Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,473 members, 7,843,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? (874 Views)

Tecno Spark K7 Full Review: Cheap Does Not Always Mean Crab!!! / NIPOST Delivery; Guys What Does This Mean? HELP! / Phone Gurus, What Do We Do Concerning The "Shaving" Policy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Whenever I press my build number on my phone, I got this reply. What does it mean Please?

Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:24am On Aug 12, 2015
It means yur fone has been rooted.
Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
i didn't root my phone and never wanna root. How can I uproot it please
Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:33am On Aug 12, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
or can I use Etisalat bis on it since it is rooted?
Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
i didn't root my phone and never wanna root. How can I uproot it please
carry am go computer village.
Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
or can I use Etisalat bis on it since it is rooted?
yes
Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by scotweezy(m): 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
It just means U've been given access to a particular hidden part on ur fone.
Go a step back and U should see "Developer Options" as part of the options in settings.
Note: don't tamper with anything U don't understand dia
{Initially the option was hidden, it was activated bcoz u've tapped Ur "build number" up to Seven times.
In addition, it doesn't mean u've rooted ur phone.}

4 Likes

Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
scotweezy:
It just means U've been given access to a particular hidden part on ur fone.
Go a step back and U should see "Developer Options" as part of the options in settings.
Note: don't tamper with anything U don't understand dia
{Initially the option was hidden, it was activated bcoz u've tapped Ur "build number" up to Seven times.
In addition, it doesn't mean u've rooted ur phone.}
thanks bro
Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by ewizard1: 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
First of all... Why do you have to tap on it 7times everytime. That setting was there for Developers who wants to tweak their device and you only need to tap '7times' just one time and the "Developer option" will be activated from then on.
|
It doesnt mean you are rooted or tampered with your phone. It just means "If you are ready to tamper, the device too is..."

1 Like

Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
ewizard1:
First of all... Why do you have to tap on it 7times everytime. That setting was there for Developers who wants to tweak their device and you only need to tap '7times' just one time and the "Developer option" will be activated from then on.
|
It doesnt mean you are rooted or tampered with your phone. It just means "If you are ready to tamper, the device too is..."
thanks man
Re: Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
ewizard1:
|
I'm not ready to tamper

(1) (Reply)

Rooting Wahala Tech Guru In The House Help. / Samsung New Ad Shows Lil Wayne Pouring Champagne On The Galaxy S7 / New Original Samsung Galaxy Core Prime For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.