Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... (5094 Views)

Bode George: Sheriff Is A Saint Compared To Wike Or Fayose / Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" / See What NTA Tweeted On Amaechi Today!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by Demdem(m): 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
hinwazaka:

On the contrary, you are the one who's making me gag with laughter. The petitions against Amaechi were submitted December 2014. Which was months before the elections. EFCC failed to act on them, that's why the PDP are reminding the agency about it. It has nothing to do with Wike.
Also your post lacked clarity. Try and improve on the construction of your sentences

Prove this unless it remains a shameless lie.
Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by fallout87: 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
Demdem:
[b]As i am writing this, wike and his cohorts are yet to report to the police Authority the alleged looting they claimed Amaechi perpetrated in Govt house.

How is this different from what Buhari has done?? Had Buhari charged GEJ? All the APC had done is make noise and tell stories of conspiracy thefts of billions and lists of perpetrators yet NO ONE is charged.

You APC supporters are truly hypocrites.

If Wike was APC, you would be demanding Buhari and Wike probe Ameachi.

You don't even care about theft. You just want revenge on PDP.
Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by hinwazaka: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
drshrewd:

lol, you are rather too obtuse to get a grip of what we are discussing here. Two months ago, WIKE set up a probe panel to investigate the former governor on alleged corruption and mandated them to submit their findings within one month. Up till today we have not heard from the panel. you also said that petitions of alleged corruption were also submitted to efcc in Dec. 2014 yet efcc under GEJ (Amaechi's arch rival) did not act ostensibly as a result of the petition not holding water. we can only surmised from these two premises that the former governor of Rivers state can only be innocent of all the frivolous allegation against him
James 1: 19-20> wherefore my beloved brethren, let everyman be swift to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath
Wike set up a probe panel, given, but is he an anti-graft agency, NO. Just because Wike has joined the corruption brouhaha nonsense, does not make it right. The fact is this new baseless, unethical dispensation has infected everyone, including you, with the inability to understand what is right, proper and what is not. It is in no way the place of the govenor to do the job of the EFCC. That too goes for the President. The EFCC has the jurisdiction and the capacity to unearth, investigate and prove conclusively corruption cases against nefarious characters in our society. So therefore they do not need the government to prioritize their cases for them. This is my comprehension of the facts on ground and not what the media tells me to think
Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by Demdem(m): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
fallout87:

How is this different from what Buhari has done??

Goon, a whole lot.

Had Buhari charged GEJ?

Are the necessary govt agencies working on each of these cases or not as regards GEJS misgovernance? WIke and his cohorts claimed they submitted a petition just this week, did they attached their evidences? who is working on Amaechis alleged thievery from the states level?

All the APC had done is make noise and tell stories of conspiracy thefts of billions and lists of perpetrators yet NO ONE is charged.

SHut ur trap. are u living under the rock for u not to know that a lot of investigation is ongoing? Even the NEC also made allegations, the NEC comprises also PDP members and there was no dissenting view so whats ur point?

Fool, am no party person but i support the General. the C-in-C. Can u say the same about u fools in PDP?

Foolish assumption that has no basis. Wike has always been a thief right from his days in Obia-Akpor

Yes, i want PDP to die a miserable one for that matter and at the same time i want all thieves who stole especially from the previous govt to be brought to justice.

Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by drshrewd: 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
hinwazaka:

James 1: 19-20> wherefore my beloved brethren, let everyman be swift to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath
Wike set up a probe panel, given, but is he an anti-graft agency, NO. Just because Wike has joined the corruption brouhaha nonsense, does not make it right. The fact is this new baseless, unethical dispensation has infected everyone, including you, with the inability to understand what is right, proper and what is not. It is in no way the place of the govenor to do the job of the EFCC. That too goes for the President. The EFCC has the jurisdiction and the capacity to unearth, investigate and prove conclusively corruption cases against nefarious characters in our society. So therefore they do not need the government to prioritize their cases for them. This is my comprehension of the facts on ground and not what the media tells me to think

I see nothing wrong for a state governor or president investigating their predecessors and reporting same to the efcc. the efcc just like the police cannot have knowledge of what is going on in every home. they rely on information from people to acknowledge crime and carry out their investigations. so I supported the probe of Amaechi by Wike and I think that should be the norm of governmence at every level so that our leaders while in office would not take us for a ride. my problem with wike and the PDP is that after their probe which they found nothing they resorted to petty propaganda and smear campaign against the general of common sense revolution angry

1 Like

Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by fallout87: 1:49am On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=Demdem post=36917621][/quote]

You are an idiot and a hypocrite
Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by drshrewd: 7:07am On Aug 14, 2015
fallout87:

How is this different from what Buhari has done?? Had Buhari charged GEJ? All the APC had done is make noise and tell stories of conspiracy thefts of billions and lists of perpetrators yet NO ONE is charged.

u'r just ranting and not making sense at all. since assuming office has buhary ever accused GEJ of stealing? you can agree with me that a constructive and veritable movement to recover our stolen wealth is on going. heads are currently rolling, stolen monies are currently being returned. this is unlike what we have in Rivers where Wike and his gang out of spite are accusing Amachi of missing money in trans Amadi and and other frivolous accusation without recourse to thorough investigation.

1 Like

Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by Demdem(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2015
fallout87:

my papa is an idiot and a hypocrite

Fool, how is this my business?
Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by hottestlegs: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2015
lol,
Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by Buzzj17: 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
Amaechi might have his faults, but he did a good job in rivers. We all saw major political leaders and decision makers praising him in the past. We have seen his work. So yes, he could be accused of sm things, but he cannot be said not to have worked.
Re: Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... by XXCASH: 8:12am On Aug 15, 2015
drshrewd:
I have these few questions for those giving in to the very puny effort by PDP to drag Amaechi’s Name to the mud

1) who is to probe Amaechi’s government wike or Buhary?
If it is Buhary that have to do this, it means that he also have to probe the 36 state governors as well as the 774 council bosses. We all know that this is insane and practically impossible. The state governors has the prerogative and time to probe and bring to book their predecessors just as the president also has the discretionary leeway to bring to book the dealings of past presidents. So people saying that the president should start his anti corruption war by probing past governors like Amaechi, Fashola, Tinubu,Elechi, Theoder Orji, et el, where we have state governors that have firsthand knowledge of their predecessors’ dealings are either out of touch with reality or deliberately obstinate

2)Probe on Amaechi by Wike. How far?
Wike’s probe panel set up over two months ago to investigate Amaechi’s government is conspicuously blown to oblivion due to dearth of incriminating evidence to indict the former governor. What PDP now resort to is cheap blackmail and propaganda that lack substance to sway the sentiment of impressionable minds. The latest was the one that was done by scannews.com a Rivers State government propaganda media that should not be taken seriously.

3)how come no commissioner, head of agency/parastatal, permanent secretary, Accountant general, etc of Amachi fingere.d so far?
In the mix of all the petty allegation of corruption levied against Amaechi why is it that no commissioner, head of agency/parastatal, permanent secretary, accountant general, former aid to the governor, etc is being indicted or seriously linked to misappropriation of found. It is almost impossible in a bureaucratic settings for a leader to be indicted without involving some of the people that worked with him. A shining example abounds in What is currently playing out in the federal level where heads are currently rolling over corruption ___former ministers, heads of agencies/parastatal, etc, are all involved in the mix.

4) How come the accountant general of the state was summarily dismissed without any reason or serious allegation of corruption against him.
Anybody that is abreast with state administration will understand that the accountant general of the state comes off as good or as bad as the governor in financial dealings because the former keeps records and is in privy of all the financial transaction of the state. The fact that the acc. General of the state was dismissed and allowed to go scort free without any serious allegation go to a greater extent to vindicate the former governor of all the unfounded allegation against him. Should the new appointee cook up some phony book? Only time will tell.

5)if Amaechi is corrupt and financially reckless as PDP claim why was it that as a governor he performed exceptionally well and did not plunge the state into debt
It is on record that Amaechi did not sink Rivers state into debt despite the monumental projects he embarked as a governor. In fact, he has one of the least debt profile among the rich states( check out the debt stock of states [url=http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/subn/docs/Federal%20and%20State%20Governments%20External%20Debt%20Stock%20as%20at%2031st%20December%202014.pdf]here[/url]) whilst leaving over N100b! owed by FG in the state coffers. Is it not preposterous to mention Amaechi’s name in the same line with financial recklessness.
For those of you that may have forgotten so soon the unparalleled giant strides of the former Rivers governor below is a summary of some of the land mark legacies of the former Amiable Rivers governor

1)Built over 500 schools with modern state of the art facilities with at least 10 in each LGA (which other state governor can beat this in quality and quantity), also transformed the once ailing state University to the standard it is today. no more cultism, strike, etc

2)Built over 100 primary and secondary health centers with well equipped facilities with at least 3 in each LGA (which other state governor can beat this in quality and quantity)

3)Trained and employed over 13,000 teachers and over 400 doctors(trained Abroad) to man those beautiful schools and health center respectively (even the president can’t match this)

4)He revolutionized infrastructure in Rivers state. Anybody living in Rivers state and really know the state very well will recall that Rivers state as a whole barely has five dualised road before the inception of Amaechi’s administration but the story has change as we have lost count in the number of high quality dualised road with underground drainage and pedestrian walk ways. Several fly over and bridges were constructed. Inner street construction was taken to another level with underground drainages and pedestrian walk way D-line, Oroworokwo, GRA areas come to mind. Check out the infrastructure in Rainbow town initiative stated by the Amaechi’s administration where we have clusters of several up rise building that are almost in completion stage. We also have the greater PH where modern city infrastructure is being constructed( Roads, underground utility system, etc) , Olympic sports complex of international standard with modern state of the art basket ball court (two), Olympic standard aquarium (Two), Fifa standard football pitch (40,000 capacity second largest in the country after Abuja stadium), volley court, etc.

How about the phenomenal revolution in agriculture, the Songhai initiative, Banana plantation, cassava plantation etc, RSSDA oversea scholarship for both indigenes and non indigenes, etc. the list goes on and on.

[color=#990000][b]just found out that the probe panel was actually given one month to submit their report to the governor but up till today no news about the report undecided check out http://www.punchng.com/news/wike-sets-up-panel-to-probe-amaechi/ https://www.nairaland.com/2389818/wike-sets-commission-inquiry-probe
does this not show that the panel did not find anything against AMAECH.

I feel very sad when people speak like this. It almost like we never deserve good leaders. Have u asked yourself how much he collected as revenue during this period when oil was constantly above $110 per barrel because I want to believe you are referring to his first tenure.
A man that decided to fight with every single institution can't be considered as ok. No matter how you feel about it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Frozen Account: Court Fixes Patience Jonathan's $200m Suit For February 13th / Why Are The Yorubas Happy That Election Would Hold In Anambra? / French NGO Caught In The Forest Delivering Food And Medical Supplies To Boko Har

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.