Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:32 AM

BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge (1932 Views)

Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) / BREAKING: Unidentified Helicopter Crashes Into Third Mainland bridge / Breaking! Unidentified Helicopter Crashes Into Lagos Lagoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by BushidoBlue(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
A helicopter belonging to Bristow Helicopters with 12 people on board Wednesday, crashed into the Lagoon near the Oworonshoki end of the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos.
According to an eyewitness,  the aircraft marked 5NBGD was said to be coming from one of the oil rigs in Escravos area of the Niger Delta and was said to be heading for Lagos Island when it went down around 3.p.m.
According to reports, three of those on board were confirmed dead while four wounded ones were moved to the nearby Gbagada General Hospital.

The crash was said to have occurred at the back of Oworonsoki Police station after a loud bang was heard from the helicopter.
First respondents, the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, its Lagos state counterparts, LASEMA, and policemen are said to have embarked on rescue operations.
According to the Divisional Police Office, DPO, Oworonshoki, Chief Superintendent of Police, CSP Chijioke Nduka, who led officers to the scene to rescue victims, there was a loud sound from the aircraft before the crash. He said more officers including the Area Commander Ikeja Command, were at the scene assisting operatives of NEMA in the rescue operations.
To make rescue operations easier, routes to the site of the crash had been cordoned off hence gridlock on the Third Mainland.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lord have Mercy! May God come to their resue. Oworonshoki? That is the end part of 3rd Mainland Bridge coming from the Island aight? Op, include your source or are you an eye witness on ground?! Lord Save them.
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by NwaNimo1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Into wetin . . . ?

Is it the woman pilot?
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
modelmike7:
Lord have mercy
Why?
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
modelmike7:
Lord have mercy
Why?
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
modelmike7:
Lord have mercy
Why?
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by tolexy007(m): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
n
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Why?
......... Did you just asked why?
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by kelvine(m): 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
Now the Lagoon is trying to be noticed after it was earlier used in a threat.
May God have mercy.
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by mabebe1(f): 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
breaking news.....just saw it on channels TV nw.........my gawd
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by GspotAngela(f): 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
What
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Ekiseme(m): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
Oga o
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Ekiseme(m): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
kelvine:
Now the Lagoon is trying to be noticed after it was earlier used in a treat.
May God have mercy.
threat not treat bro
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by ellechrystal(f): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
Una sef n news. This one said lagoon, d other ocean, ur own na third mainland bridge. Abeg which one make we believe ehh?
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by wordcat(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
modelmike7:
......... Did you just asked why?

Yeah, he just asked WHY?
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Aminat508(f): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
May God help us

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by kelvine(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
Typos. Correction acknowledged.

Ekiseme:
threat not treat bro
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Ekiseme(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
kelvine:
Typos. Correction acknowledged.

no yawa

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by eagleeye2: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
When will I read good news here.
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by nwadiuko1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
The lagoon just d remind akiolu that there was a breach of contract

RIP if there any dead
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
wordcat:

Yeah, he just asked WHY?
... Cos the Mercy of God is all we need bro.............. That is if you believe in God tho'!
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
Una sef n news. This one said lagoon, d other ocean, ur own na third mainland bridge. Abeg which one make we believe ehh?
......... We are all referring to the same tin sis. If you live in Lagos you will understand better.
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by shaddoww: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
This helicopter that just crashed into the lagoon in Lagos,Oba Akiolu shud be held responsible if there is any igbo indigene inside

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Demmocrats(m): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by wordcat(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
modelmike7:
... Cos the Mercy of God is all we need bro.............. That is if you believe in God tho'!

And where was god's mercy when that accident happened?
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
wordcat:

And where was god's mercy when that accident happened?
......... Well, you can see the way i spelt my 'God' and the way you spelt your 'god'. So, i believed we are talking about two separate being here, i am talking about the Almighty God, the creator of Heaven and Earth, so i dont know what you are referring to or talking about... Nice day Mr!
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by wordcat(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
modelmike7:
......... Well, you can see the way i spelt my 'God' and the way you spelt your 'god'. So, i believed we are talking about two separate being here, i am talking about the Almighty God, the creator of Heaven and Earth, so i dont know what you are referring to or talking about... Nice day Mr!

Lol
Re: BREAKING: Unidentified helicopter crashes into Third Mainland bridge by MrCork: 8:12am On Aug 14, 2015
ellechrystal:

...sweeery whos picture did u steal on yor picture profile coz u homebase females is never look preeeety like that....whos picture is that?..plis are u 419? (no ofeinse) angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PMB Vs GEJ Public Asset Declaration At A Glance / Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians / HILARIOUS; Dollars In Soakaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.