Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) (2150 Views)

Graduate Recruitment At Bristow Group / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally / Staying Back After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Unibentested(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
It is no longer news that one of Bristow's Helicopters 5N-BGD (5-November - Bravo- Golf- Delta) crashed into the lagoon near the Oworonshoki end of the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos.‎

The National Emergency Management Agency and the Nigerian Police carried out rescue operations and it was learnt that 4 out of the 12 people onboard died in the crash, 6 persons were rescued and 2 persons critically wounded and have been taken to the nearby Gbagada General Hospital.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ncaa-confirms-bristow-helicopter-crash-in-lagos/

I have actually been on numerous Bristow Helicopter flights and witnessed one that developed electrical faults mid-air. On getting to NAF Base Port Harcourt , the captain landed and delayed us by going around the landing area for about 10 to 15 minutes. We later discovered he was carrying out electrical tests, instead of stopping the chopper so we could alight. Of course we were all impatient as most of us already had plans in PH and as far as we were concerned, Bristow, after endangering our lives mid-way, now wants to thwart our plans of enjoying the same life.

A colleague of mine reported the mid-flight issues to our over-all boss but he waved it aside, saying that Bristow airlines had a clean track record. 

May the souls departed, Rest in perfect peace.

I am sure some of the survivors would attribute their survival to the BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) especially the HUET and SAS (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training and Survival At Sea) trainings plus of course, the numerous helicopter briefings which we all know half of us usually watch/listen to with divided attention. Truth is, God kept them alive for a reason. A second chance. 

The fallen oil price from 115 dollars per barrel to as low as 47 dollars per barrel in february led to so many job cuts in the oil industry worldwide. I might be right to insinuate that many people on this forum lost their jobs. The losses cut across Oil Exploration companies like Shell, Chevron, Addax, Mobil, Total etc and also the Oil Servicing companies like Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, Halliburton etc and numerous indigenous companies. 

To all those who lost their jobs, do you realise that you probably would have been on this chopper coming home from your 14x14, 28x28, 35x 35 or even impromptu and undefined job rotations? 

Everyday you lament to God on why you lost your job, how it should have been the other person, how life has been difficult and how you have numerous years of experience yet have not been able to secure another oil job. We do all this and forget to thank God for life, forgetting to count our numerous other blessings.‎

I say to you, look on the bright side, stay positive, start a business, run some professional courses, diversify your talents to fit into other industries, keep on applying, reading, networking and of course Praying. Bottom line is, do something to be able to account for this period.‎

Everything happens for a reason, look on the bright side, If you had not lost that job, you probably would have been on this chopper and we all know that the job would be of no use to you dead. You might have also been amongst the 12 people that died while carrying out maintenance on an oil pipeline in Bayelsa recently.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/10/pipeline-explosion-bayelsa-oil-field-12-dead

Be grateful to God no matter the situation. Whatever you are going through, someone somewhere is passing through worse situations. Someone else is on his or her sick bed right now praying to survive and live even if it means facing hardship but staying alive.‎

Stay positive and alive my people..‎

Rest in peace Captain Joseph “Jay” Wyatt (U.S) and First Officer Peter Bello (Nigeria)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
Good article

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by davide470(m): 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nice One Unibentested. You really outlined the major highlights. Remembered a similar incident in 2012, back then IT days, all the survival skills BOSIET came with disappeared like Salt in Water.

A friend of mine left for Escravos on Sunday, so when I saw Escravos and Bristow, mhen!!!, the tension that gripped me was out of this world. See me calling her colleagues to ask if she was bound to return today and was informed she isn't.

All in All, Na God Dey Protect Man Pikin.

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by dhantey324(m): 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
Such is life

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2015
You're passing a good message but you shouldn't use people's misfortunes to make yourself feel alright.. To me, it makes no sense. ..

Your friend loses a job or dies in a job field and you're happy you don't have a job cos it may have been you? undecided or same happens to you and people are happy? (Won't happen to anyone, just an example)...

If you keep counting others misfortunes, you won't prosper. Imagine someone reading this and thanking God he/she is jobless? Really? ? Oya remain jobless for life na grin grin

You can stay positive, pray to God et al without taking advantage of others misfortunes. It's painful...

There are several other ways to preach motivation, you can use a testimony of someone who persevered and finally conquered etc... Use positivity to preach positive.

7 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by jazinogold(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2015
good airticle op.....rip to the dead!

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Unibentested(m): 8:00am On Aug 13, 2015
MarvellousGod:
You're passing a good message but you shouldn't use people's misfortunes to make yourself feel alright.. To me, it makes no sense. ..

Your friend loses a job or dies in a job field and you're happy you don't have a job cos it may have been you? or same happens to you and people are happy? (Won't happen to anyone, just an example)...

If you keep counting others misfortunes, you won't prosper. Imagine someone reading this and thanking God he/she is jobless? Really? ? Oya remain jobless for life na grin grin

You can stay positive, pray to God et al without taking advantage of others misfortunes. It's painful...

There are several other ways to preach motivation, you can use a testimony of someone who persevered and finally conquered etc... Use positivity to preach positive.

The highlighted kept me wondering if you actually read and understood this article..

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 13, 2015
Unibentested:

The highlighted kept me wondering if you actually read this article..
I read the article and that's my opinion.

Those who had/have misfortunes also need some kind of motivation, why using them to motivate others?

Or maybe I'm getting you wrong shaa...

Also I think you edited your writeup now(be sincere please) cos I'm not sure I read this part before;
"Everyday you lament to God on why you lost your job, how it should have been the other person, how life has been difficult and how you have numerous years of experience yet have not been able to secure another oil job. We do all this and forget to thank God for life, forgetting to count our numerous other blessings.‎

I say to you, look on the bright side, stay positive, start a business, run some professional courses, diversify your talents to fit into other industries, keep on applying, reading, networking and of course Praying. Bottom line is, do something to be able to account for this period.‎"

However, as I said before you're passing a good message but I think the method being used is wrong. No offence. ..

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Unibentested(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I read the article and that's my opinion.

Those who had/have misfortunes also need some kind of motivation, why using them to motivate others?

Or maybe I'm getting you wrong shaa...

Also I think you edited your writeup now(be sincere please) cos I'm not sure I read this part before;
"Everyday you lament to God on why you lost your job, how it should have been the other person, how life has been difficult and how you have numerous years of experience yet have not been able to secure another oil job. We do all this and forget to thank God for life, forgetting to count our numerous other blessings.‎

I say to you, look on the bright side, stay positive, start a business, run some professional courses, diversify your talents to fit into other industries, keep on applying, reading, networking and of course Praying. Bottom line is, do something to be able to account for this period.‎"

However, as I said before you're passing a good message but I think the method being used is wrong. No offence. ..

#LOL# edited ke? I did not edit anything. I posted everything in this article by 10.30pm yesterday night..those that commented can attest to this. You see why I feel, you did not read and understand this fully? A nairalander recently shared lessons he learnt after his Mother's death and adviced others to follow suit. Would you term that as using his misfortune or his mothers demise to motivate others? Haba na
Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2015
Unibentested:

#LOL# edited ke? I did not edit anything. I posted everything in this article by 10.30pm yesterday night..those that commented can attest to this. You see why I feel, you did not read and understand this fully? A nairalander recently shared lessons he learnt after his Mother's death and adviced others to follow suit. Would you term that using his misfortune or mothers demise to motivate others? Haba na
Alright, let me believe you didn't edit it.
There's a difference between when a hurting person shares his/her experience and when some other person uses it to motivate others. . The guy that shared the thread did that because he has gotten over it. It wouldn't be the same if a friend of his happily opens a thread saying his friend just lost his mum and thanks God for his own mum, bla bla, bla...

Do you think relatives or friends of those affected by the ugly incidences you mentioned above will be delighted reading your article?
Just saying. . Have a good day smiley

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Unibentested(m): 8:40am On Aug 13, 2015
MarvellousGod:
There's a difference between when a hurting person shares his/her experience and when some other person uses it to motivate others. . The guy that shared the thread did that because he has gotten over it. It wouldn't be the same if a friend of his happily opens a thread saying his friend just lost his mum and thanks God for his own mum, bla bla, bla...

Do you think relatives or friends of those affected by the ugly incidences you mentioned above will be delighted reading your article?

If only you know what motivated this article. All the same, thanks for your input.
Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2015
Unibentested:

If only you know what motivated this article. All the same, thanks for your input.
Unfortunately I don't. . You're welcome..

I got the message though which is staying positive, praying and struggling hard. Thanks for the write up smiley
Re: Bristow Helicopter Crash Lagos - Staying Positive (Picture) by shegxi(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2015
MarvellousGod:

i think u are just bn overly sensitive with wat dude's post. I dn't see anything wrong in wat d guy has said. D truth is we all see what we are looking for. Watever u infer from d post is nt because of d examples d guy has used but ur own state of mind.
But in d end, ur opinion is ur opinion and i respect it even if i dn't agree. Good morning.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Completed / I Have A Bank Interview Tomorrow, I Need Help On What To Prepare For(firstbank) / U.S. Embassy Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.