Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

"Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol (67552 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / (PHOTO) "The Abobaku Of Ooni Of Ife Found And Will Be Buried Alongside The King" / Photo: The Abobaku, Man To Be Buried Alive With The Late Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 13, 2015
macof:

Any proof?

Human sacrifice is still much prevalent at the death of a king. I am not going into details. I just want you to know that it happens although I believe that the tradition is dying out.
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by davseun2ta(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2015
o boy!!! grin grin grin grin grin... The man na one sharp dude! The abaoba ku will like "koju ma ri bi gbogbo ara lo gun e"...." se mo ran Oba sijuade nise ni?"... "iku o kan mi ooooo... LAYE!!! grin grin grin"....TRANSLATION: "For the eyes not to witness evil, the solution lies with the whole body"... "did i send Oba sijuade on an errand?"... "Its not my turn to die.... NEVER!!! grin grin"...

Does it mean he doesn't know that as the abaoba ku, he would be killed and buried along side the kabiyesi when he dies?

After enyoing the luxury attached to the title, he come patey...(RUN)!!! Mr. Abaoba ku, where you dey ooo!!! Sijuade bobo dey find you...lol...

FUNNY! so FUNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by macof(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2015
oreos:

Human sacrifice is still much prevalent at the death of a king. I am not going into details. I just want you to know that it happens although I believe that the tradition is dying out.

Its very simple. Do you have evidence to this?
Are you part of the palace chiefs that performs the rites or do you execute the sacrifice? You have to go into details because this is a serious allegation against Ife
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by lovemaths(f): 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
What a barbaric, ancient and brutal tradition! In this 21st century. Mbanunu! Tufiakwa! shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue lipsrsealed
What is is.What is not is not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Ndipe(m): 1:01am On Aug 14, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Who wan die? But seriously, if this report is true, then that particular tradition is archaic,retrogressive, backward and should be relegated to the dustbin.

Die for someone, when you are not Jesus?

A very retrogressive and archaic tradition. Tufiakwa. is that the reason why the hushed up on his death?
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
macof:

Its very simple. Do you have evidence to this?
Are you part of the palace chiefs that performs the rites or do you execute the sacrifice? You have to go into details because this is a serious allegation against Ife

I didn't make any allegation against Ife. Get your facts straight. I happen to know that Abobaku still exist in some parts.

Although I am not a practitioner, I come from a family of one and I am quite interested in some parts of it.
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by macof(m): 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

I didn't make any allegation against Ife. Get your facts straight. I happen to know that Abobaku still exist in some parts.

Although I am not a practitioner, I come from a family of one and I am quite interested in some parts of it.

Who doesn't come from a family of one?

Oga pls don't say things like this when you can't defend it in public
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
macof:

Who doesn't come from a family of one?

Oga pls don't say things like this when you can't defend it in public

WHat I meant by that is that it is not a mere religion for my family, it runs deeper than that

Abobaku tradition is still available in some parts of Yorubaland

Sue me cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by macof(m): 7:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

WHat I meant by that is that it is not a mere religion for my family, it runs deeper than that

Abobaku tradition is still available in some parts of Yorubaland

Sue me cheesy

Abobaku is a religion Are you sure you are OK?
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 15, 2015
macof:

Abobaku is a religion Are you sure you are OK?

Are you sure you are not high on something? You really need reading glasses and comprehension classes.

Abobaku still exists in some parts of Yorubaland.
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by macof(m): 12:50am On Aug 16, 2015
oreos:

Are you sure you are not high on something? You really need reading glasses and comprehension classes.

Abobaku still exists in some parts of Yorubaland.

Then prove it still exists and stop making noise
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 16, 2015
macof:

Then prove it still exists and stop making noise
Don't get too emotional.cheesy

You are just a mere practitionercheesy
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by bumtos(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
macof:

You are very stupid. So you believe this nonsense targeted against your people? You are so ignorant and gullible - this is not a trait of a yoruba man
YYou lack home manners, go and learn how to talk.
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by macof(m): 1:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
bumtos:

YYou lack home manners, go and learn how to talk.
o

you lack a good head on your shoulders. .. you call urself yoruba but follow people to demonize everything yoruba and seek manners? nonsense

2 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Dynmyt: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
ndidibabe:
Yoruba people and their crazy culture. Na so I marry my yoruba husband finish, the family come dey call me Sinmisola. I had to fight it out with all of them to call me my real name- ndidiamaka. Why will they want to change my name to a yoruba name simply because i am married to their son?
Or Ndi baby for short, no mind dem, sunmisola ko gbemisaya nip grin
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by smile11s(m): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2022
Is there an abakaku for Obi of Oyo that just died?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanusi's 19-Year-Old Wife, Saadatu Lamido, Stuns In New Photos / I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. / Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.