Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (34292 Views)

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / 5 Signs You Need To Leave Your Present Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by shrimati(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2015
Esji80:
Yes sir 6k per month.
That is far too low for a graduate... sad. this country is in a shamble. I hope things get better with Buhari policies.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by mummydirect(f): 12:31am On Aug 26, 2015
shrimati:
well it does not look official. If i may ask, why didnt you keep the job? That is another problem our peeps should look into. It is not just about getting job, what about holding onto the one you have?
My dear, I wantd to ignore u at first, cos am not d long talking type but I decided to reply u so that next time b4 making any comments, u reason widely. I resigned after my wedding to live with my hubby who works in another stay, cos my company does not ave a branch in d state where hubby lives. How do u feel now. Think widely next time. Shalom!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by jamanuka: 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
ritux:

Thanks for the compliment. I remember back then, my salary was just 90k. By the time task and pension is removed, it was 79 or 80k. And she stuck with me believing things will be good. I remember vividly how reluctant I was to go for the interview because of the distance but she encouraged me to go. Now I earn close to half a million monthly and we are both happy.

She is God's gift to me.
This so lovely..seriously you just rekindled hope in me that we still have such ladies in Nigeria because honestly I have given up on such
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by shrimati(m): 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
mummydirect:

My dear, I wantd to ignore u at first, cos am not d long talking type but I decided to reply u so that next time b4 making any comments, u reason widely. I resigned after my wedding to live with my hubby who works in another stay, cos my company does not ave a branch in d state where hubby lives. How do u feel now. Think widely next time. Shalom!
NO offense, I only raised a question... research has shown that your email has a lot to do with if employer will even take a look at your CV. That u had a job with that email does not mean it will work for others. well all the best..
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by pweedyuz(f): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2015
femsteve02:

when there are loads of teaching job that can pay 30k upward in my area in lagos
Where do u stay in lag

I studied english nd lit studies nd currently looking 4 a teaching job tho I haven't gone 4 service.........dnt know if I will b accepted ...
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Ayokunle07(m): 8:54am On Sep 10, 2015
BarryJones:
yes sir i am alredy writin ICAN wil soon qualify by Gods grace.....my email is olatundebarnabas@gmail.com

Bros! Sending applications online is good but try talking to people one-on-one. Go on linkedin and package yourself as if you are sending a business proposal.

Networking is the fastest way of getting a job nowadays. I once "advertised" a girl on my BBM PM, highlighting her credentials (First Class too awaiting NYSC) and skills, as if she was a tangible commodity. In no time, one of my customers contacted me and asked for her details. I hooked them up but she declined the job because the pay couldn't cover her transportation costs and some other recurrent costs.

The point is that you need to package yourself like you're trying to sell a product and get a lot of people to know about you and what you can do!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by enny4lyf: 10:29pm On May 13, 2016
[quote author=Pidggin post=37073709]

With less than 510K you could have started a profitable business. Please I dnt mind to pay 250k too. Please link me up
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by enny4lyf: 10:39pm On May 13, 2016
Please connect me with a politician too. Thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by enny4lyf: 10:43pm On May 13, 2016
001ng:
Every body dey claim through luck and hard work. I got my job through connection. I didn't apply. I received a call from a man close to a politician on a Sunday afternoon , I sent my cv that day, the following day I received a message to Come and collect my appointment letter .
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by enny4lyf: 10:45pm On May 13, 2016
Please connect me too with the politician. Thanks.quote author=enny4lyf post=45598699][/quote]
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by enny4lyf: 10:51pm On May 13, 2016
001ng:
Every body dey claim through luck and hard work. I got my job through connection. I didn't apply. I received a call from a man close to a politician on a Sunday afternoon , I sent my cv that day, the following day I received a message to Come and collect my appointment letter .
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by enny4lyf: 10:52pm On May 13, 2016
Please help me too. I also need a connection to get a job. Thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Arisheloaded(m): 5:12am On May 14, 2016
pweedyuz:

Where do u stay in lag

I studied english nd lit studies nd currently looking 4 a teachingr job tho I haven't gone 4 service.........dnt know if I will b accepted ...

Where do you stay in Lagos? I need a teaching job, I studied Education.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Arisheloaded(m): 5:21am On May 14, 2016
Course - Business Education (Accounting Option )

Current Location - Ketu, Lagos.

Email address: larishekola@gmail.com

PLEASE, I need a job. Here is my telephone numbers: 07033255396, 08184355474.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by sasquareT(m): 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Adesiji77:
It was an unsolicited application.

I stumbled on the profiles of some HR staff of the company on Linkedin, "connected" with them, sent my resume via email and the rest is history...

It was not a smooth journey though.
pls how did you mail your resume via LinkedIn? and beside did you have a prior convo with them before sending your cv to them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Happened In My New Work Place. Please advice / My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training / Which Of This Hand Works Earn The Most Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.