Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa (1157 Views)

Obiano's Wife Donates Ultramodern Toilet To Her Kinsmen After 3 Year In Office / Jonathan’s Kinsmen Lament Four-year Power Outage / Stop Fighting Tinubu – Kinsmen Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Sanchez01: 5:23am On Aug 12, 2015
Kinsmen of former President Goodluck Jonathan, including Senator Clever Ikisikpo have said they left the Peoples Democratic Party because of the party’s method of operation.

Ikisikpo, a former representative of Bayelsa-East senatorial district in the Senate, spoke at a news conference on Tuesday at Kolo Creek in the Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

The senator said he and past federal and state lawmakers as well as former political office holders from Ogbia dumped the PDP because “it was being run like a one-man business.”

He said they joined the All Progressives Congress because of the transparency, internal democracy, equity and fairness in the party.

It was learnt that many residents in the area besieged the home of the former senator to indicate their interest to join him in the APC.

Ikisipo said, “What is happening is historic in the sense that we have now joined a new party and that is the reigning party.

“We will make sure that the APC becomes the ruling party in Bayelsa State and by the grace of God, come December 2015, the APC will take over this state. Of course, we are all ready to work as a team to make sure that we achieve our goal”.

The senator, who said he joined the PDP in 1998, explained that he left the party when it derailed from its founding principles.

He said the PDP was hijacked by “one man,” lamenting that the level of impunity in the party in the state was unbearable.

He said, “We formed the PDP in Bayelsa State. We made the PDP in Bayelsa but those who do not know how it came about came from behind and hijacked the party. I wont belong to a party where there is a high level of impunity, so I went to a system where there is transparency.

“I went to a place where the voice of every person is recognised, not a situation where only one person will dictate the pace for everybody. You cannot decide my destiny because it is God that gave me that destiny.”
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-kinsmen-defect-to-apc-in-bayelsa/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by boboLIL(m): 5:25am On Aug 12, 2015
E no change anytin.... It shows how stupidity they are ...tho not a biggie
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by doublestrika: 5:26am On Aug 12, 2015
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Demmocrats(m): 5:30am On Aug 12, 2015
You joined APC because of internal wetin Mr man go and drink your medication it seems you are low on sugar you joined APC because of your pocket and quest for more power

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Bishop4bella(m): 5:32am On Aug 12, 2015
boboLIL:
E no change anytin.... It shows how stupidity they are ...tho not a biggie

Stupidity of the highest order....Let's see if they will the operations of APC.

APC will accept the because they want take over the state.

Boda Jona what ar u up to nw dt u ar at home?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Kalvan: 5:35am On Aug 12, 2015
LOL!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by wallex1983(m): 5:44am On Aug 12, 2015
Wake me up when mama piss defects
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by mysteriousman(m): 5:48am On Aug 12, 2015
It's good news and bad news, good news for APC and bad news for nigeria's democracy, fir if we are to birthday better there must be a strong oppositon

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by morbeta(m): 5:48am On Aug 12, 2015
Goat follows he dat carry the palm-front.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by morbeta(m): 5:49am On Aug 12, 2015
Goat follows he dat carries the palm-front.
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 12, 2015
Jonathan is planning to rebuild PDP at the national level.....!!!

But I thought charity should begin at home

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by isbish(m): 6:13am On Aug 12, 2015
Not a fan of people cross-carpeting to parties here and there. However, this is good news for APC and like earlier said by someone up there is bad for democracy. Those defecting must be made to understand that Change is for real and they must conform to it. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by boboLIL(m): 6:56am On Aug 12, 2015
Bishop4bella:

Stupidity of the highest order....Let's see if they will the operations of APC.
APC will accept the because they want take over the state.
Boda Jona what ar u up to nw dt u ar at home?
be'ast go and die
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 12, 2015
Apc should stop accepting traitors into its fold
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Ddonoflife(m): 6:59am On Aug 12, 2015
Kk
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Sanchez01: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2015
I see no reason why the APC should accept these folks. If the APC is interested in the country's democracy, they should start rejecting defectors.

Cc

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by sammyj: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2015
Thesame people that supported the clueless one tooth and tongue during the last election and all through out his regime. APC should be mindful of moles that will come and destroy the party! !!
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by olatade(m): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2015
PDP members defecting to APC in Bayelsa state are shame and serious disgrace to Nigeria democracy . they are not discipined and lack principles . had Jonathan won the election would they have detected to APC ? Or have they forgotten their roles against the apc during the campaigns ? Why are people nt disciplined in Africa? My prayer is that God will bless those that made this change in Nigeria possible . i specially pray that the good God shall reward Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu and Rotimi Amachi for their roles, efforts, risks and finances to ensure that this a change became a reality . and to those who voted for Buhari during the election , God bles u all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by ZeezaRapture(m): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2015
Too late. You should have joined when the likes of Amaechi were hustling to make today's dream come true
Re: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Sanchez01: 8:41am On Aug 12, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
Too late. You should have joined when the likes of Amaechi were hustling to make today's dream come true
They couldn't have joined at the time because they're "Edge-like"; opportunists. As much as defectors are defectors, those who do so in Bayelsa, the very own state of the immediate past president, are worse and terrible. The APC should kick them out abeg. Let them stay in the PDP to build the dying party. We need a viable opposition to match the APC and keep them on their toes ahead of 2019.

Regardless, I'd rather 'waste' my vote on KOWA than on PDP.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ace Commedian I Go Dye Thrills VP Prof Osinbanjo / Military Air Plane Crashes In Kaduna / Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.