Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. (2755 Views)

How To Recognize A Stroke And What To Do To Prevent It. / Ghanaian Nurse Vitiligo Sufferer: "Why My Mum Deserves Some Accolades" / Please Help My Mum Is Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2015
she has been hypertensive for a while now, and she did take the drugs prescribed to her by a doctor. She went out last week wednesday, and came back complaining of some inner pains on her left leg and left hand. We did not take it serious because that had been her usual norm whenever she works some distances. When she woke up at midnight to toilet, she discovered that both the left hand and left leg are now heavy, and difficult to carry. That was how it started. We are totally confused on the proper steps to take. Some people are saying that it has no cure medically, while some said it has. Some people also said that we should focus on local herbs alone. Medical practitioners in the house, please help a brother out.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by Paschal001: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2015
. Am not a doctor.. Dr in d house, help him o
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by dulux07(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2015
Take her to d hospital before it starts getin worse.

1 Like

Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 11:03am On Aug 13, 2015
dulux07:
Take her to d hospital before it starts getin worse.
we have in mind to take her to ifako ijaiye general hospital tomorow. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by Drkul(f): 11:17am On Aug 13, 2015
Sorry about your mom, the 1st step should be taking her to hospital. Wishing her a speedy recovery
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2015
Paschal001:
. Am not a doctor.. Dr in d house, help him o
thank you for you concern. I have left my state of PPA(ogun) to lagos since last week thursday, and i am still in lagos till now. i should be at cds meeting now. my plans to start a proffesional course lecture this week has just been altered. I am now mentally unstable.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2015
Drkul:
Sorry about your mom, the 1st step should be taking her to hospital. Wishing her a speedy recovery
amen! Thanks.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tforever(m): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
tunde4top:
she has been hypertensive for a while now, and she did take the drugs prescribed to her by a doctor. She went out last week wednesday, and came back complaining of some inner pains on her left leg and left hand. We did not take it serious because that had been her usual norm whenever she works some distances. When she woke up at midnight to toilet, she discovered that both the left hand and left leg are now heavy, and difficult to carry. That was how it started. We are totally confused on the proper steps to take. Some people are saying that it has no cure medically, while some said it has. Some people also said that we should focus on local herbs alone. Medical practitioners in the house, please help a brother out.
bro I must tell you the truth drugs have side effects and that could have caused the pain she is feeling. It's better she switch to natural supplements for maintenance..if you're interested in talking more do drop ur number and let's solve the problem.... Stay blessed.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
tforever:
bro I must tell you the truth drugs have side effects and that could have caused the pain she is feeling. It's better she switch to natural supplements for maintenance..if you're interested in talking more do drop ur number and let's solve the problem.... Stay blessed.
thanks!
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by MERS(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
OP, please do not be deceived. Take her to a hospital. As soon as possible.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tforever(m): 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
tunde4top:
thanks!
no problem I will call you up tomorrow.. Your mum will be fine.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by trendphemmy(m): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
sorry about ur mom,
she is likely to have ischemic stroke. with good physiotherapy she can regain some of d functions, but I will strongly advise against all d local or supplements people are writing about.
dere are some test to be done in d hospital like ecg to determine maybe it is due to atria fibrillation and d condition of d heart
lipid profile
fasting or random blood sugar
electrolyte urea and creatine
and some other test.
from my clinical point of view it can reoccur at anytime and it is worse if someone has had it before. delay is dangerous.
take her to a government owned hospital preferably a teaching hospital for good and expert management to limit disability and prevent re occurrence.
my 1 pence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
@trendphemmy. You advice is greatly appreciated sir. As early as tomorow morning, we will embark on the medical journey.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
If I tell you what she should take to help her, people will say I'm marketing and it doesn't work. As everything is a scam here on NL. But if you want a treatment for her apart or coupled with the hospital routine let me know, we've helped so many hypertensive/stroke patients.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by igbakigba2t15: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
I had partial stroke some months ago, precisely on 15th Mar 2015. It was terrible.....something I couldn't even wish my worst enemies. I could not walk nor swallow nor see properly for months, amongst other disabilities. But THANKS TO GOD ALMIGHTY...TODAY I AM ALMOST 95% recovered. TAKE HER TO HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY and follow up on this thread for recovery advice. God will surely heal her, Amen. Please check on this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/2524566/stroke-survivors-companion-simple-guide#36936116 for more information. Goodluck!
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
igbakigba2t15:
I had partial stroke some months ago, precisely on 15th Mar 2015. It was terrible.....something I couldn't even wish my worst enemies. I could not walk nor swallow nor see properly for months, amongst other disabilities. But THANKS TO GOD ALMIGHTY...TODAY I AM ALMOST 95% recovered. TAKE HER TO HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY and follow up on this thread for recovery advice. God will surely heal her, Amen.
it is nice hearing this encouraging and positive experience from you. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by omoanthonia: 9:20am On Aug 14, 2015
stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. It is the No. 5 cause of death and a leading cause of disability among adults.
A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts (or ruptures). when that happens, part of the brain cannot get the blood (and oxygen) it needs, so it and brain cells die.

combination of Greenlife products: ST, STRESSFREE, DOUBLE GINSENG AND DANSHEN PLUS gives you result for stroke treatment.

For more info contact us: 08083065167, try the products first and pay us later, is a guarantee.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
@igbakigba2t15. I could not locate the thread. Can you please in the name of God that you serve highlight the steps you took in overcoming the stroke ?. Thanks!
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
We took her to ifako ijaiye general hospital a forthnight ago. The doctor prescribed some tests for us to do. The doctor also prescribed some drugs for her to use for the main time. We returned back to the hospital last week with the text results. The female doctor studied the results. She said she does not has ito sugar. She said she has high cholesterol level. She said her hypertension history majorly caused the stroke, due to her negligence care. She prescribed another drugs, and prescribed one brain text for her again. She said we must come with the result on the day of next appointment(december 9 or so).
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
The doctor said she will meet their boss doctor on the day of next appointment. She said the boss doctor will not attend to them without the prospective result of the test. She said she must now be coming for every stroke clinic appointments giving to her. The doctor said to her that she is even lucky to be able to manage in raising up the left hand. She said it takes some people 1year to do that.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by ChelseaDr(m): 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
Thank God she is recovering. But you have to inform her that she MUST take her drugs as prescribed because a repeat stroke is most of the time worse than the previous one.

In my opinion, to give such a patient just recovering from stroke up to december for next appointment is outrageous to say the least. She is a client that shouod have been given a short appointment to see the effect of their treatment. Unless if you meant september otherwise december is such a long time. Does it mean they gave her drugs she will be taking from now till december? No reasonable doctor who knows their onions will do that. After one week take her back for follow up pls
For you, if you are above 25 years l will suggest you start monitoring your blood pressure together with your siblings because the chances of one of you developing HBP is already there. I wish her quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by geniewilliams(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2015
for total cure for the above medical condition kindly contact the chinese medical consultant on this number 07036507238
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by tunde4top(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
@ChelseaDr. Thanks for the comment. I was surprised too, when i saw december as the next appointment date.
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by oxypress: 4:41am On Aug 28, 2015
Stroke, brain damage, cerebral palsy, autism, epillepsy, PTSD or post traumatic stress disorder, dementia , memory loss and several neurodegerative disorders; all have one thing in common: insuficient blood supply and oxygen. You only get a reasonable result when there is adequate blood supply and oxygen delivered to the the damaged tissues. The safest way to do this is by adding hyperbaric oxygen therapy ( hbot ) to your treatment.

HBOT PROVIDERS in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/2327862/stroke-hbot#33950407
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by BigSarah(f): 5:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
Any update on this?
Re: Confused! My Mum Just Developed A Stroke. by sunbreaker: 10:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
omoanthonia:
stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. It is the No. 5 cause of death and a leading cause of disability among adults.
A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts (or ruptures). when that happens, part of the brain cannot get the blood (and oxygen) it needs, so it and brain cells die.
combination of Greenlife products: ST, STRESSFREE, DOUBLE GINSENG AND DANSHEN PLUS gives you result for stroke treatment.

For more info contact us: 08083065167, try the products first and pay us later, is a guarantee.
u don start again? Making gain from someone predicament.Better fear God.

(1) (Reply)

My General Hospital Experience / Any Hope For Seizure Cure For My Daughter At 20? / Freedom From Arthritis And All Sorts Of Muscle & Joint Pain With "FOREVER MOVE"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.