Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place (1088 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place by Mrbigman1(m): 6:53am On Aug 13, 2015
After the helicopter crash yesterday, everybody in my current location had the news telling from dia mouth. People panicked and some have started thinking of getting an alternative job in town just to be with thier families. An American said he can't continue this cos it's not save in Nigeria. Like we actually like him taking our job Mtcheww!!.

My boss who's leaving this morning have been silent and praying since last night with an option of changing his mind. Lol. No body wan die.

Information reaching us here says that the plan was coming in from a rig (sedco express) my company worked dia as well. The rig is leaving Nigeria today and those wia among the last personnel to leave before d rig sails.

Sedco was been contracted by Agip Nigeria who are known very well for dia careless attitude on safety but the must crazy part of the news is that the chopper (kisrosky S-70). Is said to be an out dated kind of chopper and can only be found in africa (dumping ground)

My question is, who authorised that chopper into this country?

Who gave it licence to fly?

Bristow is one of the world leading air travel company, why do dey choose to do this to dem selves?

What would the National assembly say and do about this?

What would Agip say and do about this?

Am tired of flying a vibrating air plane.

We need change in this part of the world.
Re: Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place by obrian(m): 7:12am On Aug 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 13, 2015
nah who I go ask
Re: Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2015
Agip again? make una protest na
Re: Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2015
We need Change, We need Change... Who the change done Help?
We need Sense!!!

1 Like

Re: Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place by Kingbilo(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Sedco was been contracted by Agip Nigeria who are known very well for dia careless attitude on safety but the must crazy part of the news is that [s]the chopper (kisrosky S-70). Is said to be an out dated kind of chopper and can only be found in africa (dumping ground)[/s]

My question is, who authorised that chopper into this country?

It's called a Sikorsky s76 c++ and its far from outdated . at the moment Bristow is upgrading their fleet as well. If you compare with other helicopter companies I'm sure you will retract your words. Your company knows why they have a contract with Bristow and I'm sure there were rigorous safety audits before any agreement was signed. Having said that, helicopter crashes happen. It's one of the most unsafe ways to travel. Unfortunately given the size of bristows operations they were bound to draw the short strw sooner or later.
Re: Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place by Mrbigman1(m): 5:38am On Aug 14, 2015
Kingbilo:

It's called a Sikorsky s76 c++ and its far from outdated . at the moment Bristow is upgrading their fleet as well. If you compare with other helicopter companies I'm sure you will retract your words. Your company knows why they have a contract with Bristow and I'm sure there were rigorous safety audits before any agreement was signed. Having said that, helicopter crashes happen. It's one of the most unsafe ways to travel. Unfortunately given the size of bristows operations they were bound to draw the short strw sooner or later.

Oga, I dnt know who u work for,
But if u re not tired of flying in an aircraft that vibrates like it wanna shatter, pls I am.

If u re not tired of flying an air craft that it's floater pops out in d middle of the air by flying you back to base, manh am tired.

If u re not tired of always flying above people's zinc every now and den to prevent heavy casualty, bro am tired.

S76 is warn out and please dnt defend it.
Why is such news not ever heard in abadeen or golf of Mexico?

Last time it was in Ghana, other time it was a controlled landing on water and everyone survived and now it's 4 persons who's families are waiting for after weeks of been away to make money is the middle of no wia, what will dey get? Life less beings?

Agip uses that ONE chopper for all its crew change to sedco cos dey re managing. Dat same chopper can fly 5 times a day just to catch up with requirement. Why Wnt it happen?

Bro common, wake up and let's make dis country worth staying.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Places You Shouldn’t Visit In Australia / The Abuja Hotel Where You Pay N20,000 For Doing Nothing / U.s Intending Immigrants, Under The (f1, F2b, F3 And F4 Categories).lets Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.