like

Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by emmabest2000(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2015
Ok
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by bemyguest(f): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
illiad1:

6 they get dirty
9 they become impatient
10 some cheat
13 they nagg
22 some get very greedy

This happens when the husband is not responsible. According to the op.
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by illiad1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
bemyguest:

Lol

Actually they happen when you're with the wrong woman
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by onunwa21(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
men wen last did u take ur family out 4 swimming, watching sport, playing cards, chess, and most importantly telling them one afta d oda, how much u LOVE them.
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by Excellentmind: 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
bemyguest:

No, it happens when the woman is irresponsible!
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by jimmynauty: 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
k
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by bigJosh101(m): 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
Instead of some people to be trying to make amends they will now be like "nobody is perfect"...
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by kennyjodeci(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nice piece
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by chudidonas(m): 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
passionate88:
NO. 5 Are you serious?.. That's just f*+kd up!. While at it, can I still pay for pants, her tissues, her paloma, her pad too?. What ever happened to the 'financial independent' that you girls all shout about?. Did you girls attend a different school from us?

LOL.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by gayeobasan(m): 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
God would help us.However,i believe the ladies should do the needful, like i tell my wife if you understand your husband you can ask him for his eye ball and he would gladly pluck them for you immediately.The bible says a good woman build her home while a foolish one destroys hers,food for thought
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by passionate88: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
anumide:

the reason women seem spiritually stronger is because men had failed in that duty. Christ is the spiritual head of the Man, the Man is the spiritual covering of the woman. 1 cor 11:3.
somewhere in the bible Paul asked women to go home and ask their husbands questions concerning spiritual matters. if the men are less sound than the women, how will they teach their women?
Homes were the men are spiritual and sound are beautiful to live in.
my mum may wake me up at night to pray; if I like, I can roll back and ignore her. but once it's my Dad, sleep don clear be that. he is not harsh or anything like that, he has just taken his place in spiritual leadership
@bolded, that's not spiritual leadership at work, that's the respect and fear you have for your dad... At home if I don't want to be disturbed and my dad called me, I will pretend As if I am sleeping or I didn't hear him but if it was my mom, I will answer. Spirituality doesn't come into play in this situation... I respect my parents but I have this soft spot for my mom so I try to do good by her.
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by passionate88: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
EmmyDe25:

The Point 5 though. Okay, lets deviate a bit. so if i tell my girlfriend to improve her looks/wardrobe, i have to finance her? Exactly why it is not ideal to go after an anyhow babe. Of course taking her shopping isn't out of point and buying her things you think would look good on her will be seen as an act of good gesture, but then, you should know when to draw the line between buying things for yourself and having your boyfriend do that for you.
These days, its just annoying how 'some' ladies see going into a relationship as a means to make money off a guy.
Having a relationship with the opposite sex is like securing a job in the eyes of a Nigerian girl... The guy will be expected to cater to her needs, her parents needs, siblings, even grand parents too. That's why I don't have compassion on them when I read/hear stories of how guys use and dump them.. Always depending on guys for this and that. Buncha lazy greedy bastards
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by anumide(f): 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
passionate88:
@bolded, that's not spiritual leadership at work, that's the respect and fear you have for your dad... At home if I don't want to be disturbed and my dad called me, I will pretend As if I am sleeping or I didn't hear him but if it was my mom, I will answer. Spirituality doesn't come into play in this situation... I respect my parents but I have this soft spot for my mom so I try to do good by her.
Nope, I am not afraid of my dad, of the both of them, my mum is the tigress sef.
Leave my example alone, don't build your point around it, under normal conditions, men should be the spiritual leaders of their homes.

1 Like

Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by passionate88: 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
anumide:

Nope, I am not afraid of my dad, of the both of them, my mum is the tigress sef.
Leave my example alone, don't build your point around it, under normal conditions, men should be the spiritual leaders of their homes.
What's normal?. So if I mistakenly married a girl that is later called to serve as a Pastor, I should be her 'HEAD' spiritually?
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by xerxes456(m): 1:06am On Aug 14, 2015
passionate88:
This thread is wacked from the first point... The man is the 'PHYSICAL' Head of the home, the woman might be spiritually stronger than the man.
wrong... When dat hapenns things would xdefinitely go worst...
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by xerxes456(m): 1:11am On Aug 14, 2015
passionate88:
What's normal?. So if I mistakenly married a girl that is later called to serve as a Pastor, I should be her 'HEAD' spiritually?
yes.... In the home u r the heAd as d man... U cannot shyyy away and expect miracles. To just happen...
Re: 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. by anumide(f): 2:57am On Aug 14, 2015
passionate88:
so because you married a girl with title, its ok to stay stunted spiritually Abi?
The only place where the wife can head spiritually is if she is married to a man who isn't born again, that doesn't exactly qualify as a normal situation.
Joyce Meyers is a pastor, but you need to see how much attention she pays when Dave says 'God said'.
As a wife, if God tells me something about my family and my husband isn't buying the idea, I don't break rank, I pray him into it. My calling is very much different from my leadership positions.
but you won't agree.
#peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Is Using Excuses To Abandon Me / I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption / Nigerian Man Proudly Shows Off His 2 Wives (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.