Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria (3885 Views)

Gbenga Aruleba(focus Nigeria ): Is This A Bed Or A Table? / NLC Strike Flops, Partial Compliance In States / Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 10:58am On Aug 12, 2015
Why would a senator say people should applaud Govt when they do stuffs which is originally their constitutional duty based on Chapter 2 of the constitution. I just lost the lil respect i had for him. To say he was a legal practitioner, am disappointed....hugely at that.

A feedback got his reaction perfectly: the govt seeking applause for doing its duty can be likened to a revd father doing same after giving the holy communion.

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by INTROVERT(f): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2015
we can forgive him the indiscretion because of what he did in akwaibom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
its not forgivable bae. Which means taxpayer funds which he used for these major projects are to his glory?

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by Chiaka(f): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Even one needs to and desires to be applauded. If you have a staff that's working well its only common sense to appreciate the effort of the staff.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by freshdude99(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2015
urchbarbie:
Why would a senator say people should applaud Govt when they do stuffs which is originally thier constitutional duty based on section 2 of the constitution. I just lost the lil respect i had for him. To say he was a legal practitioner, am dissappointed....hugely at that.

A feedback got his reaction perfectlty: the govt seeking applause for doing its duty can be likened to a revd father doing same after giving the holy communion.
Define the word flop!
I watched it live, the dude was damn right in his analysis kiss

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by zimoni(f): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2015
He also said something interesting

He said if PDP had wanted to take Senate President's position, they would have done so.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by chesterlee(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
If you criticize them for not performing... Why not Commend them for performing

#KeepIt100

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by tinkinjow: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
It was one of best episode op please stop hating. Yes all over the world good government are commended and in some cases praised.
Singapore, Taiwan, Venezuela, US, Britain, Brazil, and many many more countries have all had a history of praised leaders.

Read history. It's govt duty provide infras. It's not out of place and certainly no big deal if praised for that. Just like some student get praises from parents for passing their exams they were expected to pass.

What is your definition of flop. In fact when I tuned to the programme I immediately wanted to change the channel but held back because of the sincerity and blunt directness with which he approached the questions.
Please always try to be open minded when a perceived enemy is talking, u may learn at thing or more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by Nichobabe(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
OP in some way he is right. Why do we have Staff commendation and even with cash gift.

Staff of the month etc. They are doing their work, abi? It is for motivation

So no too vex with am.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by Feranchek(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
With respect to the 'happenings' and norm in naija, I think I understand where he's coming from. With time, we'll effect the change in how they reason. Let's keep applauding them if that's what it'll take for them to do their work.

If they don't do their work, Nne'm.......

WHO WILL?? grin grin cheesy
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
It is because the people he governed are mostly poor and semi illiterate that is why we still praise them. He loves to be praise that Akpabio. He didn't do anything extra ordinary with the money the state get every year most of the people in the state are jobless so what are we praising him for.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
Chiaka:
Even one needs to and desires to be applauded. If you have a staff that's working well its only common sense to appreciate the effort of the staff.....
I disagree with dis notion. Its not d same thing. He actually means that the Govt can afford to do without availing citizens with these facilities. I totally disagree in his choice of words. If u had seen that interview, u wld av been able to relate with my POV.
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
freshdude99:

Define the word flop!
I watched it live, the dude was damn right in his analysis kiss
it was a huge mess. What analysis? the one he arrogantly put across? I couldnt help but cringe each time he tells Gbenga.....'i shld be the one telling u'. Pls he is just a pdp member waiting to defect to d ruling party. He just rubbished GEJ Govt for not doing anything for d ppl of his state, yet he campaigned and delivered his state for PDP in d last presidential elections. What BS!!!!!
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by hinwazaka: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
urchbarbie:
Why would a senator say people should applaud Govt when they do stuffs which is originally their constitutional duty based on Chapter 2 of the constitution. I just lost the lil respect i had for him. To say he was a legal practitioner, am disappointed....hugely at that.

A feedback got his reaction perfectly: the govt seeking applause for doing its duty can be likened to a revd father doing same after giving the holy communion.
So in your words, a government shouldn't appraise itself of its performance. If that is the case, on what criteria should politicians be returned, how pretty they look. You probably don't understand what politics is about. Politics is talk, big talk. The reverend father analogy is baseless, afterall a priest has the moral justification to refuse giving communion to anyone unbecoming of morality. Next time you go to mass, dress naked and then head down to the father for Communion
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by hinwazaka: 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
urchbarbie:
it was a huge mess. What analysis? the one he arrogantly put across? I couldnt help but cringe each time he tells Gbenga.....'i shld be the one telling u'. Pls he is just a pdp member waiting to defect to d ruling party. He just rubbished GEJ Govt for not doing anything for d ppl of his state, yet he campaigned and delivered his state for PDP in d last presidential elections. What BS!!!!!
What is exactly your issue with him
* The fact that only you believe he will defect soon
OR
* The fact that you hate his sincerity and transperancy in delivering answers to questions

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
why the Hocus-Pocus? We all knw the reason u suggested so was because he is from your tribe...
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by freshdude99(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
urchbarbie:
What is this one saying
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by freshdude99(m): 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
urchbarbie:
I disagree with dis notion. Its not d same thing. He actually means that the Govt can afford to do without availing citizens with these facilities. I totally disagree in his choice of words. If u had seen that interview, u wld av been able to relate with my POV.
U are not making reasonable arguments here in fact am struggling to get ur points even!
My suggestion is, just back off bcz akpabio is just so good in his game! Remember he's a lawyer grin
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
How I miss this my governor!
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
freshdude99:

U are not making reasonable arguments here in fact am struggling to get ur points even!
My suggestion is, just back off bcz akpabio is just so good in his game! Remember he's a lawyer grin
I am one too
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
freshdude99:

What is this one saying
try harder. I knw u may someday get it
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
hinwazaka:

What is exactly your issue with him
* The fact that only you believe he will defect soon
OR
* The fact that you hate his sincerity and transperancy in delivering answers to questions
what sincerity pls
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
hinwazaka:

So in your words, a government shouldn't appraise itself of its performance. If that is the case, on what criteria should politicians be returned, how pretty they look. You probably don't understand what politics is about. Politics is talk, big talk. The reverend father analogy is baseless, afterall a priest has the moral justification to refuse giving communion to anyone unbecoming of morality. Next time you go to mass, dress naked and then head down to the father for Communion
So a politician has no moral justification to serve his ppl?
I see ur point now....thats why corruption is on d increase. What more moral justification does one need to serve his people diligently according to laid down rules? U tow d line of if no applause, then our leaders should not function? I now see that politics is truely for the conscience less and 'moraless' fellows
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by DrLee(m): 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
if that's what will make them work better, then no problem. By the way, they are human beings
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by mikolo80: 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
urchbarbie:

I believe he is not highest thief in pdp but he at least did something. you reinforce positively if you want more or you spew the crap you Just did if you want the looting to continue. 99%looting always better than 100%
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2015
mikolo80:
I believe he is not highest thief in pdp but he at least did something. you reinforce positively if you want more or you spew the crap you Just did if you want the looting to continue. 99%looting always better than 100%
ok. Tnx. Seen
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by Heineken(m): 4:56am On May 20, 2016
urchbarbie:
urchbarbie.
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by wordychap: 5:28am On May 20, 2016
What of if d govt. doesn't do its duties rather inflict hardship on d masses like our FG sad
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 6:00am On May 20, 2016
My luv. Kedu? Its bin awhl
Heineken:
urchbarbie.
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by Heineken(m): 6:08am On May 20, 2016
urchbarbie:
My luv. Kedu? Its bin awhl
odinma dear... How are you na?
Re: Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria by urchbarbie(f): 12:19pm On May 20, 2016
My life z bin easy
Heineken:
odinma dear... How are you na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ipob London Protest :today We Are Going To Cameron / Tonyebarcanista's Apology To Igbos,acceptance And The Way Forward / Nnamdi Kanu: Worldwide Broadcast At 7 PM London Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.