Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? (2379 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by siraj1402(m): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
I'm presently in Abuja and decided to follow my partner to stay in a friend place whom i guess should be at his early 40s. At least white hairs has been visibly see on his head grin. The man is so nice and also "religious" grin. I can't even tell where he belongs in Christianity,this will be explained later.
What i first noticed about him was when the Emmanuel TV was on, he was so moved and made series of comment,then later in the day after food,he insisted that we sleep on bed while he sleeps on the rug.Yes, its a sign of honoring your guest.He also added that he needed to sleep on the rug as he will soon wake up for prayer and to avoid stepping on us. OK,we slept and as the guy said,he woke up around 2:00am. Since then i find it difficult to sleep again.During the time, he man made so many prayers point that were so funny grin His songs was like that of the white garment. At around 5:00am i have to stand up for prayer as i can't even have a sound sleep.Later when the man went out i slept a bit and decided to check around.At where he always offers his prayer,i saw so many things among which is a box covered with a cloth on wich MIMON was written with cross, picture of the present president of the federal republic of Nigeria,picture of TB Joshua and some other pictures. Actually what caught my eyes was a list of his proposed marriage from his Akwa Ibom state girlfriend which laid where the prayer was offered and which i guess was part of the prayer point grin. Guy,what do you think of this marriage list? Find the pictures after the cut.

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by siraj1402(m): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
Really i admitted my mistake of showing the identity with i don't really mean.I want people to get one thing right,i'm not doing this to make jest of the man in question, but to show how many culture always make marriage difficult and allow for immoral sexual.And also to tell that if such a request is met,why should there be any infidelity again?
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by Bola4mi(f): 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
Wait
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by xrayz(m): 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by xrayz(m): 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
op,is dat list for d whole girls in dat village abi for only one?as for ur story,always be careful on wer u pass ur nyt also exposing d man here is nt d best,just think of hw he'll feel if he comes accross dis.

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by xrayz(m): 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by Jahblessme: 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
He was nice and kind to you, why would you invade his privacy by taking pictures of his sacred prayer corner and his brideprice list? Except he gave you permission to post it..

Anyways,with that list he needs to stay on the mountain 24/7.He probably can't afford it ,that's why he's doing intense prayers.

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
Just passing by

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by Jackeeh(m): 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
Chai!!!
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by Cutehector(m): 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
And they said igbo bride price is so expensive... Mcheew

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by gidjah(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
Yes o, with that kind of marathon list all because of on calabar lady, u will need lots of prayers on d mountain, fasting and singing,so dont be supprised at all. But for d Altar, i can tell dat is d white gament style, was born into that my self, so it aint strange.though i no more practice such sha.lots of our boys r not married to day coz of long que lists such as this, is d familly selling the daughter??my next flat neighbour is also from dat area, his dauta has spent over 12yrs in a mans house without proper wedding, now dat d man came to her, he is demanding 200k fixed deposit for himself,investment of 500k for his shop, two cows and 120k for bride price!what do u call dat if not day light robbery??d husband man came to me for advice i,told him to go tell d FIL say him no marry again o!!pls abeg i do wrong?
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by gidjah(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
My frend is been struggling to put some money togeda for marriage since 3yrs now, him never get,though he is already living with d gil, d girl father gave him a bill of close to 600k, she is from enugu, d thing no b joke o, after dat, he must do chucrh wedding again!! My guy don lean finish o,biko make una come to his aide o
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by ronald4lif(m): 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
This is absurd. Is bride price paid in two parts? One for father in-law and mother as well, totalling 300K. Then other nettlesome items like buying the MIL a ladies bike. This is laughable and unrealistic. If it's a tradition then it should be expunged.
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by MARKone(m): 6:25am On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmm....and they forgot to add Iphone6.

Is the girl Joan of Arc After paying for all this, she better use that her 'supernatural' powers to make me richer than Dangote.

gidjah:
My frend is been struggling to put some money togeda for marriage since 3yrs now, him never get,though he is already living with d gil, d girl father gave him a bill of close to 600k, she is from enugu, d thing no b joke o, after dat, he must do chucrh wedding again!! My guy don lean finish o,biko make una come to his aide o

Nonsense, na your guy dey dull, and u said that they girl have been living with ur guy, tell him to give her belle, and watch the price drop. Next, your guy should just bone, and tell his 'unofficial' in laws that he'll come after their daughter births. After she gives birth, let him sharply head another one in, at this stage, them girls family will call for Negotiation. That 600k can train two of the children up to university level.

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by urchbarbie(f): 8:01am On Aug 13, 2015
very wrong of u dear. u invaded some1's privacy, not just for ur own eyes but d worlds too. Really saddening. u couldnt even blot out d family name of d bride to be. Very not nice. I pray u wont av cos for d world to see ur dirty linens

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by sammily(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2015
If this man did not give you permission to post this pictures then it is quite shameful for you to invade this man's privacy like this. Just imagine how he will feel if he come across this post and from what you wrote, he was just trying to help by letting you sleep in his accommodation. He even let you guys sleep on the bed while he slept on the floor and you chose to repay him by posting his private business for the world to see?

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by obo389(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2015
d guy is in serious shit, shocked
if all dos list only for traditional,hw will introduction list look like?
he never talk of church list and expenses oo?
meanwhile MOD,pls dis shouldn't be moved to FP cos the OP has crossed her boundary.

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by gidjah(m): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
U r right bro,me begin to think d guy thing no dey work,i havnt seen any sign of preggy on her o, sh just dey shin for skin eating d guys pay, all d familly burden dey upon d guys head.will try giving him dat advice n c. Ladies must warn their parents about ds bride price thing.
MARKone:
Hmmm....and they forgot to add Iphone6.

Is the girl Joan of Arc After paying for all this, she better use that her 'supernatural' powers to make me richer than Dangote.

Nonsense, na your guy dey dull, and u said that they girl have been living with ur guy, tell him to give her belle, and watch the price drop. Next, your guy should just bone, and tell his 'unofficial' in laws that he'll come after their daughter births. After she gives birth, let him sharply head another one in, at this stage, them girls family will call for Negotiation. That 600k can train two of the children up to university level.
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by pacino26(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
urchbarbie:
very wrong of u dear. u invaded some1's privacy, not just for ur own eyes but d worlds too. Really saddening. u couldnt even blot out d family name of d bride to be. Very not nice. I pray u wont av cos for d world to see ur dirty linens

My dear, you took the words from my keyboard. This is the highest height of invading someone's privacy and posting the contents uncensored. Op no vex but you're very naive and I sense some level of immaturity here. You don't make mock of a man's articles of faith and belief.

As for the list, it's a funny one.
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
Op come and defend ur sef who gave u the right to encroach on someone privacy? U just betray d man that host u in his house......SMH
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by natasha: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
You are a fraud and uncultured guest and I'll mannered. How dare you invade someone's privacy? Is this how you repay kindness? A man trusted you enough to shelter you in abuja that houses ain't easy to come by, prayed his innermost concerns and worries in your presence and then you in turn ransacked his house and publish your findings for the world to see. People like you are terrible.

MoD's please delete or close this thread. This is an invasion of privacy and a breach of data

Lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove

Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by siraj1402(m): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
urchbarbie:
Honesty sister, i understand you and this has been corrected. Know that this is not to make jest of the man in question,but to show how difficult having what you want sometimes.
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by urchbarbie(f): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
pacino26:

My dear, you took the words from my keyboard. This is the highest height of invading someone's privacy and posting the contents uncensored. Op no vex but you're very naive and I sense some level of immaturity here. You don't make mock of a man's articles of faith and belief.

As for the list, it's a funny one.
exactly d point. if he had sonehw censored d name on d list, I am sure it could av passed for a joke, but d rest of d pix......mba!
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by kristen12(f): 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
Eyah!!! Poor guy.
Re: A Marriage Requirement:guy What Can You Say To This? by urchbarbie(f): 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
siraj1402:
Honesty sister, i understand you and this has been corrected. Know that this is not to make jest of the man in question,but to show how difficult having what you want sometimes.
cool.Nice for u to av edited

What Should I Do? / Man Buries Father With A 32 Million BMW In Anambra State (photo) / Since September 2009, We Are Getting Married