Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) (28736 Views)

Women Group Protests Against Fayose In Abuja - Pictures / United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
olavictors:
did I hear you say igbos? I rebuke you in Jesus name.

Fayose announced dat he will send young ekiti people to learn trade in Onitsha n Aba.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by Chykeboss(m): 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
Ayameze2015:
run oo! They are coming for you.
I saw it coming bro cool
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by Godsonkemz(m): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
I challenge traditional heads in my locality to follow suit. For the past 1week, we've been in darkness here in owerri because our transformer got damaged and nothing has been done about fixing it.
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by explorer250(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
trapQ:
Sorry about their predicament tho. In my house in pH there's constant light. Sometimes for over 15 hours daily

madam what are you doing in igboland? I thought that hate anything igbo?
Or will you keep denying the fact that PH is our land?
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by FrankValency(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
prof17:
ek14B/1698
Bros eh,this ur EK no don expire o,but na only u get am,I no drag am with u,me na EK/14C tongue
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by vodacom: 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
chachanga:

Say it
How come Nigerians always seem poised for being screwed from the back from their corrupt leaders?!

When all of them royal rulers were busy colluding and collecting bribe money back in the day, we were the same bunch crying up and down. Now, this ones' getting active, y'all crybabies are setting to "cry me a river"?

That's whata i don't get with Nigerian "sheeple"; all yakkety yak yak and no guts, no gumption...Fela said it right, this is a country of cowards

What else should he have done; stay there in the dark?

With the State Level's taciturnity and outright ineffectiveness? Am a firm believer in the need for the various State Govts' active facilitation of prodevelopmental initiatives.

So, if all this monarch can do is take up an offering, by all means let him do so, after all, it's not like he's heading a squad of militants!

In your dreams man, leave your couch, enter town; there're places where i won't advice you to go say this...dem folks wld literarily drop you for just saying that!
Get you facts right, check out the story below before vouching for whatcha don't know
http://www.informationng.com/2015/07/incredible-women-tie-juju-around-poles-to-scare-phcn-officials-photos.html

you dey mind d guy, infact electricity as gone worse. that some part of country enjoys steady power does not mean it is nationwide. imagine the crowd at the picture protesting for poor power supply yet some persons will claim that power has improve, nonsense. if power has improve in your locality or some areas, you say it instead of generalising the whole thing. but non be you are they refer to because i am just adding to what you said
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by Jbond(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
I like the Oba.
U like him as per?
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by rhames(m): 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
This is a born leader.
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by Tolexander: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
chimkaire:
...in this case, is he wrong
I'm not saying he is wrong!

it is very rare and very uncommon in Yorubaland seeing Oba leading a protest. Oba will rather be in his palace and give out royal support, not leading the struggle.

The Oba of Aramoko seems to be an activist and will be a better activist than this if he isn't a king. So evident the throne is curbing his activism.

There is nothing bad in it.
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by Jorussia(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
barnaby04:

Power crisis is a national challenge which affects all the discos.

In the case of the Ekiti community, they were disconnected for high indebtedness to the company and not on power supply.
that's not true,the power situation in states under other discos,have improved. BEDC is a fraudulent company.
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
...As per .. I answer only interesting and intelligent questions. NEXT!!
Jbond:
U like him as per?
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by trapQ: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
Mr troll, pH isn't igboland. Get used to it.
explorer250:

madam what are you doing in igboland? I thought that hate anything igbo?
Or will you keep denying the fact that PH is our land?
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by simplygreat(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
i wonder if the oba knows if his people are paying their bills as at when due and also if they are not bypassing their meters and vandalizing bedc property..truth is that if the people do the right thing, the situation would not even lead to a protest..dont be surprised if half the people protesting haven't paid their bills or done some illegal connection. bedc buys the light and as such people have to pay else light doesnt reach them as usual. it cant be business as usual as times have changed...

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by refo(m): 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
Bross ye me too I follow. Make God punish PHCN deir yanch
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by explorer250(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
trapQ:
Mr troll, pH isn't igboland. Get used to it.

madam maybe you should tell that to the okrikas who accuse the ikwerres of being Igbo visitors that occupied their land (PH). Whenever chinedu from porthacourt is caught in indonesia with drug you will be among those to shout that "IGBOS" are criminals and you wont know him as ikwerre but when the issue of oil comes up he become s "IKWERRE AND S/S"

oya lets end this once and for all swear to me. Since you reside in PH, If PH is not igboland then the land will bless you but if it is igboland never will you succeed in the land. Oya reply "amen" to that and will stop following you but if you dont then know that you are a bloody hepocrite.

No one ever remembered that PH is not igboland when Michael okpara was developing it from the money of coal and palm oil so that it will be a rival to lagos in the west. Bloody hypocrites
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by Jbond(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
...As per .. I answer only interesting and intelligent questions. NEXT!!
Right now you feel you just landed yourself an award, miss intelligent...NEXT.
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by kodlins(f): 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Jorussia:
BEDC should be the worst performing disco in the country. I urge pmb to collect power distribution from BEDC

Brotherly, calm down
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by kodlins(f): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
neocortex:
That Oba is a PDP man who is out to rubbish Buhari.
Buhari has fixed light and every part of Nigeria currently
enjoys at least 22 hours of electricity everyday. undecided undecided

My dear, as someone who works in the sector, I can make bold to tell you that we light you enjoy is not from Buhari.

If only you know how many NIPP's GEJ built and commissioned during his administration
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by trapQ: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
Dude, I didn't read that. Unlike you, I've got a busy schedule.
explorer250:

madam maybe you should tell that to the okrikas who accuse the ikwerres of being Igbo visitors that occupied their land (PH). Whenever chinedu from porthacourt is caught in indonesia with drug you will be among those to shout that "IGBOS" are criminals and you wont know him as ikwerre but when the issue of oil comes up he become s "IKWERRE AND S/S"

oya lets end this once and for all swear to me. Since you reside in PH, If PH is not igboland then the land will bless you but if it is igboland never will you succeed in the land. Oya reply "amen" to that and will stop following you but if you dont then know that you are a bloody hepocrite.

No one ever remembered that PH is not igboland when Michael okpara was developing it from the money of coal and palm oil so that it will be a rival to lagos in the west. Bloody hypocrites
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
Tolexander:
I'm not saying he is wrong!

it is very rare and very uncommon in Yorubaland seeing Oba leading a protest. Oba will rather be in his palace and give out royal support, not leading the struggle.

The Oba of Aramoko seems to be an activist and will be a better activist than this if he isn't a king. So evident the throne is curbing his activism.

There is nothing bad in it.

...Okay, Tolu wink
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by kodlins(f): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
Jorussia:
I reside in Benin city, hardly is there power up to six hours a day in most of the areas in Benin city.the power generation has improved, yet,the areas under Bedc,are in almost total darkness.
p

Haba brother. Even Ikpoba Hill and Ugbowo now enjoy power supply.

It's a common knowledge that Benin residents engage in massive energy theft. People by pass their Prepaid Meters and. You still expect the company to have money to buy Energy..
#Naija
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by oweniwe(m): 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
@ grandstar, Kaydem, striker07

i thought it's only Ezionum/Amai in delta state that was cut off

Since January last year no light in my home town and others around it.... BEDC just woke up one morning say we are owing 10m and cut off power supply.

Even d ajourning towns abraka, kwale that have ' light ' d supply is so poor.

Fvck BEDC.....!!.. angry
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by tuffgongjo(m): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
Chykeboss:

dey got SUG president
doesn't matter if the SUG president won't act,you can step in for him.lol.
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by grandstar(m): 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
oweniwe:
@ grandstar, Kaydem, striker07

i thought it's only Ezionum/Amai in delta state that was cut off

Since January last year no light in my home town and others around it.... BEDC just woke up one morning say we are owing 10m and cut off power supply.

Even d ajourning towns abraka, kwale that have ' light ' d supply is so poor.

Fvck BEDC.....!!.. angry

In my hometown Bolorunduro in Ondo State, they brought a bill of over 5m they claim the town owe.

The town has been in darkness for over a year now. They are merciless
Re: Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) by oweniwe(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
grandstar:

In my hometown Bolorunduro in Ondo State, they brought a bill of over 5m they claim the town owe.

The town has been in darkness for over a year now. They are merciless

they choose to disconnect hapless villages and towns.

I just wish the king here will organize protests too but the fat fool only enjoys drinking beer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. / Babajide Sanwo-olu Takes The COVID-19 Vaccine / PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.