Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH (34466 Views)

Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo / Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions / Governor Amosun Sacks Workers & Teacher For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by ModiKen(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2015
Dis is just wrong from whatever angle or perspective u look at it.

Its even an article culled from a newspaper, not a direct statement from any of the workers and it exposes the truth about the state of Education in Ogun state in particular and Nigeria in general.

They send their children abroad to study while the schools attended by children of ordinary Nigerians are in shambles.

Yet a constructive criticism of the poor state of Education is met with a "sack".

Pls Nairalanders lets begin a protest on social media especially on twitter so these workers be reinstated. Also a petition should be written to the appropraite authorities about the situation.

PMB, should be informed about this ugly incident.

Also the sacked workers should file a case against the Ogun state govt. They should be reinstated, given an apology and compensated for the unlawful act.

Is it against the law to point out areas where the govt needs to improve in its governace of the people?

#BringBackOurOgunStateEducationWorkers
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Ndeewonu: 8:55am On Aug 13, 2015
A government that hates criticism in this 21st is not only barbaric but anti-humanity!
Ironically, APC is a ferocious critic of the previous government!

For sure, the passage must have been a newspaper article, which was not written by any of the sacked MOE officers. I therefore believe the victims will sue the govt and claim damages.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by ilo04(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2015
after that idiot call Amosu put d state in serious debt, borrowing money to embark on useless project. This is what left now doing. Oloriburuku
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by khalhokage(m): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2015
They got fired for criticising the government?!
I thought freedom of speech was part of our Constitution?
This is a human rights violation and the sacked officials shouldn't take it lying down.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by MizMyColi(f): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2015
Well I'm not surprised.

The APC of Nigeria, her allies and supporters generally aren't particularly known for accepting criticisms in good faith.

They will most likely employ any means within their reach to silence you.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by whobdisguy: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2015
It is pitiable that amosun would sack those teachers. They were only trying to stimulate the consciousness of the students and open their eyes to the ills of government. Seems the governor would rather have zombies as citizens.
The manner in which the govt clamped down on such alleged offending exam question is reminescent of George Orwell's 1984 where Big Brother was always watching. cry

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by willyboss: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
The truth is very bitter. I must commend the courage of the persons involved for putting things in black and white. IMHO, I would advise they seek redress in the law court. Where is Festus Keyamo?

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by stranded(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Only in Nigeria...
Why were they sacked? They said the truth, or they told a lie? Such flagrant abuse of power is, to say the least, despicable, and counter productive.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Shinor(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2015
I am not disappointed in anyway in Amosun because I have come to realize that Nigerian politicians are the source of our problems in this country. Amosun's action is not only myopic but also satanic, draconian and luciferian. Is this a democratic governor or an impostor? This man ought to be relieved of his post - impeached. He is a disgrace to the gateway state that has produced constructive critics like the Late Great Fela Anikulapo Kuti and Dr Beko Ransome Kuti.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by morningsta(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2015
I hope for the sake of posterity this is not true because it dosent make any sense at all. Why should anyone loose his/her job for such a constructive criticism? Or maybe there is more to this than what we are reading?? embarassed embarassed
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by yak(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2015
It's very annoying how education has nose-dived in Ogun since dis man came with his policies. 1st term exams are written by 4th week or so in 3rd term. Dis 3rd term is d longest term av seen in my life-15wks. Jsce was almost forgotten till parents started crying foul. It's simply annoying how d govt has managed education
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Jamesrock(m): 9:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Like Seriously, Mr Joel Adegbenro was my teacher at ikenne community high school nd he's bin sacked, e pain me 4 u man, bt u dey form ITK for us then... God will take control of u..
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Teebass001(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2015
This is totally uncalled for and should not be heard of in a so called democratic setting. As at the last time I checked, there is still freedom of speech in Nigeria. Ibikunle Amosun you got this all wrong and you need to reverse this grave injustice done to the parties concerned.
"Freedom of speech I can guarantee but freedom after speech I cannot guarantee." Ibikunle Amosun 2015. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by jenti: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2015
The governor should please take a second look and forgive even if he feels offended.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by lekwas: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2015
This is sad indeed. Any government that cannot take criticism whether direct or indirect is a failed government being run by charlatans.

Education should open the mind and reasoning. If young people cannot be given the opportunity to exercise their reasoning using everyday situations how can they be expected to develop?

Little wonder our educational system does not promote independent reasoning.

It is indeed a shame on the government of Ogun State for taking this decision.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by AdeleyeL: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2015
This is not only sad but wicked. Amosun is a dictator and he must be condemned on this. How can you sack these gallant officers for anoffence they know nothing about? Everything in that passage are nothing but the truth. Ogun educational system is in shamble.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by vikyno(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2015
If only those officials knew APC hates the truth but celebrate lies.
It's all part of the Change they voted for.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2015
Its quite unfortunate that something like this could happen in such a state where 80 percent of the student cannot even read English properly. ( even the ones about to write waec). few can construct a single sentence correctly. Education is in shambles and yet the government feels doing the right thing is to shut the mouth of truth sayers.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by agabaI23(m): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2015
frankyychiji:
You mean the garrulous Prof Sagay? grin grin Sorry, because you will never find him when you need him! What about the Ahoy himself, one of his brothers suggested yesterday that he was going senile! grin Yes! The Ahoy, best known for his wine "connoisseuring" skills is going senile! Ok maybe you meant the Navigator in Chief, oh yes! The Baba himself, the old foxy one, this one is happening in his backyard ooo!

....the spell of mass hypnotism cast on the entire south west by their asiwaju for the past 16yrs is gradually loosing its potency! The people are now asking questions in Osun, Lagos and Ogun states! May God help them in their quest for freedom, AMEN!!
well said sir. How are you?

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by jaybee(f): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2015
Emmahunk:
Due process? Of what? This is absolute rubbish and the governor and his advisers should go and hide their faces in shame.
If the issues raised in the 'comprehension' are true, the government should have reacted by positively addressing them in the form of proferring solutions and not their cowardly action of sacking the officials.
Any government that is too full of itself that it does not welcome positive criticisms is definitely headed to the rocks.

one question for Amosu:

IS THERE ANY EXISTING LAW, OR REGULATION OR GUIDELINE OR EVEN INSTRUCTION, THAT SETS LIMITS TO THE SUBJECT AREA OF DISCOURSE THAT TEACHERS (NATIONALLY OR IN OGUN STATE) CAN TEST OR EXAMINE STUDENTS/PUPILS IN?

I REST MY CASE

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by phoenix28: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
It is so sad Nigeria and indeed Ogun state degenerated to the level where the most useless and incompetent now direct our affairs. Amosun a guy that is educational history are all contentious. Let him display his 4 credit o'level result for the nation ,or the fact that his internship date and OND result clash or the so called nonexistent degree he profess to get from University of Westminster.
The fact that all the elders in the state have turned a blind for receiving due patronage in the looting of the state. God will judge OBJ, Ahoy - Soyinka , HRH Awujale , All other royal fathers and a host of others. OGD was bad but Ibikunle Amosun is the worst. Now we have the change we clamour for . I have always said a genuine change is not APC but parties like NCP or KOWA.
Oluwa lomo ejo daa.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by ikorodureporta: 9:38am On Aug 13, 2015
G.conscience!
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Sagamite(m): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2015
Kimoni:
What nonsense? Why should they be sacked? What exactly have they said that is untrue? Uncle Tai must be turning in his grave right now cry cry No wonder baba said not to bury him. This is exactly what you fought for for years and today, the stench is coming right from our own very kitchen.

Even in the military days, Ogun State never allowed dictators. We could never be bullied.

Amodu will never get away with this

Cc Sagamite, Bellong

I was reading it with shock this morning.

Those teachers/civil servant need to sue for unfair dismissal.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by deetomee: 9:42am On Aug 13, 2015
Obviously saying the truth isn't crime, but in a country like nigeria it's a big issue. They should contact the national human right commission chairman Prof. Chidi Odinkalu and the chairman human right activist femi falana (SAN). What a useless government; they want to be praised for doing nothing. ASS!!!
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Boyooosa(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2015
Tintinnoty:
this is funny
Ignore laziness and read the story again, then re-comment.
it aint funny at all, please Seun forward a copy of this article to the Human Rights Activists of Life and you will know that that decision maker ought to be nailed.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by blecele: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2015
Can Nigerians see it, they don't want the truth, all they want are praise singers even when they doing the right thing or not. I don't even understand the regime we are again, whether it is military or democracy.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Tintinnoty(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2015
Boyooosa:

Ignore laziness and read the story again, then re-comment.
it aint funny at all, please Seun forward a copy of this article to the Human Rights Activists of Life and you will know that that decision maker ought to be nailed.
I Mean Funny Literally funny in the sense that they got sacked governor they said the simple truth
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by klax(m): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Pls I don't get this post very well. Pls are you saying these folks were fired simply because asking student to write *their view as per the state of education in Nigeria* Or am I missing something here
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by BizBayo: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
CharlieMaria:
.Which one is offensive exam question again? Mtccheeew

You see this Naija ehn, no joint english (words) wey person no go hear.
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Fiyinoriginal: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
This cannot be democracy; the best it can be is crazy - demo: 'the demonstration of craziness' at the highest level and this gullible leaders always seem to get away with it. This county is critically ill!
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by Boyooosa(m): 10:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Tintinnoty:
I Mean Funny Literally funny in the sense that they got sacked governor they said the simple truth
k!
It is ridiculous, in a state like Ogun State, where remarkably modern civilization of Nigerians takes its origin.... Where a lot of Elites, intellectuals and meaningful leaders hailed from... na wa O!
Re: Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH by mu2sa2: 10:10am On Aug 13, 2015
These people have been unfairly treated by a callous government. What has happened does not amount to misconduct under the civil service rules to warrant the punishment. To get to salary grade level 16 or 17 you must have put in not less than 25 years in service. And this is what an unscrupulous politician has just rubbished. The trade unions must not allow the thoughtless governor get away with this injustice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Think Schools Will Resume Fully This Year? / Outrage As UNIBEN Security Slaps Student Over Alleged Indecent Dressing / Usman Danfodio University Students Reading Under The Moonlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.