Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari (50563 Views)

Makarfi Faction Disagrees With Peace Committee, Calls Them Nonentity / We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari / Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Reference(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2015
This sensationalism is getting out of hand. This government was elected by popular mandate, why does it have to govern by private interests. If it has promised to probe it should just go ahead and do it instead of all these grand standing and media play. If it is going to probe the Jonathan administration then why is it hosting Jonathan and others.

This will only lead to the kind of compromises that will sink the government, the bane of this country for too long. Abeg they should go ahead and probe whoever they want to probe and face the consequences. Already because of the media frenzy it is clear the Halliburton scan is dead in the water leaving the administration's image in the US decidedly questionable. There was no need exempting anyone from any probe but having blundered why then make so much noise about it further damaging your system.

That is what he did in 84. They made so much noise, enough siren so corruption had enough notice to prepare and fight back. The same thing all over again.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by vikyno(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2015
Can someone pls summarize the Epistle for me? I never bothered to read it when I discovered SR is the source.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by PenSniper: 11:15am On Aug 12, 2015
UmuEri:
Confirmed! Lair Mohamed is the publisher of Sahara reporters. That is why the news media is alwaz filled with liesssss!

In another news, the peace committee denied ever coming to beg Buhari on GEJ's behalf.

Believe this evil news media at your own risk

Trash
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Folabimi(m): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Ghen-ghen! Action don start
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by PenSniper: 11:26am On Aug 12, 2015
kaypound:
May PMB live long to see the end of his enemies and all corrupt past officials of this country.
something tells me he will still come back and probe the obansanjos, tinubus, abdulsalaam and co...in the nearest future. i think he is just using jonathan as a starting point before unleshing on the main targets....maybe if he gets a second term.. which i see he has already laid the road map as he has put his stooge in inec..aminat zakari....seems he knows what he is doing.
the inec boss is there to win him the 2nd term election at whatever cost
with or without the party. Its obivous he is dealing with only close loyalist to him like the present DSS, inec boss and co... unlike jonathan (clueless) who brought enemies (Dasuki and
FFK) into his fold and they helped him run down his govt and campaign.
anyways for me that is just my conspiracy theory in my head. however he does it i really dont
care....i just want to read that corrupt people are answering their father's name in jail and nigeria is a better place.

Quite a sensible post. My wish also
especially Obj.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Cvesta(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2015
uselessgoat:
[size=13pt]

This so called ABDULSALAM is a big stumbling block to the fight against corruption with his bogus peace committee begging for leniency for criminals.

GEJ AND NNAMDI KANU MUST BE TRIED AND SENT TO LIFE JAIL. enough is enuf[/size]

undecided undecided
Abdusalami is a big crook with very dirty hands himself...he obviously is a big beneficiary of GEJ corruption ridden Administration
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by bmos(m): 11:33am On Aug 12, 2015
DjAndroid:
I am a Jonathan's supporter (not PDP) but whatever means PMB intends to remedy this country, let him go ahead. Are we not tired of the same story everyday?

Let him probe anyone provided the probe will recover stolen funds.

Thank you Mr Man. You have spoken well.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2015
sweetgala:

Obasanjo, Atiku and Tinubu are far bigger fish than GEJ. Those guys are scheming foxes it would be very difficult to corner them. Any case against them must be solid and before you can get to them their system of support must be eroded.

Before you can get to Tinubu many APC loyalists must be cornered, before Atiku can be exposed the senate president must be weakened. Like you said it might be a job for another day.

GEJ played himself into PMB hand by being very crude in his governance. He left too many trails he didn't care much for being discrete

Before you go after GEJ,Nigeria must find another source of revenue besides oil!!! Lol it is even easier to go after OBJ,Tinubu than to go after GEJ.

The majority leader in osun state is now sweeping floor,when the ND militancy resumes. He will be mopping the floor

1 Like

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by bmos(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2015
olatemitayo:
Dear God, please protect and uphold GMB. Let him not be drowned by those who instead of repenting and restituting, are busy devising means to escape the consequences of the grave ills they have done to our country Nigeria and her great citizens. Confuse their language and set them in disarray... Amen!

Amen Amen and Amen. Just how long shall we continue to remain at the mercy of thrde hoodlums?
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Pierocash(m): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

You must be a Yoruba man because it is only the Yorubas that take that man that sleeps with his son's wife serious. Obj is nothing, nobody takes him serious
That was what they told d clueless Otuoke man that Obj is nothing, nw he is running around, no peace of mind.Whether he slept with his son's wife or not, that is his own family palava.The moral lesson is that u dnt bite d finger that fed u, cos u wil pay for it just like he is running around nw.Obj is a force to reckon with in world politics, hate him or luv him, it doesn't change d fact.undermine him at ur own peril.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by DrWillie(m): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2015
I wonder what type of juju this white people have used on our youths. If not how could someone be openly biased and blinded.
-Fact PMB cannot jail GEJ except the country wants big wahala of no return.
- Fact PMB, OBJ, TINUBU etc have all stolen public funds or been corrupt so why are u silent about them calling them corruption fighters.
- Fact any one closing their eyes to these ppl and shouting that PMB is fighting corruption is a hypocrite and is one of this country's wahala.

SHIKEENA!!

1 Like

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by WOCKHARDI(m): 11:44am On Aug 12, 2015
It is hereby recommended that Buhari should spend his first 4 years in office probing Nigeria's looted funds since 1960. You can imagine how much we will recover. With such heavy recovered monies, we can now reelect him for another 4 years to utilize the fund to fix Nigeria once and for all.
Oh what a blissful and corruption free country Nigeria will be. Afterall anything worth doing ( probing ) is worth doing well. Yes?

1 Like

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Judea2580: 11:44am On Aug 12, 2015
even the unborn child now knows the meaning of probing. President Buhari should stop procrastinating, he should stand up and do his duty as a man and stop procrastination because we are tired of this word 'probing'
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by live4ever: 11:46am On Aug 12, 2015
merry02:
u re backing them!let everybody account for his deeds!

Hmm. True and agreed, but let him take things a step at a time. I personally think it Wld be easier to deal with previous ones if he focus first on the immediate past government.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by digitsolution: 11:46am On Aug 12, 2015
This is getting interesting. Let's see what will happen time will tell........

For all your branding Contact Digit One Solution for your Branding, Printing, Production & supply of Promotional items, Conference and Training supplies, Stationery, Carrier Bags, Air freshener and many more.

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by TheFreeOne: 11:48am On Aug 12, 2015
activelyA:
sad undecided
I almost belived but when I saw that the source was sahara reporters, I changed my mind undecided

A member of the committee reverend father Kukah has debunked this rumour. He said on channels tv that Gej never send emissaries nor contacted members of the committee to discuss/beg Buhari regarding the issue of probing him or members of immediate past administration.

Their meeting with buhari was to discuss how to maintain peace in the country.

But unfortunately simpletons always believe any propaganda from Gej haters.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2015
UmuEri:
Confirmed! Lair Mohamed is the publisher of Sahara reporters. That is why the news media is alwaz filled with liesssss!

In another news, the peace committee denied ever coming to beg Buhari on GEJ's behalf.

Bros I for no believe Dis story too ooo
but wen I saw dat pastor with a long chain like D BAnj.
D Pastor with a long stick like Don JAzzy.
I mean D Pastor wey dem tak him plane dey steal our Money .
That's how I knw dey were sent bY GEJ

1 Like

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by jonbat(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2015
UmuEri:

U MUST B A FULL MY FRIEND.
SOO SEELLY OF U.

U SHOULD B TIED TO A TREE

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 12, 2015
olatemitayo:
Dear God, please protect and uphold GMB. Let him not be drowned by those who instead of repenting and restituting, are busy devising means to escape the consequences of the grave ills they have done to our country Nigeria and her great citizens. Confuse their language and set them in disarray... Amen!

amen...!amen...!! amen!!!
In fact, i cant say enof of this...
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by julius2825(m): 11:53am On Aug 12, 2015
I posted a link earlier, and we where far behind, but now we are leading, thanks to those who have voted. if you are just seeing this, a foundation that has been giving employment to unemployed youths in Nigeria have been nominated by the UN for an award, the group is leading now and other groups are in pursuit so Nairalanders 'west African vocational education ' wave is still seeking your vote, click on the link and scroll down and click on west African vocational education wave and then vote, make a Nairalander proud, make a Nigerian proud, vote! http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=55c24da2e4b0e200525f890b
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Pierocash(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2015
DrWillie:
I wonder what type of juju this white people have used on our youths. If not how could someone be openly biased and blinded.
-Fact PMB cannot jail GEJ except the country wants big wahala of no return.
- Fact PMB, OBJ, TINUBU etc have all stolen public funds or been corrupt so why are u silent about them calling them corruption fighters.
- Fact any one closing their eyes to these ppl and shouting that PMB is fighting corruption is a hypocrite and is one of this country's wahala.

SHIKEENA!!
Asari bragged and ranted than u did, today he is dumb cos everybody knows this government is nt smiling.
If u have any evidence that Obj, Tinubu, and PMB stole tender it to EFCC.If obj stole why didn't Jonathan probe him,and why didn't he expose him evn when obj accused him of corruption, that makes Jonathan evn more dumb and clueless.PMB is nt clueless, so he is doing d needful by preparing a prison for all d goats that ate all our yams, and Jonathan Is d chief he-goat.They wil jail him, or he refunds every loot and plead for leniency nothing short of that.
d Wailers can keep wailing it doesn't change d price of recharge card.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
PassingShot:
May God continue to grant PMB the strength and determination to see this fight through.

It's not going to be easy because 90% of those who have passed through the corridor of power are corrupt. They will surely want to fight back and dirty, but with God and Nigerians on his side PMB will deliver.

The vicious cycle of corruption just has to stop somehow.
You're right but he needs to start with past Rivers and Lagos state Governors first.
What do you think?
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by nuelyoyo(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
UmuEri:

but there is no where in the news where sahara reporters said the peace committee came to beg Buhari on behalf of Jonathan.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're right but he needs to start with past Rivers and Lagos state Governors first.
What do you think?
When has it become the president's duty to probe governors?

Common sense will dictate that it is successor governor that will probe his predecessor.

Or better still, concerned citizens write the relevant agencies to do the needful.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
PassingShot:

When has it become the president's duty to probe governors?

Common sense will dictate that it is successor governor that will probe his predecessor.

Or better still, concerned citizens write the relevant agencies to do the needful.
They've done that already and we are waiting to see how the EFCC would react to it.
I hope they won't become toothless considering the resources spent on PMB's emergence as number one citizen of this great country by the same set of Governors.
Of course the Presidency has every right to ask for a probe of anyone considered corrupt and the attire seems to perfectly fit these Governors I just higlighted considering their IGR and federal allocation yet these states lacks basic infrastructure.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
Truckpusher:
They've done that already and we are waiting to see how the EFCC would react to it.
I hope they won't become toothless considering the resources spent on PMB's emergence as number one citizen of this great country by the same set of Governors.
Of course the Presidency has every right to ask for a probe of anyone considered corrupt and the attire seems to perfectly fit these Governors I just higlighted considering their IGR and federal allocation yet these states lacks basic infrastructure.
Good that petitions have been sent to the appropriate quarters. So, let's wait and see.

PMB has his hands filled with federal matters already. It will amount to waste of time and distractions to be looking at states at this time.

Just die every other insinuation and speculation on who financed PMB's campaign. We have heard several theories on that already and not a single one has substance.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
PassingShot:

Good that petitions have been sent to the appropriate quarters. So, let's wait and see.

PMB has his hands filled with federal matters already. It will amount to waste of time and distractions to be looking at states at this time.

Just die every other insinuation and speculation on who financed PMB's campaign. We have heard several theories on that already and not a single one has substance.
Well, we will wait for the outcome.
On who financed his election , I didn't mention money in my post but I said 'resources' and resources could be anything ranging from using state infrastructure to any other means and finally money too ,so it's a wild goose chase to narrow it down to finance unless you're already aware that some states IGR and federal allocation were used in financing his campaign but again he accessed 27 million naira facility from the bank to buy his form from the APC . So , where did he get all that money to run his campaign across the country ? Or you simply think that they were all from donations from a people purportedly impoverished by the past administration?
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by sweetgala(m): 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Before you go after GEJ,Nigeria must find another source of revenue besides oil!!! Lol it is even easier to go after OBJ,Tinubu than to go after GEJ.

The majority leader in osun state is now sweeping floor,when the ND militancy resumes. He will be mopping the floor

Well if that is the cost of good governance so let that be it. The Nigerian state can not be bullied into submission by ethnic blackmail. The GEJ government was corrupt so it must be investigated to help heal the nation. If that means the militants would resume well so be it.

Remember one thing, the child who says his mother wouldn't sleep would also know no slumber , while the youthful boys destroy the creeks their mothers and father's would continue to live in miserryy and suffering , their lands would be destroyed by oil leaks, their comrades would be killed by the Nigerian Army and their fishing waterways would be terrorised . So I ask you what is the gain ?
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by yemmynoni: 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
UmuEri:

taaaaaaa
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by elohorayodele: 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
PassingShot:

To probe other administrations before Jonathan, his four year tenure will not be enough. Besides, it's easier to probe Jona who handed over to him than probing any other regime.

so he should forget Haliburton and the cash involved even if the US is ready to assist in bringing the culprits to book?

If he covers it up/not investigate it, he will end up making a fool outta himself and would be looked as a biased and corrupt president in no distant time

1 Like

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
elohorayodele:

so he should forget Haliburton and the cash involved even if the US is ready to assist in bringing the culprits to book?

If he covers it up/not investigate it, he will end up making a fool outta himself and would be looked as a biased and corrupt president in no distant time
Did you read anything in my post suggesting he should forget Halliburton?

Even if he doesn't probe Halliburton, it won't diminish his anti-corruption stature as far as his regime does not encourage or allow corruption to thrive.

Besides, what made GEJ not to probe Halliburton? I ask you because you appear a supporter of him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibikunle Amosun Surrenders 1000 AK47 Rifles, 4000 Bullets / Hausa And Yoruba Clash In Ibaban. One Dies As Hausa Man Hits Him With Charm / Shehu Sani On Tinubu's Real Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.