Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. (5508 Views)

Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme / "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 8:26am On Aug 13, 2015
Bishop Matthew Kukah, one of the most respected clergymen in Nigeria is currently talking marvellous sense on Channels.

Buhari and APC should stop the over-diagnosis going on and face the business of governance for which they were elected into office.

At least there still reasonable people in this country filled with so many hypocrites and people intent on currying favour from the government in power ...
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Obijulius: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2015
Vindictive Buhari.

I pray he doesn't make the same mistakes all over again.
When the hawks sell nonsense to gullible Nigerians through the media he will be shocked how the people he is fighting for will abandon him.

Nigeria does not appreciate great leaders. Some people denied MKO Abiola the honor to be immortalised by renaming UNILAG after him. These are the same people that will stone Buhari when the media machine is set against him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by amnesty7: 8:32am On Aug 13, 2015
Kukah is respected ko? Anti-Buhari man in disguise. He shall be shamed along with his PDP ppl. They are not happy with the positive changes occuring.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by sainty2k3(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2015
Men of God should stay away from politics , especially in Nigeria.
The summary of his stand is that Buhari should stop anti corruption move a against the last regime as a gesture to GEJ voluntarily handing over.
Again this is wrong.

10 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2015
Buhari should start walking the talk.

He said he was for everybody and for nobody.

Obama came with "Yes We Can" and is being rated along that catch-phrase.

We are watching Buhari on his all-inclusive government promise.

1 million gbosas for you Bishop!

BTW, has Buhari been fulfilling his promise of fairness and equity and national character in appointments so far?

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 13, 2015
I am listening to Bishop Kukah and he has somewhat moderated my passion for aggressive pursuit of supposed thieves of our commonwealth. I hope this erosion of passion doesn't dovetail to the present administration and mitigate the need to recover what is stolen.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by seunmsg(m): 8:45am On Aug 13, 2015
I watched the interview and I was very disappointed. Kukah's insinuation that we owe GEJ so much for conceding defeat is absolute trash. Nigerians owe GEJ nothing. He won the presidential election in 2011 and lost in 2015. We don't need to pamper him because he conceded defeat. He and his aides should be prepared to return the monies they looted and face the full wrath of the law for the actions they took while in office. The anti corruption war must continue and father Kukah and his cohorts better go back home and stop trying to stampede the president from doing his work.

15 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 8:46am On Aug 13, 2015
sainty2k3:
Men of God should stay away from politics , especially in Nigeria.
The summary of his stand is that Buhari should stop anti corruption move a against the last regime as a gesture to GEJ voluntarily handing over.
Again this is wrong.
Think!

Buhari's job description is not solely to fight corruption. There is something called multi-tasking!

The country should not remain directionless and stagnant just because Buhari and APC are giddy or have frozen on the soapbox.

Nobody is deceived by the ruse of trying to confuse Nigerians with the so-called fight on corruption. A fight that is, for all intents and purposes, a ploy to witch-hunt perceived enemies while shielding cronies and associates who bankrolled Buhari's election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2015
seunmsg:
I watched the interview and I was very disappointed. Kukah's insinuation that we owe GEJ so much for conceding defeat is absolute trash. Nigerians owe GEJ nothing. He won the presidential election in 2011 and lost in 2015. We don't need to pamper him because he conceded defeat. He and his aides should be prepared to return the monies they looted and face the full wrath of the law for the actions they took while in office. The anti corruption war must continue and father Kukah and his cohorts better go back home and stop trying to stampede the president from doing his work.
You are a typical APC supporter...

Most of you camp followers have chosen to divorce objectivity a long time ago.

Why quote the Bishop out of context?

You tell me why...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by sainty2k3(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
Think!

Buhari's job description is not solely to fight corruption. There is something called multi-tasking!

The country should not remain directionless and stagnant just because Buhari and APC are giddy or have frozen on the soapbox.

Nobody is deceived by the ruse of trying to confuse Nigerians with the so-called fight on corruption. A fight that is, for all intents and purposes, a ploy to witch-hunt perceived enemies while shielding cronies and associates who bankrolled Buhari's election.
Calm down guy and we should not loose our politeness on this please. So tell me if buhari hasn't do anything since, How has the fight against corruption stopped fighting boko haram ,Nnpc reform, steps taken on amnesty in Nigerdselta and ogoni land clean up, and others.
He must work, but the anti corruption crusade must continue, should we just forget the hundred million of dollars this people have taken away, just like that

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by fulanimafia: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
Buhari should start walking the talk.

He said he was for everybody and for nobody.

Obama came with "Yes We Can" and is being rated along that catch-phrase.

We are watching Buhari on his all-inclusive government promise.

1 million gbosas for you Bishop!

BTW, has Buhari been fulfilling his promise of fairness and equity and national character in appointments so far?

What promise? Kindly clarify.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2015
sainty2k3:

Calm down guy and we should not loose our politeness on this please. So tell me if buhari hasn't do anything since, How has the fight against corruption stopped fighting boko haram ,Nnpc reform, steps taken on amnesty in Nigerdselta and ogoni land clean up, and others.
He must work, but the anti corruption crusade must continue, should we just forget the hundreds of million of dollars this people have take away, just like that
If you understand the workings of politics, you would see that all Buhari has been doing is play to the gallery.

He has been running a propagandist government so far. Make one or two pronouncements that would make the partisan media sing his praises to high heavens.

In terms of concrete and fundamental policy direction, very infinitesimal.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by fulanimafia: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Father Kukah is a man I respect so much. He should not allow any sentiments becloud his objectivity.

I cannot possibly entertain the idea that a man should not pay for his crimes, because he did what he was supposed to do.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by poshstore: 9:04am On Aug 13, 2015
Sinners must confess their sins to be free in xtianity.So Father Kukah should instead tell GEJ &co to confess their corrupts acts so they can be forgiven.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2015
fulanimafia:

What promise? Kindly clarify.
You are feigning ignorance, abi?

Tell me you support the nepotism that Buhari has made the cornerstone of his government.

Jonathan may have erred, but he left a legacy of selflessness. He gave us Jega, a fairly disinterested election umpire.

Buhari is foisting his family relative on Nigeria and you expect patriotic Nigerians men of goodwill like Bishop Kukah to keep mute?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by sainty2k3(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
If you understand the workings of politics, you would see that all Buhari has been doing is play to the gallery.

He has been running a propagandist government so far. Make one or two pronouncements that would make the partisan media sing his praises to high heavens.

In terms of concrete and fundamental policy direction, very infinitesimal.

That's your opinion and your own understanding. I disagree with that, but we need not argue this, time will tell.
If my memory about 2011 is still right, even Gej returning after being president for a year didn't make any fundamental policies in the first 2 months, save for his 6year single tenure move
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Ghandi12: 9:10am On Aug 13, 2015
I am not privileged to see this interview but I have an advice for these self-appointed thieve advocates - You are not doing God's bidding defending unrepentant thieves and you will have your fingers burnt.

These people are quick to defend the high and mighty that have cornered Billions of the nation's commonwealth but they failed and still fail to admonish these thieves that for every kobo they steal there is a child loosing his live in the creek.

This kind of anti-people campaign is a quick way to soil their image before the masses. Majority voted for Buhari because he promised us he would recover stolen funds.

We the teeming masses are solidly behind Buhari's efforts at recovering all looted funds irrespective of personalities involved.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2015
Ishilove and the moderators, this ought to be on front page.

Thankfully, the social media have not toed the line of the largely partisan traditional media.

Most of our fair-weather political activists have gone on a self-imposed hibernation. Folks are jostling for political appointments.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by fulanimafia: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
You are feigning ignorance, abi?

Tell me you support the nepotism that Buhari has made the cornerstone of his government.

Jonathan may have erred, but he left a legacy of selflessness. He gave us Jega, a fairly disinterested election umpire.

Buhari is foisting his family relative on Nigeria and you expect patriotic Nigerians men of goodwill like Bishop Kukah to keep mute?

You are deliberately conflating issues, I will take no part in that.

You asserted that PMB is breaking his promise of equal representation. Again I ask, what promise? Or don't you know what you were saying?
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2015
Ghandi12:
I am not privileged to see this interview but I have an advice for these self-appointed thieve advocates - You are not doing God's bidding defending unrepentant thieves and you will have your fingers burnt.

These people are quick to defend the high and mighty that have cornered Billions of the nation's commonwealth but they failed and still fail to admonish these thieves that for every kobo they steal there is a child loosing his live in the creek.

This kind of anti-people campaign is a quick way to soil their image before the masses. Majority voted for Buhari because he promised us he would recover stolen funds.

We the teeming masses are solidly behind Buhari's efforts at recovering all looted funds irrespective of personalities involved.
Nobody has tried to absolve culpable Nigerians from facing the music. There is no how you should expect a respected figure of Bishop Kukah's rectitude to assert that those who stole public funds should go scot-free.

The problem with some of you guys is that you are apparently lost amidst the propaganda being skilfully applied by politicians.

Buhari is a mortal and therefore fallible. The way he is going tend to give the impression that he wouldn't make mistakes. Whether you guys like it or not, Buhari will make mistakes .

We have a problem with the messianic slant of Buhari's behaviour. It is misleading and it will certainly not bode well for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2015
fulanimafia:

You are deliberately conflating issues, I will take no part in that.

You asserted that PMB is breaking his promise of equal representation. Again I ask, what promise? Or don't you know what you were saying?
You are the one being deliberately obtuse.

Buhari swore to an oath to uphold the constitution of the land and ensuring that the principle of national character as enshrined therein remained sacrosanct. Has he done that?

What exactly has he done to promote the cause of democracy by appointing the present INEC helmsperson?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by fulanimafia: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
You are the one being deliberately obtuse.

Buhari swore to an oath to uphold the constitution of the land and ensuring that the principle of national character as enshrined therein remained sacrosanct. Has he done that?

What exactly has he done to promote the cause of democracy by appointing the present INEC helmsperson?

What are your reservations with the appointment? What exact part of the dictates of national character were not adhered to?

Let us maintain objectivity.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by sammyj: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2015
This man has finally lost the respect i used to have for him. I have a feeling if GEJ administration is probed Kukah will be indicted in one pastor association scam or another. Elder state man who claimed to be man of God seems to be playing the god of men tactics !!! angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by hinwazaka: 9:48am On Aug 13, 2015
amnesty7:
Kukah is respected ko? Anti-Buhari man in disguise. He shall be shamed along with his PDP ppl. They are not happy with the positive changes occuring.
Can you produce proof of the reverend father's affiliation with the PDP. Something like a picture would suffice, like the DSS Head captured in a picture of members of the APC. On the show Rev Kukah raised salient points on this issue. The APC government should get down to true governance and stop playing us for fools
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 9:49am On Aug 13, 2015
*Deleted Repetition*
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 9:49am On Aug 13, 2015
fulanimafia:

What are your reservations with the appointment? What exact part of the dictates of national character were not adhered to?

Let us maintain objectivity.
For me, Jonathan's greatest legacy was appointing Jega, a man known to take no prisoners. Note that Jega made his name as ASUU president in fighting the military authorities to a standstill.

One would have expected that Buhari, a man whose ascent to power benefited from the efforts of political activism democracy entrenchment, would have known better than to prepare a veritable ground for favouritism and compromising election results.

Commonsense ought to have suggested he appoint an eligible candidate from the south. At least, that would have allayed the suspicion that Buhari has a design on the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:55am On Aug 13, 2015
God bless "Rev Father Kukah"

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
God bless "Rev Father Kukah"
Misrule thrives when good men watch and say nothing.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by giles14(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2015
seunmsg:
wot Bishop kukah said is absolutely true.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by fulanimafia: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
For me, Jonathan's greatest legacy was appointing Jega, a man known to take no prisoners. Note that Jega made his name as ASUU president in fighting the military authorities to a standstill.

One would have expected that Buhari, a man whose ascent to power benefited from the efforts of political activism democracy entrenchment, would have known better than to prepare a veritable ground for favouritism and compromising election results.

Commonsense ought to have suggested he appoint an eligible candidate from the south. At least, that would have allayed the suspicion that Buhari has a design on the presidency.

[s]One would have expected...
Commonsense ought to have...[/s]

Can you now see you are pointless on this issue? Your accusation was that PMB promised balanced representation, which i pointed out to be baseless.

Then you came with his abandoning his pledge to adhere to the national character principle. i asked how? Again you came up empty...appealing to sentiments.

Are you then suggesting a southern INEC candidate would deliberately frustrate PMB? With regard to Jega's appointment, it is open knowledge that the PDP did all they could to retire him before the elections. The Orubebe saga cements their opinion and intentions regarding him.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2015
fulanimafia:

[s]One would have expected...
Commonsense ought to have...[/s]

Can you now see you are pointless on this issue? Your accusation was that PMB promised balanced representation, which i pointed out to be baseless.

Then you came with his abandoning his pledge to adhere to the national character principle. i asked how? Again you came up empty...appealing to sentiments.

Are you then suggesting a southern INEC candidate would deliberately frustrate PMB? With regard to Jega's appointment, it is open knowledge that the PDP did all they could to retire him before the elections. The Orubebe saga cements their opinion and intentions regarding him.
Oga you can do better na!

Politics remains a divisive contest. Even in other areas of human endeavour like sports where the stakes are even lower, circumspection is naturally observed in appointing umpires.

So you tell me the propriety of Buhari choosing to appoint a head of INEC related to him never mind the remoteness of the relationship.

One thing is very vivid: either Buhari is taking Nigerians as fools or he sees the country as his private estate which he would govern as a sole administrator.

I am appalled you even arguing something as obvious as the above.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by fulanimafia: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
Oga you can do better na!

Politics remains a divisive contest. Even in other areas of human endeavour like sports where the stakes are even lower, circumspection is naturally observed in appointing umpires.

So you tell me the propriety of Buhari choosing to appoint a head of INEC related to him never mind the remoteness of the relationship.

One thing is very vivid: either Buhari is taking Nigerians as fools or he sees the country as his private estate which he would govern as a sole administrator.

I am appalled you even arguing something as obvious as the above.

Your assertion can only hold water if elections were not between political parties, but between north and south. Until the latter is the case, the current INEC head is valid umpire.

You have still not told us the part of the national character principle that was violated with her appointment. Until you can, all your screams are irrelevant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Buhari Will Exceed His 2015 Vote Tally" - Buhari's Aides / Despite Growth Promise, Power Supply Averages 3,952MW / FG To Pay Dec Salary Before Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.