Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. (5518 Views)

Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme / "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2015
fulanimafia:

Your assertion can only hold water if elections were not between political parties, but between north and south. Until the latter is the case, the current INEC head is valid umpire.

You have still not told us the part of the national character principle that was violated with her appointment. Until you can, all your screams are irrelevant.
Don't let me brand you incorrigible...

You may now begin to understand why Jonathan remains popular despite the calculated attempt by the largely vindictive APC party to rubbish him.

Here was a man who had the power to appoint one of his Bayelsa kinsmen as the head of INEC but who resisted the temptation because of his love for democracy.

You are cutting a ludicrous figure in suggesting that Jonathan was incapable of removing Jega.

For the records, Jonathan could have removed Jega and nothing would have happened. He chose the part of morality even against the wishes of his party men who had documented evidence of APC's overtures with Jega.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Ghandi12: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
Nobody has tried to absolve culpable Nigerians from facing the music. There is no how you should expect a respected figure of Bishop Kukah's rectitude to assert that those who stole public funds should go scot-free.

No mortal should be apotheosized. I have only commented on the alleged quote of the Reverend. If the quotes are true he is going anti-people and anti-God. Over 70% of Nigerians live below poverty line and these are the ones that need the attention of the likes of Rev. Kukah. He should not be seen to be defending the powerful who are accused of helping themselves to the funds meant for better life of the poor.

maestroferddi:
...The problem with some of you guys is that you are apparently lost amidst the propaganda being skilfully applied by politicians. Buhari is a mortal and therefore fallible. The way he is going tend to give the impression that he wouldn't make mistakes. Whether you guys like it or not, Buhari will make mistakes.

Anyway I am not "some of you guys". I know every mortal is fallible and I don't believe Buhari is perfect.

maestroferddi:
...We have a problem with the messianic slant of Buhari's behaviour. It is misleading and it will certainly not bode well for all of us.

I do not see Buhari as a Messiah but Buhari's behaviour is what we have been missing in Presidency since Obasanjo - Authority, decisiveness, and consequential actions.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by bjdon: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2015
The simple truth is that a president has MANY roles to furfil. Right now Buhari seems to be pee-occupied with 'corruption'. Well meaning people are starring to notice that this is becoming an obsession to the detriment of other spheres of govt. All Buhari needs to do is appoint people he trusts to head the ant-corruption agencies, appoint a credible Attorney General, give these people their marching orders, and then get on with attending to the many other massive problems the country faces.
Also we must not be naive. We wish this country works like the US or Uk, but it does not. This is Nigeria. If Buhari really goes after GEJ and the PDP looters, then he ALSO HAS to go after Ammechi, Tinubu and every other ACP looter. Trust me this country will explode if only GEJ has his cronies are being hounded. That is just the truth of the matter. Now please tell me how does Buhari go against Amechi and Tinubu when they'll turn round and say 'Baba the funds you are querying us on where what was used to fund your nomination and campaign'. What happens are that point? How did he think his campaign was funded.
This is why I've always been a bit dubious about all Buhari's anti-corruption talk. It always seems selective. Til this day he has never acknowledged that Abacha was corrupt simply because, he served in that govt.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Goke7: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
Nobody has tried to absolve culpable Nigerians from facing the music. There is no how you should expect a respected figure of Bishop Kukah's rectitude to assert that those who stole public funds should go scot-free.

The problem with some of you guys is that you are apparently lost amidst the propaganda being skilfully applied by politicians.

Buhari is a mortal and therefore fallible. The way he is going tend to give the impression that he wouldn't make mistakes. Whether you guys like it or not, Buhari will make mistakes .

We have a problem with the messianic slant of Buhari's behaviour. It is misleading and it will certainly not bode well for all of us.

My guy forget story, kukah knows what he is doing, the likes of ayo the CAN president has been indicted esp in the south Africa arms deal and kukah knows the implication for himself as a priest and Christianity in Nigeria as a whole. Kukah is trying to prevent the opening of a can of worms and I truly sympathetize with him especially as a Christian but the question is how do we get ourselves into this mess?

Second Question: when will Corruption stop?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Goke7: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:

The problem with some of you guys is that you are apparently lost amidst the propaganda being skilfully applied by politicians.

Buhari is a mortal and therefore fallible. The way he is going tend to give the impression that he wouldn't make mistakes. Whether you guys like it or not, Buhari will make mistakes .

We have a problem with the messianic slant of Buhari's behaviour. It is misleading and it will certainly not bode well for all of us.

My guy forget story, lets be real kukah knows what he is doing, the likes of ayo the CAN president has been indicted esp in the south Africa arms deal and kukah knows the implication for himself as a priest and Christianity in Nigeria as a whole. Kukah is trying to prevent the opening of a can of worms by using the concession of defeat by GEJ as an excuse and I truly sympathetize with him especially as a Christian but the question is how do we get ourselves into this mess?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Ghandi12: 10:45am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
You may now begin to understand why Jonathan remains popular despite the calculated attempt by the largely vindictive APC party to rubbish him.
Here was a man who had the power to appoint one of his Bayelsa kinsmen as the head of INEC but who resisted the temptation because of his love for democracy.
You are cutting a ludicrous figure in suggesting that Jonathan was incapable of removing Jega.
For the records, Jonathan could have removed Jega and nothing would have happened. He chosed the part of morality even against the wishes of his party men who had documented evidence of APC's overtures with Jega.

You appear to be derailing this thread. You are turning it into praise-singing of Mr. Jonathan. The topic here is on the interview granted by a respected Rev. Kukah.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Goke7: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2015
bjdon:
The simple truth is that a president has MANY roles to furfil. Right now Buhari seems to be pee-occupied with 'corruption'. Well meaning people are starring to notice that this is becoming an obsession to the detriment of other spheres of govt. All Buhari needs to do is appoint people he trusts to head the ant-corruption agencies, appoint a credible Attorney General, give these people their marching orders, and then get on with attending to the many other massive problems the country faces.
Also we must not be naive. We wish this country works like the US or Uk, but it does not. This is Nigeria. If Buhari really goes after GEJ and the PDP looters, then he ALSO HAS to go after Ammechi, Tinubu and every other ACP looter. Trust me this country will explode if only GEJ has his cronies are being hounded. That is just the truth of the matter. Now please tell me how does Buhari go against Amechi and Tinubu when they'll turn round and say 'Baba the funds you are querying us on where what was used to fund your nomination and campaign'. What happens are that point? How did he think his campaign was funded.
This is why I've always been a bit dubious about all Buhari's anti-corruption talk. It always seems selective. Til this day he has never acknowledged that Abacha was corrupt simply because, he served in that govt.

This tinubu and amaechi excuse is becoming stale pls try another strategy and have u hear that buhari is preventing the anti corruption agencies from doing their work? Which appointment again when a panel headed by prof sagay has been set up.

Una funny o lol
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 10:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Ghandi12:

No mortal should be apotheosized. I have only commented on the alleged quote of the Reverend. If the quotes are true he is going anti-people and anti-God. Over 70% of Nigerians live below poverty line and these are the ones that need the attention of the likes of Rev. Kukah. He should not be seen to be defending the powerful who are accused of helping themselves to the funds meant for better life of the poor.

Anyway I am not "some of you guys". I know every mortal is fallible and I don't believe Buhari is perfect.

I do not see Buhari as a Messiah but Buhari's behaviour is what we have been missing in Presidency since Obasanjo - Authority, decisiveness, and consequential actions.
Tersely put, Bishop Kukah just like other well-meaning Nigerians, want Buhari to roll down his sleeves and soil his hands in work.

We are sick and tired of propaganda and media trials of both the guilty and the presumed guilty...

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2015
bjdon:
Objective and thoughtful Nigerians refused to be fooled.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 11:07am On Aug 13, 2015
Ghandi12:

You appear to be derailing this thread. You are turning it into praise-singing of Mr. Jonathan. The topic here is on the interview granted by a respected Rev. Kukah.
Nobody is derailing anything.

A convoluted question would get a convoluted answer. Shikena.

Jonathan is now a seven-headed demon and has to be burnt on the stake at all cost, abi?

You guys are getting delirious. You are getting carried away...
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Ghandi12: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2015
You and I are not saying the same thing. Highlighted below is where I take exception to Rev. Kukah. He needs not dabble into former President Jonathan's advocacy.

His words: “There is no such thing as probe in a democratic setting like ours. What obtains is investigation, and once people lead and things are not right, in­vestigation becomes necessary.

“However, in doing that, we must never be distracted from the spectacular actions undertaken by former President Jonathan. He is an individual.

Did Rev. Kukah serve under GEJ? Is he GEJ lawyer?
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Ghandi12: 11:11am On Aug 13, 2015
Nairaland rule
1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.

maestroferddi:
Nobody is derailing anything.
A convoluted question would get a convoluted answer. Shikena.
Jonathan is now a seven-headed demon and has to be burnt on the stake at all cost, abi?
You guys are getting delirious. You are getting carried away...
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2015
Goke7:

My guy forget story, lets be real kukah knows what he is doing, the likes of ayo the CAN president has been indicted esp in the south Africa arms deal and kukah knows the implication for himself as a priest and Christianity in Nigeria as a whole. Kukah is trying to prevent the opening of a can of worms by using the concession of defeat by GEJ as an excuse and I truly sympathetize with him especially as a Christian but the question is how do we get ourselves into this mess?

If were you, I would have weighed up the consequences before casting thoughtless aspersions on a man of unimpeachable character like Bishop Kukah.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by fulanimafia: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:

For the records, Jonathan could have removed Jega and nothing would have happened. He chosed the part of morality even against the wishes of his party men who had documented evidence of APC's overtures with Jega.

Cry me a river, the clueless one lacked that capacity as subsequent events eventually revealed.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by doncaster(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2015
fulanimafia:
Father Kukah is a man I respect so much. He should not allow any sentiments becloud his objectivity.

I cannot possibly entertain the idea that a man should not pay for his crimes, because he did what he was supposed to do.
When 10 people commit such sin and single out one person pay for the crime of 10, something must be wrong somewhere. Let everybody that sins pay for his or her own sin.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Ghandi12: 11:20am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
If were you, I would have weighed up the consequences before casting thoughtless aspersions on a man of unimpeachable character like Bishop Kukah.

Unimpeachable?! but these are your earlier words:

maestroferddi:
We have a problem with the messianic slant of Buhari's behaviour
. It is misleading and it will certainly not bode well for all of us.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2015
fulanimafia:

Cry me a river, the clueless one lacked that capacity as subsequent events eventually revealed.
Are we doing kunu or burukutu joint interchange here?!
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by baralatie(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
Think!

Buhari's job description is not solely to fight corruption. There is something called multi-tasking!

The country should not remain directionless and stagnant just because Buhari and APC are giddy or have frozen on the soapbox.

Nobody is deceived by the ruse of trying to confuse Nigerians with the so-called fight on corruption. A fight that is, for all intents and purposes, a ploy to witch-hunt perceived enemies while shielding cronies and associates who bankrolled Buhari's election.
you have a strong point here
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by baralatie(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2015
doncaster:
When 10 people commit such sin and single out one person pay for the crime of 10, something must be wrong somewhere. Let everybody that sins pay for his or her own sin.
this is gold
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by baralatie(m): 11:30am On Aug 13, 2015
bjdon:
you just scored a goal!
don't be supprised how loop sided this PMB govt is framed.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2015
Ghandi12:

Unimpeachable?! but these are your earlier words:

Use of English language.

Unimpeachable reads uncompromiseable or incorruptible if you like.

Contextually corect, I daresay.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by kaypound(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2015
seunmsg:
I watched the interview and I was very disappointed. Kukah's insinuation that we owe GEJ so much for conceding defeat is absolute trash. Nigerians owe GEJ nothing. He won the presidential election in 2011 and lost in 2015. We don't need to pamper him because he conceded defeat. He and his aides should be prepared to return the monies they looted and face the full wrath of the law for the actions they took while in office. The anti corruption war must continue and father Kukah and his cohorts better go back home and stop trying to stampede the president from doing his work.
God bless you sir...
pls ignore the mumu that doesnt see sense in what you posted
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2015
kaypound:

God bless you sir...
pls ignore the mumu that doesnt see sense in what you posted
APC people with insult and intimidation in the DNA...
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by SonOfEl(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2015
sammyj:
This man has finally lost the respect i used to have for him. I have a feeling if GEJ administration is probed Kukah will be indicted in one pastor association scam or another. Elder state man who claimed to be man of God seems to be playing the god of men tactics !!! angry undecided

who needs your respect? the other day you APC sadists were praising FATHER MBAKA because of his negative stance on Jonathan, now you are demonizing REV. KUKAH because he is criticising buhari.

keep you skewed respect. you remain insignificant even in nairaland politics section let alone the entire Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by SonOfEl(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2015
sammyj:
This man has finally lost the respect i used to have for him. I have a feeling if GEJ administration is probed Kukah will be indicted in one pastor association scam or another. Elder state man who claimed to be man of God seems to be playing the god of men tactics !!! angry undecided

who needs your respect? the other day you APC sadists were praising FATHER MBAKA because of his negative stance on Jonathan, now you are demonizing REV. KUKAH because he is criticising buhari.

keep you skewed respect. you remain insignificant even in nairaland politics section let alone the entire Nigeria.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by Plshavmercyamen: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
I did not watch the interview and probably can't make a WELL informed contribution on this. Be that as it may, I'm an Igbo Man that supported and voted Buhari amidst hostilities in the East just for him to recover a substantial if not all of the money mindlessly looted by Jona and his co-travelers. Hence, I consider it abominable for anybody to either subtly or openly prevail/pressure or even suggest that Buhari should TOTALLY abandon this mission. And for Buhari's info, so many Nigerians voted for him cos of this and the day he abandons this mission, wil be the day SO MANY Nigerians wil abandon him and the Love wil turn to CHRONIC HATE. Udo diri unu

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by kaypound(m): 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
APC people with insult and intimidation in the DNA...
its not about APC or PDP issue...its good governance. we should collectively fight for what is ours that is in some thieves pockets. Money stolen should be accounted for and not someone saying bygone is bygone...some people died for this money.

If you had only one company and someone ran it bankrupt and you know the person, will you turn a blind eye and say letz move on because the person is your family?
Kukah said Buhari should focus on stability of the country...how can you stabilize the country when states are owing salaries and the monies is in some people's pocket. it has never happened that states and federal govt will be owing salaries for months in the history of this country...and this is because the level of corruption has eaten deep and something needs to be done fast...otherwise this country will seize to exist one day.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by maestroferddi: 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Granted that a topic on Bishop Kukah has appeared on FP earlier today, but that shouldn't preclude this one from enjoying the requisite exposure.

I have seen a lot of wishy-washy topics on how some PDP hate figures failed do things like brushing their teeth three times in a day make FP.

Why then are Nigerians being blind-sided from seeing the points being canvassed here or has the media buy-over got here?

Lalasticala, barcanista, firefire. pendy70, Demdem and other APC folks who do jump and pass whenever a topic is taking their party to task should also take note.
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by sammyj: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
........................................................................ Wailing cheesy cheesy shocked sad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
SonOfEl:

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by SonOfEl(m): 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
sammyj:
........................................................................ Wailing cheesy cheesy shocked sad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I presume you have nothing intelligent to contribute...... retard.....
Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by saint047(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
May be the next headline:
President Buhari plans to probe Bishop Kukah.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. by sammyj: 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
... shocked grin grin
SonOfEl:

I presume you have nothing intelligent to contribute...... retard.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra! UK Indicts Nigeria Over Radio Biafra / Breaking: Speaker, All Assembly Members, LGA Chairmen, Dump APC In Adamawa For P / Picture This: Ijaws Imagine If Igbos Didn't Have Oil And Gas[pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.