Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (34224 Views)

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / 5 Signs You Need To Leave Your Present Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by sukkot: 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
Kennyfancy:
bros u cn hlp me,, am in need of cash. Schooling things
* cash loading ............. *
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by spiralwedge(m): 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
iyatrustee:

grin grin
employ me as your P.A. I'm very competent. grin or any other admin position. thanks in advance
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by tiwasiaife(m): 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
taiwolusol:
I applied for a Graduate Intern position at a construction company on a Tuesday, got called to come for an Interview the next day and finally resumed the following Monday.

saw the Job ad on one of those "1 post" thread on the career section.
Which construction coy bro
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MissIndependent(f): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
shrimati:
How I got my first and present job? Well a friend submitted my CV in a company, I was told to come the next day for interview. After series of interactive sections close to a month, I was asked to resume. That was about two months after my NYSC. hoping for more and better opportunities though. wink
Cool wink Your Story is similar to mine just that I didn't stay up to 2 Months after NYSC.

Long time how you dey smiley
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by weaseloo: 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
First pure merit: applied online, passed the test, interview and training.

Second, referral from a volunteer work I did. Didn't even know the company was hiring; passed the interview as well.

Third, referral - a miracle more or less.

Fourth, connection and very qualified for the job.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by tiwasiaife(m): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
RisMas:
[b]I got My present Job as a result of Poverty cry cry. It really helped me identify the hidden talents in me. When hunger nack a hell out of you, You will know that looking for Juicy job is a waste of time. You can only get such Job in your dream cheesy

I was Jobless for 7 years after i graduate from University. With Good grade fa shocked shocked. But then, i had No direction, No hope, Nothing!! sad

i traveled through the nook and cranny of Nigeria in search of Job, but nothing to show for it sad

i was denied job in a new Generation bank because of my religion in the hay day of Boko haram back in 2009. The HR guy mr Basil told me point blank that that i look like Boko Haram shocked shocked

I browsed through Nairaland in 2011 and i saw a thread where linda ikeji bought 6million naira car or so. I sat myself down and studied the girl and her mode of blogging. I made google my daily companion and researched on blogging.

3 years later, Inshallah, I bought my own Big Car from Blogging too cheesy Thunder fire banking, NNPC, CBN,FIRS jobs, Im far more better than their Ogas there. (No bragging oOo wink )

Yes I own and run www.Vibenigeria.com It has over Half a million Followers on facebook and top 300 website in Nigeria according to alexa ranking smiley

P.S.

I dont even know how to code, but i designed it myself with lots of Youtube videos, PDF ebook downloads and more efforts

The bottom line is Try and study successful people, Dont try to be like them, just study them, redefine your own way and God will open the door
[/b] cool cool cool

bro let's see two aside
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by tiwasiaife(m): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
RisMas:
[b]I got My present Job as a result of Poverty cry cry. It really helped me identify the hidden talents in me. When hunger nack a hell out of you, You will know that looking for Juicy job is a waste of time. You can only get such Job in your dream cheesy

I was Jobless for 7 years after i graduate from University. With Good grade fa shocked shocked. But then, i had No direction, No hope, Nothing!! sad

i traveled through the nook and cranny of Nigeria in search of Job, but nothing to show for it sad

i was denied job in a new Generation bank because of my religion in the hay day of Boko haram back in 2009. The HR guy mr Basil told me point blank that that i look like Boko Haram shocked shocked

I browsed through Nairaland in 2011 and i saw a thread where linda ikeji bought 6million naira car or so. I sat myself down and studied the girl and her mode of blogging. I made google my daily companion and researched on blogging.

3 years later, Inshallah, I bought my own Big Car from Blogging too cheesy Thunder fire banking, NNPC, CBN,FIRS jobs, Im far more better than their Ogas there. (No bragging oOo wink )

Yes I own and run www.Vibenigeria.com It has over Half a million Followers on facebook and top 300 website in Nigeria according to alexa ranking smiley

P.S.

I dont even know how to code, but i designed it myself with lots of Youtube videos, PDF ebook downloads and more efforts

The bottom line is Try and study successful people, Dont try to be like them, just study them, redefine your own way and God will open the door
[/b] cool cool cool

bro let's see two aside 08063382903
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Jbond(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
God did it.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ephi123(f): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
fpeter:

Are you Yoruba?? It is EX not else undecided

What's the point of going all tribal over someone's error?! Na wa. Tribalism has eaten deep into the average Nigerian, what a shame.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Bigdream1(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Pls am in dire of a job, am a graduate of marketing with an upper credit. Here is my email Henryubani4@gmail.com or Henryubani65@yahoo.com or call 08067473893. Thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by opeyemmmy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
MissIndependent:

Long time how you dey smiley

He's fine... undecided

Howdy?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by tiwasiaife(m): 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
pls who can help me get a work in a construction company a graduate of geology I have had a two yr plus experience thou presently we were dienganged due to financial problem my company had. They couldn't pay us.( Lebannesse coy) I have nothing doing since Nov last year. pls help me house dying
08063382903 God bless u.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by kamez(m): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
LordTrezy:

oga kamez,I am a graduate of computer science and engineering with a second class upper boss. Should I forward my CV to your mail too sir. thanks

yes sir u can.

but the only assurance u will get from me is that ur CV will definitely get to the hands of the company's HR team..
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by dannywhyte(m): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
goldenruby:
After writing/submitting plenty Cv, attended some of the interviews, some good (less pay), others terribly bad. I decided to study my environment noticed their wants, and promised myself I'd make a Living out of their 'predicament'. I am A proud Entrepreneur I can sell ice to the Eskimos (NO be like GNLD o). I doubt if I can join the 9-6 league.
I like your confidence and determination , pls I'd Like to know more of ur idea of ' making a living out of their predicament' .
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by radiantochi: 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
I am a graduate of Microbiology in need of a job. I would be glad if anybody in the house can help. Pleeeeeeeeeease my email address is esther.tobechukwu@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by spartanian(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
kamez:

send ur detailed CV and other necessary photocopies of ur certs to kamalualozie@yahoo.com.

pls note that I'm not making any promises, but I will .make sure ur CV gets to my company's HR dept.

One love

Bro I just sent you an unsolicited email with my CV, kindly help me get job either paid or unpaid, thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by kamez(m): 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
spartanian:

Bro I just sent you an unsolicited email with my CV, kindly help me get job either paid or unpaid, thank you.

thats OK.

by the way I read ur signature and I'm impressed. u will fit Into my field perfectly if u truly have these certifications...

I will personally hand over ur documents to my supervisor. that's a promise.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by FunnyDude(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Got my first job when I finished SS3, whilst preparing for gce exam I was teaching kg 2 pupils with pay of 6k.

Choi! Man don sofa for South West.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by mubarak001(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
I studied industrial Safety Engineering, proficient in archicad n AutoCAD, presently in PH bt ready to relocate: renadox@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by spartanian(m): 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thank you bro, I got all those certifications from India

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by mrmatt(m): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
I'm also in search of a job. I stay in Abuja, studied Linguistics. My email: egbamatthewabah@gmail.com. Show your brother love.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ubizle(f): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
engrshakespeare:
All the responses I see here make me grateful for my line of job. My last major job was at Access bank where I resigned with a salary of about 114k. I indulged thereafter in many biznesses that didnt succeed until I started learning chinese. I never knew learning a language could pay so well. Now I am on a salary of 100k. The best part is I have options, other employers are trying to make me leave my employer on d promise of a higher pay so my employer knows my worth. I have never been asked for my cv, ability to speak d language is all I need. I dont like chinese pple per say but d ability to speak their language can put many plates of food on your table. Forget d course u read, I read Elect/Elect Engr but I have since switched to doing masters in Chinese language. If u are crying unemployment its ur fault, one year plus and u cn begin translating with a starting salary of 60k without cv.

Pease how did you learn Chinese? I am interested in learning that or any other foreign language but don't know how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by femsteve02(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
profsomebody:
Bros pls help link me up for one of such jobs. I'm in Ogun state but very ready for relocation. I'm a graduate of accountancy.
contact me on whatsapp 08181801439
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Bamz(m): 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
Well I returned to where I did my Internship (during University days)... and things got better from there.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by eldeeswaggs(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
I so much love this thread.
I know God uses someone to help another. I am a graduate of chemistry from a reputable university in Nigeria bagged a 2.1 currently reside in abuja. Will be so grateful if any opportunity comes and am willing to relocate if need be. E-mail: marklinchis@yahoo.com tnx
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by shegzb: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
Course - Business Education (Accounting)
Location - Sango
Work place either Ogun or lagos
..Email- testimonynov2008@yahoo.com.......pls I really need a job..being searching for a job 4 3yrs now.. pls help.... God bless you as you help..

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ubizle(f): 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by engrshakespeare: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
ubizle:

Pease how did you learn Chinese? I am interested in learning that or any other foreign language but don't know how to go about it.

I started in Oko poly through confucius institute
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ritux: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
taiwolusol:

And you got married to the girl lipsrsealed. grin

Yes of course
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by engrshakespeare: 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
profsomebody:
Broa, where did u learn d language? I've always wanted to learn Chinese and Spanish. Your reply will b appreciated

My sojourn with chinese started in confucius institute Oko poly.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by engrshakespeare: 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
WarRLaY:
Bro,am interested in this, can i have ur email

3112853500@qq.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by umehz4(m): 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
JOB OPPORTUNITY!!!
Greetings. If you know any biochemistry, Foodscience, biology or chemistry student who graduated this year. There is a multinational company looking for workers. As many as possible. They are into products like cosmetics etc, production. They want students who will be having their national service this year. They will interview, select and train you for the job. Kindly ask the person to forward his / her name to 0246624182. They need it ASAP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Promoted To The Rank Of Chief Superintendent Of Police (pics) / Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager / Physically Challenged Man Digs Pit To Feed In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.