Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? (1274 Views)

The Best Musical Television Commercial Out Of Nigeria, Ever / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj / 15. Most Influential Hip Hop Songs In The Last Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by Odeku(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2006
What musician can you reckon with,
what musician really touched you spiritually and mentally?
who was the best performing musician in Nigeria you ever saw?

Mine was FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI AKA baba70

Fela was sweet; perhaps not an adjective that would normally be used to describe this tornado of a man, but Fela was sweet to me. The sweetness that I perceived in him emanated from his love for humanity; particularly for those who had drawn life's short straw. Hundreds of people depended upon Fela for a living. Many more than he needed to run his Lagos club, The Shrine, or to play in his band.

I saw him as a social engineer, concerned with issues of injustice, corruption, the abuses of power. He was ready to lay his life on the line in defense of such causes, which he did on countless occasions. For his trouble he was beaten with rifle butts, endlessly harassed, imprisoned, vilified by the authorities, despised by bourgeois society (whose sons and daughters were captivated by him) His house was once burned to the ground by a thousand soldiers after they had raped and beaten his followers, thrown his mother and brother from a window, both of whom suffered fractures (his mother was ultimately to die from her injuries) Each time they were to beat him, though, he always bounced back with a vengeance, stronger than ever. It is my view that the only thing that kept him alive and the ultimate source of his strength, was the love the people had for him.
Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by Douzy(m): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2006
Who else but him?
Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by Odeku(m): 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2006
FLEX06:

He was ready to lay his life on the line in defense of such causes, which he did on countless occasions. For his trouble he was beaten with rifle butts, endlessly harassed, imprisoned, vilified by the authorities, despised by bourgeois society

with all the rumble going on in Abuja now, how many politicians are ready to die for injustice? die for a just cause?
Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by weedplanta(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2006
Baba suen re o! Where can i get fela's cd/dvd or listen to his music online! The greatest musician that the world has ever produced!!! Actually i don't contribute to topics but i can't stand this one. Currently listenin to his song,

He warned us of Obasanjo for long! Men and we're stil been ruled by obasanjo, He was GOD sent.

2.8 billion naira
oil money is missing
Obasanjo god dey o

adieu baba

Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by Chxta(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2006
Shouldn't this be in the music forum?
Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by Odeku(m): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2006
Listen to Fela music live online at

http://www.pandora.com/
Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by pymexys(f): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2006
fela of course,and infact,he's d most influential africa ever had.
Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by Seun(m): 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2006
Moved to music section.
Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by Odeku(m): 1:20am On Sep 30, 2006
ABAMI EDA of course, he is my hero Epiphany of dignity, stood for what no one else ever did in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is Or Was The Most Influential Musician Nigeria Ever Had? by kaydee(m): 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2006
For the 1st time,i found a topic where the creator iz very ryte, anybody with a contrary idea don't know nethin

(1) (Reply)

Faze Interview Talks About 2face And Akon / Fishe "Gbono Fele Fele" Freestyle / Khalif Da Cypha – Ayiba Mbana | Exclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.