Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola (721 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Bukola Saraki’s Assets Form Not Verified By EFCC , Says Witness / Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 2:45am On Aug 12, 2015
August 12, 2015 : Femi Makinde

The Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has said he is not afraid of being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The governor, who said this in response to the petition written against him by Mr. Yinka Odumakin to the EFCC, described the efforts of those who he called blackmailers as exercises in futility.

The governor’s response was contained in a statement made available to our correspondent by his media aide, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, on Tuesday.

Aregbesola said he had been commended by the ICPC for the prudent manner he was managing the resources of the state.

The statement partly read, “Aregbesola has a record that will be hard to beat in public finance especially given the magnitude of the works done in relation to the resources that are available to the state.

“Please, let them ask the ICPC when they take their petition there next time for a copy of a letter by the anti-graft body written to Governor Aregbesola last year which formed the basis of the agency’s resolve to have Governor Aregbesola as the lead speaker at its lecture in 2014.

“Perhaps, that will further confirm why their efforts to blackmail this governor are exercises in futility.”

Odumakin, who is an indigene of Osun State but based in Lagos State, is one of the brains behind the Osun Stakeholders’ Summit which was allegedly prevented from holding in Osogbo, the state capital.

He accused the governor of massive corruption and financial recklessness which according to him had plunged the state into a financial mess.

He stated that the state and its citizens had been turned into objects of ridicule due to the alleged recklessness of the Aregbesola administration.

He said in the petition, “In addition, the state is littered with abandoned projects even though loans were secured by this administration to execute them. Today, our dear state has become the embodiment of lack, poverty, purposelessness and wickedness.”

Lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-not-afraid-of-efcc-says-aregbesola/

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 2:49am On Aug 12, 2015
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola is ready to forgo his immunity and face EFCC any time?

Where is the EFCC? Time to ACT is NOW!

No hiding place for treasury looters. PMB time to swing into actions, enough of fruitless promises.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 12, 2015
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by SenJoe(m): 2:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Chief of debtors @ it again! Wait, ki ni problem didirin yi now?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by wapSmart(m): 3:22am On Aug 12, 2015
Good, everybody seems to be ready because this new era things aint going to be treated with trembling and chicken hands.

Nobody is going to be pardon irrespective of the party you are pitching your tent with, be it APC, PDP, ANPP, LP if you are found to be one of those that have hewn the country or in one way or the other alone gulp what belongs to your state then you will be punish.

Aregbesola should stop saying ICPC commended him on the prudent manner he was managing the resources of the state for that was in 2014 we are currently in the year 2015.

The earlier the better Aregbesola found a lasting solution to the quagmire Osun is currently battling with.

EFCC its about time, if a petition has been submit then do the needful since Aregbesola is already shooting the arrow.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by Demmocrats(m): 3:40am On Aug 12, 2015
Ehe what about kirikiri
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 12, 2015
If you are found guilty, you go spend some jail time with the people that believe that 'stealing is not corruption' Ogbeni.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by omisakint: 7:14am On Aug 12, 2015
Why will you be afaird? Since the new efcc boss na your mentor tinibu padi

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by POPdecorator: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2015
Well done jare our good gov. EFCC no feel do u anytin
but to say d truth aregbe realy try ,come to osun to com see mega school,good road,security

since aregbe in office we never heard of robbers in our banks as be4
tanks mr arebge we osun ppl dey ur back digbi
osun adara hooooo
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by fastypasty: 8:27am On Aug 12, 2015
interesting
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2015
Firefire:
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola is ready to forgo his immunity and face EFCC any time?

Where is the EFCC? Time to ACT is NOW!

No hiding place for treasury looters. PMB time to swing into actions, enough of fruitless promises.

Larmode how far?
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of EFCC, Says Aregbesola by dridowu: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2015
I am not afraid of EFCC-Ogbeni Aregbesola
What a confidence talk
Now time for EFCC to swing into action to investigate anything pertaining to Osun Financial Record.

(1) (Reply)

5K Stipend: Amaechi's Ass-licker Runs Amok. / The Real Peter Obi / Akwa Ibom Gov's Driver Not An Impersonator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.