Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) (1168 Views)

2 Nigerians Arrested Over $500K In Stolen Items In The U.S(photos) / 2 Ladies Sent To Prison For Buying Stolen Items From A Supermarket In Anambra / Lady Hides Stolen Items In Her Panties, Gets Himiliated. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2015
If you're in the constant act of stealing and you've always been lucky to go scot free, I'm telling you now that a day will come that you will be caught in the act, humiliated, beaten and handed over to the police (that is if the people that catch you are kind enough not to kill and bury you without anybody noticing them) just like this man whose story you are about to read now. I'll even attach his pictures.

On a Wednesday morning some two months ago, I went out to eat in a nearby eatery. I locked my door and my items were inside my room. It's a room self contain in a building. The building has four rooms; all self contain, each self contain was let out to four different people. I rented one of these rooms. By my estimation, I went out for 15 minutes and by the time I came back, I opened my door, went in and discovered my laptop, it's charger and N54,OOO were missen. I didn't notice the money was gone at first because I kept it inside a bag I hung by the wall. It was after I couldn't find the laptop for minutes that I remembered to check the bag. Lo and behold, the money was gone. It came to me as a shock. I felt like a goat bullied and left with no horn to fight any other fight in life. I wondered who could have perpetrated that act. Some ghosts or the winged old women from my village? I had to alert my neighbors. There was nobody to be suspected so after much fruitless effort, the case was doused. I used to believe it must have been master-minded by one of my neighbors who came regularly to my room. But the question; 'who?' remained unanswered. I became uninterested in all my neighbors. I watch all of them closely and would give excuse of about to go out upon any visit from any of them.

On two other occasions I had suspected that someone gained entrance into my room. Although nothing was missen. I already devised a means of hiding my valuables in a way that no one would find them easily. I consequently changed my lock from a padlock to a jam-key. On Sunday (9th-Aug-20), I came back from church and discovered the door was locked in a way I didn't lock it when I left in the morning. I knew someone must have opened the lock again. Since the day my laptop and money were stolen, I've always went out with some of my valuables and keep the ones I can't carry inside the asbestos I deliberately broke in the bathroom. I disguised it like it was the manhole.

Yesterday, (12-O8-15) I had the intention of going out but I was held inside by an assignment I had to submit the next day. Around 12PM. All of a sudden, someone came knocking on the four doors of each room. I was inside my own room, I locked the door from behind. All my neighbors already went out. I was so security conscious and because of that I didn't answer the person that knocked, I tip-toed and looked through the key-hole to see who the person was.

The man I saw appeared to be in his late twenties. He was dark and has an enormous head like that of Goro in Mortal combart. He wore a deep blue jean trouser and a black tod shoe. On his back was a school bag. I settled to watch the scene while he brought out a big bunch of keys and opened the door directly opposite my room. The room belongs to a pretty lady in her early twenties, a student of OAU

Meanwhile, some two days back, I heard the lady moaning from inside her room in the middle of the night. She was giving a very nice ring tune that made me believe she enjoyed the fleshy banana she was eating with the mouth under her. A monstrous banana it must be because I wondered why a lady would moan loudly like that in the middle of the night. I was deeply engrossed in ecouterism. My banana became times seven of its original size. I wished it would happen every night. cheesy

The look of this guy that entered her room almost confirmed that he was the guy that was feeding the lady with a monstrous banana that night. Could this be the new guy sampling my pretty neighbor? I asked myself and a mixture of jealousy and anger journey like a fluid from my heart and soaked my face. I watched him as he scrutinized the lady's room. He came out after some minutes, locked the door and came directly for my own room. I became shocked and conscious of the fact that he is the person that has always come to open my room. I believe he knocked on all the doors just to make sure nobody was at home and if someone was at home, he would have made a polite request and aim to come back another time. No once would have suspected him.

He used one of the keys in the bunch to open my door lock (A jam-key) The hooks were moving and I became shocked. He couldn't get an entrance because I locked the door from behind. After much struggle, he left for the room beside mine. He was able to enter. I knew because I heard the door opening.

I immediately took my phone and sent a message to one of the guys in another building in the same compound I stay. The message read "Egbon, a thief is inside my flat, come with guys asap." I silenced my phone immediately because I knew the guy would call in order to confirm that it is not one of those pranks called "aro" popularly played on a naïve or unsuspecting victim by the Awo boys on OAU campus. I was so afraid because he could have a gun or any other weapon inside his bag. And if he heard any sound inside my room, I could be killed. The guy actually called back, I picked and whispered to him through the phone. I continued to look through the key-hole. Immediately I saw the guy coming with some other guys towards my flat, I ran out to meet them and we went straight to the man opening people's door.

We asked him what he was looking for and he said he was looking for accommodation. The look on his face didn't correspond with the fear in his voice. He began to shiver like an engine with worn out bolts and nuts set into an oscilatory motion. We asked him to open his bag and we found two laptops, a Samsung Galaxy tab, and three other phones inside his bag. We now asked him who owns the stuffs, he said he bought them and have the intention of re-selling them. We told him to operate on one of the laptops with password, he couldn't unlock it, just as we were still questioning him, he pushed the guy in front of him, ran so fast like a hundred metres sprinter contesting for glory, took to the fence and jumped perfectly without stress. We shouted out that there was a thief in the hostel, too many people went after him and he was eventually caught.

Like the whole population in Ile-Ife already heard that a thief has been caught, the news spread like fire consuming a dried bush in the harmattan season. Too many people crowded the scene. The guy was made to strip. Some hot-blooded guys used planks and cable wires on him. Some were so mean that they carried timber and hit him on his legs. Some ladies threw sands and water on him, some using phones to record the scene while some other ladies would have been wishing to be feeding on his dangling enormous banana sad . The humiliation was so much that I wished I had let him go.

After so much beatings, he confessed to have stolen those items. He was handed over to the police and after some investigation, he took the policemen to the hostel where he stole the laptops and phones. I was astounded to see that they belonged to one of my friends on campus and his roommate. He also confessed that he had always come around and check those rooms and that he stole my laptop and money the other time. I really hope they make him face real justice to serve as an example to others who are in this habit of stealing.

I am Dayo Ade and I am a Nairalander. I pray that God will deliver you all from the human-mice sneaking into your room at your unguarded hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by ladyF(f): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2015
Haaa. Everyday for the thief. Make I cover my eyes sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by Katastrofy: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2015
ladyf
Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 13, 2015
angry
Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by XTROVAT: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by DTOBS(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2015
if ona no know, OAU no dey tolerate thiefs and their accomplices like rapist nd u know...
if you thief and u re caught, whether on campus or off campus,then OYO will b ur case
Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by Keepshining(f): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2015
JT.
Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by Magician1503(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2015
Nice cheesy very nice grin
Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by DoubleFaith(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
you will wonder what he does with the monies...thieves get serious mind o...he is lucky they didnt end his 'thieving' career there by way of jungle justice.
Re: Man Caught With Stolen Items In An Hostel Off Campus In Ile-ife (pictures) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
DoubleFaith:
you will wonder what he does with the monies...thieves get serious mind o...he is lucky they didnt end his 'thieving' career there by way of jungle justice.
He should thank his gods we are not Bayelsans. We would have lynched him immediately. angry

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Fire At Ojuelegba Bridge As Burst Explodes (photo) / Horror! Police Arrest Man With Pounded Human Flesh In Lagos(photos) / Oba’s Death: Tension In Ota Over Alleged Sacrifice Of Albinos, Hunchbacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.