Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari (32029 Views)

Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande / Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by tayebest(m): 8:33am On Aug 13, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari said unsuitable qualifications limit the employment prospects and potential of the Nigerian youth to contribute to national development.

The president spoke at the Old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja yesterday on the occasion of the 2015 International Youth Day celebrations.

He said “although education attainment by the Nigerian youth has increased significantly in the last decade, the relevance of curricula, quality of education and the fit with skills required by the job market still remains a challenge for the country. Unsuitable qualifications limit our young peoples’ employment prospects and potential to contribute to national development.”

The president said the youth had written their names in history and would be remembered as true heroes of the country’s democracy and architects of change.

“The role you played, individually and collectively, in not only being peaceful members of the electorate but also galvanising the social media platform and mobilising your peers to make the right choice,” he said.

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/why-youths-are-unemployed-buhari/106186.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2015
I don't get this.... Should the youths stop going to school for fear of unemployment or what??

Well sha, whatever

Don't blame the youth.... Empower or create jobs

Dedicates this FTC to those who haven't made FTC since they joined Nairaland keep trying, use Airforce1, Temitemi1, Elton, LadyF and Commander in chief Mrs INTROVERT as your source of motivation gringrin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Chibaba247(m): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2015
Him sef wey no go school was employed by millions of Nigerians

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 13, 2015
benedictnsi:
Don't blame the youth.... Empower or create jobs

in the making, go and update your CV, dust your credentials and polish your shoes...

12 Likes

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by ssmarttssales: 8:39am On Aug 13, 2015
interesting
Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by tayebest(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2015
Dharniel:

in the making, go and update your CV, dust your credentials and polish your shoes...

Lmao! grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by tayebest(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2015
lalasticlala hwva na
Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Iddiot(m): 8:40am On Aug 13, 2015
till den
Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Acekidc4(m): 8:40am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by doublewisdom: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2015
Hear who's talking about "unsuitable qualifications". Buhari should know that those who live in glass houses do not throw stones.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2015
Dharniel:

I don't see anything good about you, even quoting me was totally senseless..... The only thing I see is your signature, "que sera sera"

My grandmother died @ the age of 115 cos she was minding her own business

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by socialmediaman: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2015
Graduates can work in good paying factories too, but there are none, lol. GEJ and his predecessors said no way, they must loot first before they work, so here we are! grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by moriarity(m): 8:44am On Aug 13, 2015
Now you know why,what are you gonna do about it?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by tayebest(m): 8:45am On Aug 13, 2015
socialmediaman:
Graduates can work in good paying factories too, but there are none, lol. GEJ and his predecessors said no way, they must loot first before they work, so here we are! grin grin grin

Change is sweet! grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 13, 2015
benedictnsi:

I don't see anything good about you, even quoting me was totally senseless..... The only thing I see is your signature, "que sera sera"

My grandmother died @ the age of 115 cos she was minding her own business

now you be thinking you've made a punch-line comment. people who don't see "good" in themselves can never see any good in anybody so i ain't suprised, besides you don't know me. and please don't forget, it ain't your business NL is a forum, get that into your brain. i just hope you comprehend this...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 8:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Dharniel:

now you be thinking you've made a punch-line comment. people who don't see "good" in themselves can never see any good in anybody so i ain't suprised, besides you don't know me. and please don't forget, it ain't your business NL is a forum, get that into your demented fish-brain. i just hope you comprehend this...

My friend, stop distracting me..... I am not being sarcastic yet ok?? Mr Daniel you don't know me too....

Anyway I have noticed you, nice meeting you

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by sweatlana: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2015
The reason why youths are unemployed is because people like buhari and obj who were successful as youths have refused to give way for today's youth to prosper.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Emmanuel950(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2015
He should say why he isn't creating jobs

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by freshness2020: 9:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Baba is just contradicting himself... undecided undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by maxiuc(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Now wey I no sabi book nko any hope

3 Likes

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by joseph1832(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Mr President who made the qualifications unsuitable? And Mr President, whose job is it to check the curricula, quality of education given and the necessary skills reQuired for the Nigeria youth to enter the job market?.

I really don't think it is the fault of the Nigerian youth that the standard of education has dropped drastically!.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by alaoeri: 9:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Baba is talking. cool
Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Chinaimporter: 9:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Lol
Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Dindondin(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2015
for the 1st time, Buhari stfu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by writetopoker: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2015
Imagine this dullard of daura throwing stones when he's leaving in a glass house, illiterate pedophilia and cattle rearer of daura, a confused pinsure snapping comedian and detector who have belittled every constitutional sense of democracy. Idiatic. I thnk this mallam should be impeached on a vote of no confidence for being confused, tyrant and running the nation without any major appointment nonsense, coming online to insult the youths when his common o'level is questionable. Some of this idiotic elites thnk this nation is there private estate. I don't blame them, I blame the youths of Nigeria who can never stand up to there rights and say enough is enough they only comes here and type sentimental rubbish, thats why anything goes in Nigeria. Foooooooooools

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by justanotherme: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2015
Create jobs and STFU

10 Likes

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by rozayx5(m): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
grin

see who is talking about qualification

keep the excusee coming grin cheesy grin grin

one chance daura dullllard

10 Likes

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
undecided what's this 'certificateLESS' Daura Man saying?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by anonimi: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Youths Are Unemployed - Buhari by tolexy007(m): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
b

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures As MTN Mast In Akwa Ibom Community Gutted By Fire (2015) / #Dasukigate: Church Members Boo Falae - PerSecondNews / EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.